• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

Id love to have Semin

He's lazy, inconsistent, and possessed of a bad attitude. No thanks.

I think more and more every day that we should try to get Richards. Honestly, the people who want UFA more than anything might be the only ones left.

I would love so much to say eff you to Toronto and the other teams trying for him by signing him.

Hopefully get an NTC that expires next season so when UFA sucks next year as well, we could trade him for a high draft pick. :P

That sounds like a plan that would work great in NHL 11, but horribly in real life.

Professional ice hockey player Tomáš Kopecký agreed on four years ' contract with the Club in the Florida Panthers (NHL). To the definitive agreement came after the Panthers acquired the rights to a player of Chicago under pondelkovej exchange for a choice in the seven rounds of the 2012 and 2013 scratch list.

Not sure how relaible the source is but its from a Slovak Website using a rough translation.

http://hokej.pravda.sk/kopecky-sa-dohodol-s-floridou-na-stvorrocnej-zmluve-f9i-/sk_nhl.asp?c=A110628_114011_sk_nhl_p50

He's lazy, inconsistent, and possessed of a bad attitude. No thanks.

That sounds like a plan that would work great in NHL 11, but horribly in real life.

You are consistently against every player ever brought up in every discussion. I think you have a complex where you must think that you know everything that everybody else doesn't so you go against the grain just to prove to yourself that you are a hockey genius. As well, the chances of Ken Holland aquiring any of the mentioned players (due to the odds of sheer statistics)you can justify your negative thoughts about each player by saying, "See! Holland didn't sign him or trade for him! That proves he is as terrible as I told all of you!"

I know we probably wont be friends after saying this - but I suspect this kind of attitude may branch out in other segments of your life. You might want to secretly look into for your own good.

Guest Heaten

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Pitkanen's deal with CAR is three years at $4.5M per.

Another one is out for Holland

this is making me kind of nervous....

we MUST get our hands on Wisniewski and hopefully on Erhoff as well

You'd have to think that now a trade for Wiz's rights would be a pretty good thing to do. I know Montreal said they weren't gonna re-sign him, but sheesh, with all the D-men re-upping already, it makes that much less available! (DUH, but you know what I mean!)

Wiz, 5yrs $5M per....sign him, book it, stamp it....let's roll.

You'd have to think that now a trade for Wiz's rights would be a pretty good thing to do. I know Montreal said they weren't gonna re-sign him, but sheesh, with all the D-men re-upping already, it makes that much less available! (DUH, but you know what I mean!)

im totally on board with that.

get it done Kenny!

Howdy all. First time caller, long time listener. I signed up just to post something similar to the above post. I'm getting very nervous with the market drying up, and it would seem that trading for Wiz's rights at this point seems safer than the possibility of a bidding war. Giving up an asset will be less of a loss then overpaying over the course of a contract or probably even worse, losing out on a good signing. I really hope that this happens, in fact, I felt this was a good idea on the 2nd day of the draft as well.

Howdy all. First time caller, long time listener. I signed up just to post something similar to the above post. I'm getting very nervous with the market drying up, and it would seem that trading for Wiz's rights at this point seems safer than the possibility of a bidding war. Giving up an asset will be less of a loss then overpaying over the course of a contract or probably even worse, losing out on a good signing. I really hope that this happens, in fact, I felt this was a good idea on the 2nd day of the draft as well.

First of all, Welcome! Second, even if Holland traded for his rights doesn't mean he won't get in a bidding war over him, he does become a UFA Friday, BUT it does give Holland exclusive negotiating rights up until Friday, so hopefully he would agree to a contract before he becomes a UFA...

First of all, Welcome! Second, even if Holland traded for his rights doesn't mean he won't get in a bidding war over him, he does become a UFA Friday, BUT it does give Holland exclusive negotiating rights up until Friday, so hopefully he would agree to a contract before he becomes a UFA...

Yep, I understand. It just seems like it would give us a few days to try to get a contract locked up before a bidding war, in theory possibly saving us cap space. The pick would be conditional too, so it seems to be low risk. This isn't to say that Holland hasn't tried this already or he possibly knows that Wiz won't sign till Friday+ I do have faith in Holland, though he does seem too conservative in pressure situations like this past week or so. Well more conservative than I'd be, which is probably a good thing for sure!

I would like to have Wiz but 5 years/$25M is just too much for him... There is no need to overpay, imagine how much Kronwall will be asking next year... I had chance to watch him with Montreal last season and he's not that good in own zone.