• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Seriously though, let teams overspend now only to deadlock themselves for the years following immidiately after. We did the same thing right after the new CBA. We were left sitting pretty with our contracts while other teams were gasping for air. Remember, every overspent million dollar in a 6 year contract is just another million dollars working in our favor.

Am I the only one that is liking Holland even more in the midst of this offseason? Dude is as cool as a cucumber.

The more all of this Wisniewski/Ehrhoff drama unwinds, the less opposed I am to the idea of Babchuk/White/Greene. They've shown themselves capable of putting up some respectable numbers, and will demand a decent chunk less because they're not the marquee names.

And depending on what happens with Barker, that could be a decent option too. All of those seem to be more up Holland's alley, and much more likely to happen. These guys have the potential to come in, and look like a huge steal after they put up 35-40 points.

Per Jon Rimer's Twitter:

Detroit Red Wings News: No deal with Wings and Patrick Eaves, & looks like he'll be testing the open market tomorrow.

Hope it's not true and he signs a late deal... for the right cap hit of course. I like the guy.

Per Jon Rimer's Twitter:

Detroit Red Wings News: No deal with Wings and Patrick Eaves, & looks like he'll be testing the open market tomorrow.

Hope it's not true and he signs a late deal... for the right cap hit of course. I like the guy.

I knew this was going to happen, all the quotes about Eaves have led me to believe he's going to sign elsewhere. Very upsetting, one of my favourite players, our best PK'er (IMO), he's a pretty reasonable loss. Don't go Patty. :(

That sucks. I hadn't heard anything about him yet until now. I thought he liked his role on the team, but I guess he could get bigger money somewhere else playing on a second line or something. That loss is going to hurt, definitely dents our PK units and hard working role player stash.

Chuck Kobasew maybe? If we lose Eaves, he might be a decent option. Some offensive potential and good PK'er.

Could do worse. Not exactly happy with his salary last season though, hopefully he signs for less.

Makes you realise how good a deal we had Eaves/Miller on, steals both of them.

That might mean that Miller will be back for good, as he had expressed it during the season. Possibly more playing time for him. I'd have to think, if we lose Eaves, that we will get a forward who is responsible defensively, but can also put up some points...

Chuck Kobasew

Marco Sturm

Jamie Langunbrunner

Joel Ward

Scottie Upshall

Vernon Fiddler

Maxime Talbot

Sean Bergenheim

Those are just a few that I noticed as FA (salary from high to low last year).

That might mean that Miller will be back for good, as he had expressed it during the season. Possibly more playing time for him. I'd have to think, if we lose Eaves, that we will get a forward who is responsible defensively, but can also put up some points...

Chuck Kobasew

Marco Sturm

Jamie Langunbrunner

Joel Ward

Scottie Upshall

Vernon Fiddler

Maxime Talbot

Sean Bergenheim

Those are just a few that I noticed as FA (salary from high to low last year).

Please.