At least we got the Lions? O, wait.

#582 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:48 PM

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Confirming Carolina has signed goalie Brian Boucher for two years for a total of $1.9M.

I guess we still have McCollum... :siren:

#583 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

DAMN IT!!! why didn't we trade the rights to Meetch to the Jets?!?!? :hehe:
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#584 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,625 posts

Looks like Brian Boucher to Carolina.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#585 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Boucher reportedly signed in Carolina (1.9 million for 2 years)...

Holland, you do realize we need a backup 'tender right? Osgood had better not be our backup so he can play 5 games and be on the IR half the season.

#586 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

Carolina gets Boucher for under a 1m cap hit. :ranting:
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#587 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

At least we got the Lions? O, wait.

No worries, we have the Pisto... s***!

#588 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie
Confirming Carolina has signed goalie Brian Boucher for two years for a total of $1.9M.

I guess we still have McCollum... :siren:

I say we start Larsson and Osgood as the back up and trade Howard to the Avs for THREE firsts and a second. :P

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#589 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:50 PM

No room for forwards now for the Wings with 12 guys signed, plus Emmerton (out of options) and Mursak.

No backup goaltender, no #2 defenceman.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

I know, right I can not believe the league outlawed trades and stopped the Free agency period at 2:45....

Oh what's that you say, the Wings can make trades to free up a forward roster spot or two, they could even sign more players still.

Oh s*** I thought they were screwed for a minute there!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#590 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:51 PM

Im starting to get worried about Holland...should we send a police officer over to his office to see if he is still alive...maybe call his mother....maybe waking up and realizing he is paying ericsson 3.25 million dollars gave him a heart attack

#591 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

I know, right I can not believe the league outlawed trades and stopped the Free agency period at 2:45....

Oh what's that you say, the Wings can make trades to free up a forward roster spot or two, they could even sign more players still.

Have you seen any indication out of the Wings front office that this is at all part of the plan? They've had a ton of time to free up Hudler if they wanted to.

I know I want what you said to be the case, too, but the NHL-calbre defencemen and backup goaltenders are going fast. Boucher would totally have fit in in that backup role, getting 18-25 games behind Howard.

#592 Filps5Captain

Filps5Captain

Draftee

• 11 posts

HOLLANDDDDDDD WHYYYYYYYY!

#593 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

If you're going to wait in a slim UFA market, then you run the risk of losing out on the better players. Simple as that.

As this team stands right now, we are not going past the 1st round.

#594 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Wait... is it true that we can also sign players after today too?

:hehe:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#595 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:54 PM

Budaj to MTL 2 yrs $1.1m first year, $1.2m second year

Edited by Tim.D, 01 July 2011 - 01:55 PM.

#596 Filps5Captain

Filps5Captain

Draftee

• 11 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:55 PM

How hard can it be to trade Hudler to the Panthers..there taking everyone...just offer him up for like a 5-6 rounder

#597 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,325 posts

good... budaj blows

#598 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Budai to Montreal... 2 years at 2.3 million total.

#599 Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

Crashnburnluder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,264 posts

Stamkos to Detroit e4, heard it will be a favor from Yzerman to Holland for all the money we paid him in Detroit...

Haha

#600 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:57 PM

Stamkos to Detroit e4, heard it will be a favor from Yzerman to Holland for all the money we paid him in Detroit...

Haha

I think the world would end, just straight up end.