• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

I guess that means trades are out of the question, too.

when did we trade for someone better than 3rd pair def pylon? Shanahan comes to my mind in 1997... 15 years ago

knew there was zero chance of getting Richards but im bummed out about Stewart i mean 1.8 for 2 years that is a steal with the potential he has, i think we missed out here

Well, no team in the NHL is going to get the opportunity to do so.

Huh?

I think we should try and target a really high end Dman over the next year but ideally this offseason. There's not much left on the FA market that looks very attractive so what are our best trade options? I would really like JBo because he probably has good trade value ATM but he has a NTC so what are some of our options for a premier Dman right now?

I couldn't be happier we didn't get Wiz. The guy strikes me as a piece of work.

The E contract pisses me off, but not to the point where I am furious. I am just disappointed because we are not better than last year. We are clearly worse.

Not true. Since this time last year we have seen big improvements in

Helm

Howard

Datsyuk (he had probably his best playoff)

Kronwall

Eaves

It's not as sexy as signing high priced free agents but the high priced free agents rarely work out. Remember playoff no-show Hossa?

Not true. Since this time last year we have seen big improvements in

Helm

Howard

Datsyuk (he had probably his best playoff)

Kronwall

Eaves

It's not as sexy as signing high priced free agents but the high priced free agents rarely work out. Remember playoff no-show Hossa?

I agree, i wasn't looking for huge names but i was hoping to get a player that can add some depth and scoring... Stewart, Bergenheim, Sullivan, Larose

Gagne has been in the league for 11 years, has had concussion and has no upside. Ericsson is in his 3rd year and is only 26. Not a valid comparison

ok, St Louis got Oshie for 2.35 a year, Oshie is young and plays a bigger role for the Blues and is more NHL proven

Ericsson 3.25/yr

Gagne 3.5/yr

something is wrong with this

ok, St Louis got Oshie for 2.35 a year, Oshie is young and plays a bigger role for the Blues and is more NHL proven

You shouldn't really compare a defenseman's contract to forwards. Different roles, different teams, different market value.

Ericsson was overpayment that hopefully he may earn one day soon, but there's plenty of examples of overpayment when you look at the UFA's that are defenseman.

Edited by haroldsnepsts