• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I guess you weren't really complaining, but even so, your statement was off the mark. Nobody here is overhyping him. Certainly not by 10 times.

That was an exaggeration. In any event, I think he has been over-hyped here for years.

Link

A very solid signing I think. Regardless, I don't see the Flames making the playoffs.

I like the signing for Calgary, as well.

Bouwmeester-Giordano

Sarich-Babchuk

Hannan-Butler

Carson/Mikkelson

I'm thinking if they can find anyone interested, Sarich could be dealt to give Mikkelson and Carson some playing time.

Guest Crymson

I like the signing for Calgary, as well.

Bouwmeester-Giordano

Sarich-Babchuk

Hannan-Butler

Carson/Mikkelson

I'm thinking if they can find anyone interested, Sarich could be dealt to give Mikkelson and Carson some playing time.

I think that unless Giordano and Bouwmeester both have career seasons, Calgary's production from the blueline will be very, very limited.

I think that unless Giordano and Bouwmeester both have career seasons, Calgary's production from the blueline will be very, very limited.

Agreed. There won't be much offensive production from the blueline, but Hannan is a good defensive acquisition for what he signed for. Overall, Calgary is going to have trouble scoring. Their top 6 isn't going to scare anyone, and they will have to win games 2-1 or 3-2 as opposed to 6-5 or 5-4.

Guest Crymson

Agreed. There won't be much offensive production from the blueline, but Hannan is a good defensive acquisition for what he signed for. Overall, Calgary is going to have trouble scoring. Their top 6 isn't going to scare anyone, and they will have to win games 2-1 or 3-2 as opposed to 6-5 or 5-4.

That means Kiprusoff will need to be much better.

I am not trying to stir up trouble here; I do however wish to make an observation.

Now that all the skill players are long since signed up. The only up-daters' to this thread are the guys who would like to see the Wings add enforcers...

Holding out hope?

I am not trying to stir up trouble here; I do however wish to make an observation.

Now that all the skill players are long since signed up. The only up-daters' to this thread are the guys who would like to see the Wings add enforcers...

Holding out hope?

There is little to no chance we will get one. However, i'd rather talk about minor signings and discuss different team's situations than talk about Crosby all day.

*Fredrik Sjostrom to the SEL

*Mikkel Boedker re-signs with Phoenix

*Andre Deveaux signs one-year, two-way contract with the Rangers

Sigh. Its August.

I read Fredrik Sjostrom and immediately thought of Fredrik Olausson.

Sigh. At least you're in the right month. I'm in the wrong year.

Hey, you're not the only one livin' in the past. Whenever I see Andre Deveaux, I immediately think of Boyd Devereaux. The glory years are still fresh in our minds :P

Oh, I'm still back in the '90s. The Wings were looking at some guy this summer and I was thinking, "Hey, give him a mullet and he looks just like that Jagr guy that used to play for Pittsburgh." Yeah, living in the past; waiting for the next Forsberg comeback.

Oh, I'm still back in the '90s. The Wings were looking at some guy this summer and I was thinking, "Hey, give him a mullet and he looks just like that Jagr guy that used to play for Pittsburgh." Yeah, living in the past; waiting for the next Forsberg comeback.

Fortunately for us I think Forsberg may actually be done. It hits me that i'm not a little child anymore when I see Drew Miller on the ice and always(always) think its Marty Lapointe. I damn near cried when Mark Recchi retired. Guys that i've grown up watching are hangin em up, further reminding me that i'm not a youngster anymore :P

Hey, you're not the only one livin' in the past. Whenever I see Andre Deveaux, I immediately think of Boyd Devereaux. The glory years are still fresh in our minds :P

For the first couple seasons of Paul Stastny's career, for a split second I would think "Peter Stastny is on the Avs? When did that happen?"

For the first couple seasons of Paul Stastny's career, for a split second I would think "Peter Stastny is on the Avs? When did that happen?"

Time really does fly. Before we know it, Datsyuk will retire and some young kid will break in with the #13 and we'll be like "Dats has really looked good in goal...wait!"

Ethan Moreau to Los Angeles on a one year deal.

Logan Couture signs 2 year extension with San Jose.

There's still plenty of guys out there looking for a spot on someone's roster:

Bryan McCabe

Cory Stillman

J.P. Dumont

Sergei Samsonov

Chris Campoli

Anton Strahlman

Fernando Pisani

John Madden

Steve Staios

Brad Winchester

Brian Sutherby

Pascal Leclaire

Mike Grier

Jason Strudwick

Ryan Carter

Kyle Wellwood

Nick Boynton

Logan Couture signs 2 year extension with San Jose.

There's still plenty of guys out there looking for a spot on someone's roster:

Bryan McCabe

Cory Stillman

J.P. Dumont

Sergei Samsonov

Chris Campoli

Anton Strahlman

Fernando Pisani

John Madden

Steve Staios

Brad Winchester

Brian Sutherby

Pascal Leclaire

Mike Grier

Jason Strudwick

Ryan Carter

Kyle Wellwood

Nick Boynton

I wonder how many of these players pulled a "Lilja", and priced themselves out of a job? A lot of serviceable players on that list. I'm sure some will be picked up during training camp, others once the season starts and injuries start to add up...And some, will retire quietly.