• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Dunno if I'd want Souray in Detroit.

There seems to be some consistency about his rep as a locker room cancer.

If Wiz signs with the BJ's - I'd say either Kaberle, or White will be a Red Wing.

This wouldn't be an upgrade at all considering Raffi is much better than Kaberle and White IMO. I would rather see Kenny make a trade instead to get a D man.

This wouldn't be an upgrade at all considering Raffi is much better than Kaberle and White IMO. I would rather see Kenny make a trade instead to get a D man.

Let us get something straight...

There is ZERO chance that we can upgrade from Raffi. There just isn't that player, or players available.

Shame about Eaves...out of him and Miller, Eaves was who I would have wanted back. At least it opens a spot on our 4th line for something potentially (but unlikely) exciting. :ph34r:

I have a feeling we'll sign Jovanovski, personally as a short term solution until Lidstrom retires and we can actually spend to get the best Dman available. Not saying I support this move, but it looks likely. Also holding out we get a bit of 4th line toughness like every year. We usually alternate between a year of having a tough guy and a year without and as last season was without I'm hopeful. Max Talbot is about as much as Im gonna hope for.

Although the Wings like their rejuvenation projects...Dan Carcillo? Just throwing it out there. If we could get him playing like he did in Phoenix again after his awful time at the Flyers it would be terrific.

Edit: On the 4th line front, just realised Mike Rupp is going to be a free agent come tomorrow after the Pens decided to let him go. 17 points and 9 goals. Not bad. Only a minus-4 playing for a pretty bad Pens team. Was a +5 with 13 goals last season.

Edited by uk_redwing

Shame about Eaves...out of him and Miller, Eaves was who I would have wanted back. At least it opens a spot on our 4th line for something potentially (but unlikely) exciting. :ph34r:

I have a feeling we'll sign Jovanovski, personally as a short term solution until Lidstrom retires and we can actually spend to get the best Dman available. Not saying I support this move, but it looks likely. Also holding out we get a bit of 4th line toughness like every year. We usually alternate between a year of having a tough guy and a year without and as last season was without I'm hopeful. Max Talbot is about as much as Im gonna hope for.

Although the Wings like their rejuvenation projects...Dan Carcillo? Just throwing it out there. If we could get him playing like he did in Phoenix again after his awful time at the Flyers it would be terrific.

I'm starting to think Both Miller and Eaves will walk. If this is the case, we need to look for a guy that can kill penslties, obviously. I like Gregory Campbell (If he doesn't stay with Boston), and Kyle Chipchura. Talbot's a *****. He's a fraction of what he used to be. I'm still hoping for Brad Winchester. With most other notable defensemen signing elsewhere, Kenny needs to make a trade. Jovanovski would be a decent replacement for Salei but I don't feel he can effectively take on Rafalski's role.

Edit: Mike Rupp at any cost

He is RFA... isn't he?

He wasn't sent a qualifying offer by Winnipeg, making him a UFA.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

I'm starting to think Both Miller and Eaves will walk. If this is the case, we need to look for a guy that can kill penslties, obviously. I like Gregory Campbell (If he doesn't stay with Boston), and Kyle Chipchura. Talbot's a *****. He's a fraction of what he used to be. I'm still hoping for Brad Winchester.

How about Marty Reasoner?

With most other notable defensemen signing elsewhere, Kenny needs to make a trade. Jovanovski would be a decent replacement for Salei but I don't feel he can effectively take on Rafalski's role.

There are few defensemen in the league who could fill Rafalski's shoes. As for a trade, how about Ryan Whitney? He's a good all-around defenseman and that kind of acquisition would allow for Ericsson and/or Kindl and/or Smith to take on the offensive responsibilities of Rafalski.

How about Marty Reasoner?

There are few defensemen in the league who could fill Rafalski's shoes. As for a trade, how about Ryan Whitney? He's a good all-around defenseman and that kind of acquisition would allow for Ericsson and/or Kindl and/or Smith to take on the offensive responsibilities of Rafalski.

Reasoner would be interesting. Guy still has some speed, and is capable of killing penalties. He put up decent numbers last year, and Florida would be silly to let him walk, especially at his salary. To be honest, I don't know a ton about Ryan Whitney. I know he's got offensive upside, but i'm not quite sure how defensively sound he is. I wouldn't be upset if Reasoner and/ or Whitney were acquired.

As far as Smith goes, I still feel he needs some time in GR. Give him a few games in Detroit, but I don't wanna rush his development.

#NHL news. Steve Montador agreeing to terms with #Blackhawks. Word is 11M over 4 yrs.

Everyone around us is making moves. I'm holding out faith that he's got something up his sleeve.

Then I would love to sign him.

Of all the UFA he is the largest one to have the skill to be a goal scorer.

One of the only forwards i'd take before him would be Mike Rupp. My wish list for tomorrow includes any of the following:

Mike Rupp

Anthony Stewart

Kyle Chipchura

Brad Winchester

Gregory Campbell

Scottie Upshall

Everyone around us is making moves. I'm holding out faith that he's got something up his sleeve.

One of the only forwards i'd take before him would be Mike Rupp. My wish list for tomorrow includes any of the following:

Mike Rupp

Anthony Stewart

Kyle Chipchura

Brad Winchester

Gregory Campbell

Scottie Upshall

I would take Scottie or Stewart.

Both would have to be lean contracts though...

Honestly, I think the only player who is bigger that can put up points is Shea Weber. Right now we have about the same odds of winning the Lotto.

Mike Rupp

Anthony Stewart

Kyle Chipchura

Brad Winchester

Gregory Campbell

Scottie Upshall

any one of those guys would be a great addition.

Winchester please.

He's tall, Canadian, is physical and fights. Exactly what we don't have on our 4th line. A 6'5 forward who can wear teams down is just what we need.

Guy can score a little as well.

Get off the phone sex hotline and make a move Kenny!

I know the cap has gone up but some of these overpayments are almost like trying to save face for trading a pack for negotiating rights.

PS: Zenon Konopka has said the Islanders aren't re-signing him. There's one more great 4th line option that Kenny won't consider.

I know the cap has gone up but some of these overpayments are almost like trying to save face for trading a pack for negotiating rights.

PS: Zenon Konopka has said the Islanders aren't re-signing him. There's one more great 4th line option that Kenny won't consider.

He'll go to Philadelphia or Toronto. The Leafs re-signed Jay Rosehill today. Could that spell the end of Colton Orr's career? Haven't heard anything about him over the off-season. I speculate because Rosehill is on a one way contract, now.