• Please log in to reply
1140 replies to this topic

#381 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,007 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

Agreed. Thisf****** blows. Supposed to be a frenzy and this just sucks.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling (1), $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, disney.com (1), Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: disney.com.  CONSOLATION PRIZE: $5/goal by: Datsyuk (3), $3/goal by: Z (1). MOTB TOTAL: $30

#382 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:49 AM

great pickup by Stevie in TB - Garon is a very solid backup and at a good price tag too... definitely wouldn't have minded him here...

Edited by stevkrause, 01 July 2011 - 11:50 AM.

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#383 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:51 AM

via FREEP

"We need another defenseman, so we'll explore the market," general manager Ken Holland said. "If there's a player there, at a number we feel good about, we're going to try to jump in. If they're only above-average players, in our mind, then we'll look at going a different way."

There's a good chance they may not sign anyone today.

#384 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Jamal Mayers goes to CHI for 1 yr/ $550K

$1.1M cap hit for Ben Eager, who just signed in the Oilers for 3 yrs.

Brett McLean to CHI on a 2-way per Darren Dreger.

Edited by Tim.D, 01 July 2011 - 11:54 AM.

#385 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts

Reports that Chicago has signed Jamal Meyers 1 yr / $550K.
Ben Eager - Edm 3 year deal. 1.1M cap hit.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#386 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:53 AM

That Eager signing is a good signing.

via FREEP

"We need another defenseman, so we'll explore the market," general manager Ken Holland said. "If there's a player there, at a number we feel good about, we're going to try to jump in. If they're only above-average players, in our mind, then we'll look at going a different way."

There's a good chance they may not sign anyone today.

WHAT OTHERf****** WAY COULD YOU GO?!?!?!?!?

Are you going to conjure one out of thin air? Beg Raf to come back? Sign someone out of a moosejaw beer league?

Edit: pardon the language, but damn it...

Edited by Majsheppard, 01 July 2011 - 11:54 AM.

"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#387 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:55 AM

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Brett McLean with Hawks on 2 way. $525 (nhl) $150 (ahl)
1 minute ago

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#388 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:56 AM

FLA signs Jose Theodore for 2 years at $1.5/year per Darren Dreger and Bob McKenzie.

Edited by Tim.D, 01 July 2011 - 11:57 AM.

#389 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Babchuk still available. Steal him, Kenny!
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#390 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,651 posts

Theodore a Panther

2 years - 1.5 mil

Good signing

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#391 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
FLA signs Jose Theodore to a two-year deal at $1.5M per year.

Posted Image

#392 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

That Eager signing is a good signing.

WHAT OTHERf****** WAY COULD YOU GO?!?!?!?!?

Are you going to conjure one out of thin air? Beg Raf to come back? Sign someone out of a moosejaw beer league?

Edit: pardon the language, but damn it...

Same article

"I thought Rusty Salei did a nice job for us last year," Holland said. "I told his agent that we're not going to sign him prior to July 1. But maybe the way to go is to try to get ourselves a couple of pros, maybe Rusty is one of them. We're going to explore."

The Wings secured the services of Jonathan Ericsson with a three-year extension Thursday, and he's slated to be the No. 5 guy. They also have Jakub Kindl under contract and are prepared to give Brendan Smith, their 2007 first-round pick, a chance to make the team.

"We've got some young kids that could be as good as some of the players on the market down the road," Holland said. "So that's what we have to debate a little bit, is opportunity vs. direction."

If they're not gonna sign a defensemen and just stick with the kids. They better go all out and get a top 6 forward and boost the offense. Because they're gonna have to score alot of goals to win games if the defense is as lackluster as it was last season.

#393 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:58 AM

Get ready, because we are likely going with Smith and Janik.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#394 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 11:59 AM

Gord Miller LA Kings going all out for Brad Richards. CEO Tim Leiweke, Pres. and GM Dean Lombardi and the coaches going in person to present LA's offer

#395 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

I don't mind going with the kids, but if you are, we have to get better in some other way. Richards NEEDS to be signed IMO. So we can trade Fil and Hudler later for something.

Babchuk still available. Steal him, Kenny!

You know it is bad when someone described as incredibly inconsistent is a steal.

#396 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:02 PM

Get ready, because we are likely going with Smith and Janik.

No need to panic!! :P

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#397 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:03 PM

Blackhawks really hate having cap space, unlike Holland. Not saying that is a good thing though... or a bad thing... just making a statement.

They are signing people left and right.

#398 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

I don't mind going with the kids, but if you are, we have to get better in some other way. Richards NEEDS to be signed IMO. So we can trade Fil and Hudler later for something.

Richards wants a long term deal. It would be sweet if Holland offered him a Hossa deal for one season.

#399 WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

WingsFANstuckintheSOUTH

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Relax people, Holland isnt going to sit on his ass with 10 million to spend. Expect a Dman and top 6 forward before its all over. With 14 forwards already signed you know that means there will be a trade to add that top 6 forward to the roster. Patience please!

#400 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

I'm telling you guys he is gonna sign Jovonovski. I wouldn't mind Kaberle though. Our offense is built around our defensemen with quality slap shots so it would be beneficial to get an offensive defenseman.