• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

via FREEP

"We need another defenseman, so we'll explore the market," general manager Ken Holland said. "If there's a player there, at a number we feel good about, we're going to try to jump in. If they're only above-average players, in our mind, then we'll look at going a different way."

There's a good chance they may not sign anyone today.

Jamal Mayers goes to CHI for 1 yr/ $550K

$1.1M cap hit for Ben Eager, who just signed in the Oilers for 3 yrs.

Brett McLean to CHI on a 2-way per Darren Dreger.

Edited by Tim.D

That Eager signing is a good signing.

via FREEP

"We need another defenseman, so we'll explore the market," general manager Ken Holland said. "If there's a player there, at a number we feel good about, we're going to try to jump in. If they're only above-average players, in our mind, then we'll look at going a different way."

There's a good chance they may not sign anyone today.

WHAT OTHER ******* WAY COULD YOU GO?!?!?!?!?

Are you going to conjure one out of thin air? Beg Raf to come back? Sign someone out of a moosejaw beer league?

Edit: pardon the language, but damn it...

Edited by Majsheppard

That Eager signing is a good signing.

WHAT OTHER ******* WAY COULD YOU GO?!?!?!?!?

Are you going to conjure one out of thin air? Beg Raf to come back? Sign someone out of a moosejaw beer league?

Edit: pardon the language, but damn it...

Same article

"I thought Rusty Salei did a nice job for us last year," Holland said. "I told his agent that we're not going to sign him prior to July 1. But maybe the way to go is to try to get ourselves a couple of pros, maybe Rusty is one of them. We're going to explore."

The Wings secured the services of Jonathan Ericsson with a three-year extension Thursday, and he's slated to be the No. 5 guy. They also have Jakub Kindl under contract and are prepared to give Brendan Smith, their 2007 first-round pick, a chance to make the team.

"We've got some young kids that could be as good as some of the players on the market down the road," Holland said. "So that's what we have to debate a little bit, is opportunity vs. direction."

If they're not gonna sign a defensemen and just stick with the kids. They better go all out and get a top 6 forward and boost the offense. Because they're gonna have to score alot of goals to win games if the defense is as lackluster as it was last season.

I don't mind going with the kids, but if you are, we have to get better in some other way. Richards NEEDS to be signed IMO. So we can trade Fil and Hudler later for something.

Babchuk still available. Steal him, Kenny!

You know it is bad when someone described as incredibly inconsistent is a steal.

I don't mind going with the kids, but if you are, we have to get better in some other way. Richards NEEDS to be signed IMO. So we can trade Fil and Hudler later for something.

Richards wants a long term deal. It would be sweet if Holland offered him a Hossa deal for one season.

No need to panic!! :P

esteef

I actually think Janik is a better (I.E. more consistent and sound defensively) player than almost everyone left in UFA.

Of all the times I watched him play, AHL and NHL, I have never noticed him make a horrible play without at least responding immediately afterwords.

Mayers to Chicago? I don't know how much, but this shows that Holland is staying small, skilled. And so far staying the same as last year....

Please Holland, for the love of pete, UPGRADE YOUR TEAM!!!!

edit: $550K? Really Holland? Really? Get off the phone with all the Euros and get some ******* balls on this team!

edit 2: I guess with the siging of Miller/Eaves we aren't going to sign any forwards unless we make a trade. Come on Holland, get your Defense tougher!!!! Say no to Kaberle! PLEASE!!!

Edited by LeftWinger

Richards wants a long term deal. It would be sweet if Holland offered him a Hossa deal for one season.

It would be, but I doubt that happens.

I don't mind a long term contract if it is for a Zetterberg type amount.

Relax people, Holland isnt going to sit on his ass with 10 million to spend. Expect a Dman and top 6 forward before its all over. With 14 forwards already signed you know that means there will be a trade to add that top 6 forward to the roster. Patience please!

Want to bet? The other reply above figures into this, if we spend too much, it makes the next two years of resigning and UFAs harder to manage.

I am for signing Richards because it allows us to move players for something later.

For everyone that says that won't fix anything because we need D, I do NOT disagree.

However, it is the only shot at being a better team than last year. Even then it is a long shot.

I wonder if we can swing a massive trade for Weber now... How much would it cost us...