• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

I'd like to call Kenny and tell him to get the f*** on Doughty. Please and thank you.

Very unlikely, but I am right there with you on that. MY GOD I would love to see #8 in a Wings Jersey on the blue line with Lidstrom and or Kronwall. DROOOOOLLL

So what about this for a game, which Former Wing gets bought out first? Leino or Fleisch.

Neither. If Fleischmann would've gone into a better organization with that money it could be possible that the contract might have been bought out because of an injury. Fleischmann has had issues with them lately.

4,5M seems to be the new market value for that kind of players as Laich, Leino, Fleischmann and Cole all got that money. Cap is going up in the future as well. Of course big part of it was the poor UFA market this year too.

This Free Agency Spending is beyond madness. This is why there should be a percentage cap for the amount the cap can go up or down in a year. The reason for this is that I am afraid we may be heading in the same direction the NHL was before the lockout in 2004-05. We will see more teams lose money most likely (Florida tops my list) and then more threats of teams moving. It is just an ugly cycle. I know some of you don't share my view but I am a Finance Major so I have a different view on this kind of stuff. I want hockey to succeed but I am concerned with this wreckless spending.

Just a reasonable question for those who've already hit the panic button:

Which contract given out today would you have liked to see Holland match, or improve upon to get said player to Detroit?

I would have sent an RFA sheet to Doughty AND get on the phone to start trade talks with Winnipeg for Bogosian.

Just a reasonable question for those who've already hit the panic button:

Which contract given out today would you have liked to see Holland match, or improve upon to get said player to Detroit?

Sheldon Souray at 1.65 is a good deal. Most people don't like him but he has a cannon.

I would have sent an RFA sheet to Doughty AND get on the phone to start trade talks with Winnipeg for Bogosian.

Today isn't the deadline for offer sheets and no one has no way of knowing what trade talks Holland is having.

How about today's contracts? That was what I was interested in.

Is there anyone out there who thinks Holland should have given Wiz $6 million over 5-years? That type of thing.

Wouldn't it figure that they start to talk about the Wings on NHL Live and my feed drops out, did anyone catch what he said about the Wings being irrelevant?

The basic gist was ... the best player available is still out there in Richards. If the Wings end up with him, they've done better than anyone else.

Today isn't the deadline for offer sheets and no one has no way of knowing what trade talks Holland is having.

How about today's contracts? That was what I was interested in.

Is there anyone out there who thinks Holland should have given Wiz $6 million over 5-years? That type of thing.

No I wouldn't have personally. For some reason I thought the offer sheet deadline was today...

The TSN panel was discussing how the Sabres are taking the Red Wings approach; make the players happy, keep a strong sense of loyalty throughout the organisation, and future UFAs will want to play there because word of mouth gets around.

Thanks! :thumbup: