• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Looking at commodore's stats, why did he only play 20 games last year? Injuries? He's only played 70+ games 3 seasons in the last decade. That's the only thing that worries me. He's obviously Salei's replacement.

1 year, 1 mil for Commodore. Must have taken all morning to work that one out.

Not great but not the worst signing possible. The other shoe has to drop on a top-end defenceman. The Wings have known they've needed one for a month.

1 yr 1 mil for Commodore does not excite me, but it is only one year so no real negative to it, he is better than Salei, imo, so this is an OK deal.

Neither bad nor great move, but helps the D a little, Commodore is a sold vet.

Oh wait here is the negative:

n501449259_677405_2022.jpg

I had this haircut when I was little my mom was a bit of a hippy! What is his excuse:

commodore.jpg

For a million, I like it. We still have lots of money, and are trying to trade Hudler. Keep it going Kenny, bring in another d-man.

But who??? I would like a name, one guy we could trade for that wouldn't cost us everything...

Right now I think the only satisfaction would be Ken making a blockbuster where he moves Fil, Hudler, Sheahan, Ferro, and firsts plural for Weber's rights then signing Richards.

That is the only way I think I will say today was a cup winning type of day.

Also hearing the Wings offered a multi-year $2M+ contract to Ville Lieno.

Id be so happy! to give him up for nothing because he didnt work in our system just to bring him back...god kenny is such a genius lol

Edited by Datsyukian-Deke

Looking at commodore's stats, why did he only play 20 games last year? Injuries? He's only played 70+ games 3 seasons in the last decade. That's the only thing that worries me. He's obviously Salei's replacement.

He got sent to the minors for a sucky attitude and he wasn't worth the big $$$ Columbus gave him a couple of years ago. He got bought out (a la Superstar Patty Eaves)

georgemalik George Malik

RT @BrianHedger: To refresh, Commodore on Babcock trading him in 2003: "Mike Babcock was without a doubt an obstacle in my career."

EDIT: For one year at a million, though, it's worth a gamble.

Edited by mjlegend

But who??? I would like a name, one guy we could trade for that wouldn't cost us everything...

Right now I think the only satisfaction would be Ken making a blockbuster where he moves Fil, Hudler, Sheahan, Ferro, and firsts plural for Weber's rights then signing Richards.

It might have to be through a trade, I'd still like Ian White. But the pickings are slim.

One thing, I remember several years ago bringing up Commodore only to be shot down because Babs had a tiff with him.

I remember being lambasted for that, should I try and find that thread so crow can be eaten?

No, I am too lazy. :hehe:

It might have to be through a trade, I'd still like Ian White. But the pickings are slim.

I'd take Ian White, but honestly I think that it just makes a log jam at D. You start to risk Smith with a signing like that. A trade would be unavoidable in the future unless we don't do anything in UFA next year.

Still I would rather make that move than not.

Sullivan was a great signing for Pit.

So you are admitting only the impossible would give you satisfaction???

The Wings trade Hudler, Flip and a top level prospect to WPG for Bogo, possibility.

Maybe the Wings see if Nas is interested in getting rid of Suter (doubt it whole same division thing).

Matt Carle looks to be expendable.

What about Wideman?

First you want a blockbuster but then Ian White is ok with you?

Edited by Opie

So you are admitting only the impossible would give you satisfaction???

The Wings trade Hudler, Flip and a top level prospect to WPG for Bogo, possibility.

Maybe the Wings see if Nas is interested in getting rid of Suter (doubt it whole same division thing).

Matt Carle looks to be expendable.

What about Wideman?

First you want a blockbuster but then Ian White is ok with you?

What I am saying is I don't think we are a better team unless we do the impossible right now.

Raf was a huge loss. Wideman would be an okay addition and would help the power play which is going to be AWFUL next year. Carle wouldn't improve anything and cost us more than Hudler.

Bogo would be a great addition, but it wouldn't make us as good as we were last year.

That is all I am saying, we need to make a massive splash just to break even. I don't like hearing that.

Holland can make impossible happen, so I am hoping he does it. I don't expect it though. But something like that is what is needed to become favourites for the cup again.

I am okay with many moves, but I don't think that makes us the best team in the league.

Clarified?

EDIT: at this point getting rid of Flip for Bogo would be a step back unless we landed Richards.

Edited by Majsheppard