• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

My memory is fuzzy, don't RFAs that have their arbitration awards accepted become UFA after their one/two year deals end?

Don't think so. I'm pretty sure that while the club can take a player to arbitration once, there's no such limit on a player taking his club to arbitration.

And also Ryan Callahan. My memory is fuzzy, don't RFAs that have their arbitration awards accepted become UFA after their one/two year deals end?

I was under the impression that a player can only file for arbitration once, and as a result I would think the awarded contract would need to go out to their first eligible year of unrestricted free agency.

When players go to arbitration they go to get a contract. If the team rejects the contract, the player becomes UFA. If the player rejects the contract they basically don't play until they honor the contract.

If they play the contract it has no affect on their UFA status. They follow the rules as normal to the best of my knowledge...

I find it less likely to get Either of these Rangers than it would be to get a Weber. They are just as loved and the Rangers will pay them.

@GMillerTSN: Troy Brouwer signs a 2 year deal with Washington worth $2.35m a year. He was acquired from Chicago for Washington's 1st rd pick this year.

@capgeek: #NHL #Capitals are about $3.33m away from the off-season cap of $70.73m, according to our estimates. Lots of time to sort things out.

What forward just became an ex-Cap?

Guest Hatethedrake!

@GMillerTSN: Troy Brouwer signs a 2 year deal with Washington worth $2.35m a year. He was acquired from Chicago for Washington's 1st rd pick this year.

@capgeek: #NHL #Capitals are about $3.33m away from the off-season cap of $70.73m, according to our estimates. Lots of time to sort things out.

What forward just became an ex-Cap?

Alexander Semin come on down! You are the next contestant on the Player is Right for the Red Wings! A 6.7 mil Cap hit with 1 year left on his contract, he can be ours if the Price is Right! I wonder if McPhee has him on the block? He'll likely cut elsewhere to get under the Cap. Semin would be a perfect winger for Datsyuk. Datsyuk with Semin and Hank with Mule. Nice 1-2 punch there. We could replace Hudler with Semin, sign Conklin and still be more than 2 mil under the Cap.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,079,544; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,220,456

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Leafs re-sign Tyler Bozak, 2 years, $1.5M per.

Antti Miettinen to KHL.

Langenbrunner and Arnott to Blues, both with one-year deals.

Edited by Jusek

Guest Crymson

Alexander Semin come on down! You are the next contestant on the Player is Right for the Red Wings! A 6.7 mil Cap hit with 1 year left on his contract, he can be ours if the Price is Right! I wonder if McPhee has him on the block? He'll likely cut elsewhere to get under the Cap. Semin would be a perfect winger for Datsyuk. Datsyuk with Semin and Hank with Mule. Nice 1-2 punch there. We could replace Hudler with Semin, sign Conklin and still be more than 2 mil under the Cap.

The only situation in which I could see Semin being worth it would be if we got him for a very reasonable price. He's a fairly streaky and unreliable winger who is prone to fits of laziness, and this is the last year on his present contract. And I think he's one player who could be trusted to not be reasonable or reliable in his contract negotiations.

That said, I see no reason why McPhee would have Semin on the trading block. The Caps will have an excellent team this season.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Alexander Semin ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.200m)

Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Drew Miller ($0.837m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

Ian White ($2.875m) / Mike Commodore ($1.000m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($1.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,079,544; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $2,220,456

Too bad semins a choke

I am looking over the available free agents and I am not seeing too much that I like... I still don't see Drury listed, but he is indeed a UFA. There isn't much left out there that I think that would be worth picking up. And why is Maxime Talbot listed as a UFA? Did the NHL void his contract? If Detroit could get Drury for a million, that would be ok, but it is looking like :puke: the best option would be to :puke: keep Hudler :puke: here....:puke: :puke:

Gosh it pained me to say that, but he would be ok to rotate in and out at the 12th position with Emmerton and Miller...

I still would love to see Hudler gone, even if Holland doesn't replace him and just keep 13 forwards, but if nobody wants him, then keep him around until his contract expires... I think I'd rather have Drury, Morrison or even Talbot (if he is indeed available) though...or just skip the UFA route and let another prospect win the position...

Edited by LeftWinger

Hey, do you like Hudler?

:lol: not too much, but as much as I do not like him, I really dont like saying we should just keep him....but you probably gathered that! But even I can't help the fact that nobody wants our fodder, so I guess let him play out his contract and if he does end up playing well, then his trade value will be higher at the deadline for when we acquire the "PLAYER" that will help us win another Cup...Holland has $7M available to him and has nobody to sign, if someone of the $5M-$7M type player becomes available at the deadline, expect him to use it (unless they ask for an unreasonable return of assets.)

I still like the trade Hudler for Nabokov idea...

Edited by LeftWinger

Gosh it pained me to say that, but he would be ok to rotate in and out at the 12th position with Emmerton and Miller...

That wouldn't do anyone any good. Hudler isn't a bottom 6 grinding forward. He wouldn't be effective in the role, and it would be a waste of a forward spot.

That wouldn't do anyone any good. Hudler isn't a bottom 6 grinding forward. He wouldn't be effective in the role, and it would be a waste of a forward spot.

To be fair, Hudlers not really effective in any role haha, but i get what you are saying. Im really hoping that if all this trade talk doesnt lead to a decent trade for Hudler and we are stuck with him for the year, hopefully all the talk and dissapointment will light a fire under his ass and he comes out and plays with some gusto this season....though hes guaranteed the paycheck for this year and can always go back to the khl next season so who knows how much pride he will show at this point.

To be fair, Hudlers not really effective in any role haha, but i get what you are saying. Im really hoping that if all this trade talk doesnt lead to a decent trade for Hudler and we are stuck with him for the year, hopefully all the talk and dissapointment will light a fire under his ass and he comes out and plays with some gusto this season....though hes guaranteed the paycheck for this year and can always go back to the khl next season so who knows how much pride he will show at this point.

Yeah, I was thinking about that earlier. I'm for giving Hudler the first half of the 11-12 season to make right - and I'd love to see a redemption story of sorts. Hopefully he's putting in the work this off-season to provide us what we were looking for out of him last year.