Photo
- - - - -

RFA/UFA Signings

• Please log in to reply
1140 replies to this topic

#521 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

So Tomas Flieshmann is out for you then too?
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#522 Heroes of Hockeytown

Heroes of Hockeytown

Big Goal Bob

• Bronze Booster
  • 13,729 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:16 PM

Wow, Columbus getting better, Chicago getting better....Detroit.....overpaying useless defenesmen...

I thought Campbell's contract sucked, but he was a better player than the amalgamation of bottom six forwards and third pairing defensemen they've signed with the open space.
"We've been in the same spot all year long. We won 50 games for the fourth year in a row. People think we're just hum-drum and boring.
No, you know what we are, we're good. You can't do what we do every single day and not be good." - Mike Babcock

#523 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:17 PM

Speaking of oh boy, I am assuming that Holland just got quantum leaped with Sam Becket, and this is the cold open for an episode. He will have to fix everything in order to leap, hoping that his next leap will be the leap home.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#524 Uncle Danny

Uncle Danny

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

I'm still not worried. Holland hasn't moved (that we're aware of) on any of what is a mediocre class of FAs. Good on him, I say (Ericsson signing aside). We "know" that he's trying to unload Huddles, and he's on record as saying he's not after merely "above average" players. To me this smells of him trying to make a big splash by going after a big, big name.
If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC
-- Kurt Vonnegut

#525 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,751 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:22 PM

Well to be positive for once, Nashville and Detroit have both been unusually quiet....

Just sayin...

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#526 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:23 PM

Now the TSN feed I was watching just got turned to the French Hallmark channel. What a s***ty day...

any help on a tsn feed stream?

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#527 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,148 posts

I'm still not worried. Holland hasn't moved (that we're aware of) on any of what is a mediocre class of FAs. Good on him, I say (Ericsson signing aside). We "know" that he's trying to unload Huddles, and he's on record as saying he's not after merely "above average" players. To me this smells of him trying to make a big splash by going after a big, big name.

I want to believe that, but right now the Wings blueline is the same as last year, minus Rafalski and probably Salei. Raf leaves a huge hole, and there aren't really guys left to fill it.

#528 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Scotty Upshall tweets:

"Ecstatic to be joining the Florida Panthers Organization!! Awesome day... Truly a dream come true."

LMAO! his dream was to join thef****** panthers?!!?!
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#529 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,811 posts

Now the TSN feed I was watching just got turned to the French Hallmark channel. What a s***ty day...

nhl.com is streaming tsn coverage
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#530 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

http://http://video....d=616&id=120032

#531 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,104 posts

Can you imagine being a fan of a team like Minnesota or Calgary or Ottawa, where NOTHING is happening and you're just watching your players leave?

Even though I am frustrated as hell right now, I have to say I'm glad at least the team I am a fan of TRIES to win the cup every year. Come on Kenny!!
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#532 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

Speaking of oh boy, I am assuming that Holland just got quantum leaped with Sam Becket, and this is the cold open for an episode. He will have to fix everything in order to leap, hoping that his next leap will be the leap home.

Alas, for I have but one + to give this post. :lol:

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#533 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:25 PM

They're streaming at tsn.ca.

#534 Filps5Captain

Filps5Captain

Draftee

• 11 posts

If you guys think Holland is going to sign someone to a contract well of 7 million a year, then I dont consider any of you real Wings Fans #getagriponreality

#535 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

http://video.nhl.com...vid=DL|COL|home

#536 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

nhl.com is streaming tsn coverage

Thanks.

#537 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Or it's Freaky Friday, Holland switched places with one of his children and the child inside Holland's body is too busy camping and getting 40 kill streaks playing Black Ops right now and has no idea that his father's body is supposed to be signing players today.

#538 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,778 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Bob McKenzie Vrbata signs three year, $9M deal to stay in PHX.

#539 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:27 PM

Feeling a little silly for getting all excited for free agency this year.

ya it was pretty silly to expect something big when ur team has 16mill to spend... i feel the same way bro. looks like holland isn't going to make something happen anytime soon.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#540 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:30 PM

Ahhh, so the 12.8 would not be a cap hit but a way to massage the cap. I'd do that in a second.

Give him 25.6 million over the next two years, then scale it back and give him 2.5 for four more years per year.

Cap hit of six million.

Alas, for I have but one + to give this post. :lol:

Honestly, I am extremely happy you appreciated that. It was worth it to get the theme song stuck in my head for the rest of the day. :)