• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

carcillo to hawks

still hoping kenny picks up a tough guy to keep guys like carcillo in check.

I don't see it happening due to the Miller signing - that would be too many forwards (remembering Mursak and Emmerton are out of options). Not that I'd mind a player like that, it's just clearly not in the plans.

The ONLY way we get a forward is if someone is traded...we already have 14 forwards. 6 defensmen and 1 goalie. Holland has $9.9M to spend on one more D and one G. So not unless he has a trade in the works, this will be our lineup basically and Holland will have $8M-ish of wasted Cap space. Holland shot the pooch today... And guys, ***** about Wiz's comments all you want, but blame Lidstrom and the like for taking contracts that are considered "Home Town Discounts" because now Holland has the mindset that NOONE can play for the Wings and make more than the Big three. So don't expect Suter next off season...

The ONLY way we get a forward is if someone is traded...we already have 14 forwards. 6 defensmen and 1 goalie. Holland has $9.9M to spend on one more D and one G. So not unless he has a trade in the works, this will be our lineup basically and Holland will have $8M-ish of wasted Cap space. Holland shot the pooch today... And guys, ***** about Wiz's comments all you want, but blame Lidstrom and the like for taking contracts that are considered "Home Town Discounts" because now Holland has the mindset that NOONE can play for the Wings and make more than the Big three. So don't expect Suter next off season...

I'd rather have the Wings trade and take on cap space, then waste money on some of the mediocore players that have proved nothing in their careers getting long and expensive contracts.

Seriously, it's Day 1 of the UFA period and we're already bitching. I was ticked earlier at the inaction, but I honestly believe their is a trade plan going on behind closed doors. Or at the least we are exploring some of the UFA d-men available. Anything we do will be short term, as next off-season could be a better opportunity and it will give Holland more freedom to re-sign Kronwall and Stuart.

Commodore is a solid 5/6 d-man, and that was a need, too. He WILL be better than Salei.

I just refuse to accept that with 9.8 million, we're done and won't at least spend another 6.5-7 million. I think we'll be big players at the trade deadline, especially if we cannot move Huds.

That dynamic might be changing slightly, look at Ericsson, that was not typical hometown discount at all. With the increased cap, things need to change. Wiz is more than likely a minority in his mentality about the Wings. s***, Bieksa already said the opposite before re-signing with Vancouver about taking a little less money to play with a contender/solid team.

I don't see it happening due to the Miller signing - that would be too many forwards (remembering Mursak and Emmerton are out of options). Not that I'd mind a player like that, it's just clearly not in the plans.

Yeah, but if we don't bring in a deterrent, maybe Konopka or even Janssen, those Chicago games are going to be brutal to watch. Carcillo and Mayers, two bonafide head-hunters? Who's the deterrent? Bertuzzi and Comodore? No, if Holland has any intelligence left in that head of his(and after the Ericsson signing, I just don't know) he'd sign an enforcer. I'm sick of having a team full of little ******* every season just because our GM disapproves of fighting.

Yeah, but if we don't bring in a deterrent, maybe Konopka or even Janssen, those Chicago games are going to be brutal to watch. Carcillo and Mayers, two bonafide head-hunters? Who's the deterrent? Bertuzzi and Comodore? No, if Holland has any intelligence left in that head of his(and after the Ericsson signing, I just don't know) he'd sign an enforcer. I'm sick of having a team full of little ******* every season just because our GM disapproves of fighting.

The Wings will just punish teams with their 5th place power play now minus Rafalski. :siren:

Notable UFA D-men Available:

Bryan McCabe - 36

Scott Hannan - 32

Tomas Kaberle - 33

Craig Rivet - 36

Ian White - 27

Anton Stralman - 24

Shane O'Brien - 27

Anton Babchuk - 27

Lee Sweatt - 24]

The guys in bold are the guys I'd like us to target now as a number 4 guy if we go this route. Primarily I'd like White or Babchuk, but Sweatt could be an interesting pick-up.

This is not ideal, but if we're talking about short term contracts, it's definitely something I'm sure the brass is discussing.

SJ signs Handzus 2 years $2.5 per

Oh crap. They just keep getting better. Handzus isn't amazing, but they're still bolstering their goal-scoring ability.

Lord I hope we have a chance at Gagne...and have plans to improve our D obviously.

How many Czechs would we have if we went after Kaberle? Do you think Hudler would play better if he had a friend from the homeland?

Just 'checked' - Tatar, Kindl, and Hudler. Kaberle is pretty good in regular season, this was his first post-season so hopefully with some vets around him and that year of experience, he'll do better. Let's go after him.

Edited by RedWingsRox

Boucher is gone. Auld is gone. Is Kenny thinking of bringing back Conklin or going to go with Joey Mac?

Lol I think hey going with ozzy...not good wings needto do somthing quick...get a d a someone cheap but good on off

How many Czechs would we have if we went after Kaberle? Do you think Hudler would play better if he had a friend from the homeland?

Just 'checked' - Tatar, Kindl, and er. Kaberle is pretty good in regular season, this was his first post-season so hopefully with some vets around him and that year of experience, he'll do better. Let's go after him.

At this point I'd be happy with kaberle..that's sad..but it might make hudler play better

Lol I think hey going with ozzy...not good wings needto do somthing quick...get a d a someone cheap but good on off

Not to be a dick, but your posts aren't even coherent.

I really hope we do go with Ozzy. I mean, we aren't being serious about making the team better, so at least we can take care of our own.

I would love to take care of our own, but the fact remains that at this point, Ozzie is too fragile. It would be nice to give Jimmy 20 games off and I don't think Ozzie has the health anymore to accomplish that. Don't tell him that, of course.

We'll see Conklin, Turco, or Nabokov via trade before we see Ozzie.

Holland must still be on the toillet reading a newpaper.

Gagne, Richards, Kaberle (gulp) would be fine. Anything less won't really stimulate me :P

i would love Gagne... Kaberle I could deal with, maybe on this team he can get his defensive game together. He can't be much worse than Raffi was this past season, right?