#621 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:05 PM

Well, thus ends FA 2011... sigh...
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#622 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

WTF Mike Commodore

#623 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Hearing we signed Comrie...

WHY?!?!?!

#624 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

1 year, 1 mil for Commodore. Must have taken all morning to work that one out.
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#625 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:07 PM

Rupp has something we don't have. We have better versions of Eaves already.

What does he have exactly?

Is he going to be on the PK? Blocking shots?

Eaves and Helm were two of the most solid/consistent Wings all of last season.

He played many roles and scored more than any of us with realistic expectations thought.

Oh, but yeah he fights, never mind, trade Datsyuk for him now, before he makes a home in NY!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#626 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

Radek Dvorak to Stars for 1 year

#627 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,062 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:08 PM

For a million, I like it. We still have lots of money, and are trying to trade Hudler. Keep it going Kenny, bring in another d-man.

#NOMOREKINDL

#628 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:09 PM

How much would it take to trade for Green he is practically another rafalski.... Give or take one way or the other. Filppula, Tatar?, picks? (I dont think aboit predicting trades much but i know you have to give to get some im assuming a first round pick) And then sign richards for 2nd line center... Sorry I'm just reaching for straws here. Hoping something happens besides in house signings...

NO NO NO!!!

He is not another Raf, he sucks defensively. The guy is always out of position, doesn't put the effort in on d that he does on o. DO NOT WANT!
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#629 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:10 PM

Obviously commodore is Salei's replacement...still need a top four kenny!

#630 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Yeah because it is a good idea to do all of your deals/moves in the media, that way all of your fans know you are at least doing something. Instead of negotiating on the phone with WPG for Bogosian (it is a potential deal) Holland should do it through LGW or the Freep, that way his fan base knows what he is doing.

Free agency has been going on for 3 hours, very few major trades have happened yet.

I am not saying Holland lands anymore players or makes any moves, what I am saying is; it is 3 hours after all of this started and people on here are tweaking!

What if by the end of the day Holland trades for Bogo, giving Huds, Flip, and Emmerton (or Kindl or Smith) freeing up the room to sign Richards?

Will all of you come back on here and say you overreacted? NO, no one ever does.

July 1st and the trade deadline are the biggest Holland headhunting days of the year on here.

I don't panic often, but this day has made me extremely frustrated. We spent the first half of the day re-signing mediocre fourth liners when there could have been significant improvements made there over the existing (Miller) players (Hudler) we have.

EVERYBODY who has watched a hockey game knows the needs the Wings have. Top end defenceman, improvement on second line and a backup goalie, in that order. Who's left out there?

Posted Image

Do you see the roster as it is making a good run in the playoffs? I sure as hell don't. And if they do lose in the playoffs, will you finally admit Holland missed the boat on making an improvement to a team that's lost in the WC semis for the past two years?

#631 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Erik Cole close to signing with MON, per Darren Dreger.

#632 Johnny Diamonds

Johnny Diamonds

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Commodore adds some toughness to the team defensive minded defenseman. For the price and term, I like it.

#633 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,450 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:11 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTFJocQBLyE

I think this is what happened.

#634 Kerjuxaxaxa

Kerjuxaxaxa

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 90 posts

Deleted

Edited by Kerjuxaxaxa, 01 July 2011 - 02:12 PM.

#635 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,696 posts

For a mil, I guess so. Not sure what to think. Also, if we're looking for another defenseman, does this mean Kindl or Janik go?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#636 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,104 posts

Looking at commodore's stats, why did he only play 20 games last year? Injuries? He's only played 70+ games 3 seasons in the last decade. That's the only thing that worries me. He's obviously Salei's replacement.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

#637 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Also hearing the Wings offered a multi-year $2M+ contract to Ville Lieno.

Edited by Tim.D, 01 July 2011 - 02:13 PM.

#638 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Not great but not the worst signing possible. The other shoe has to drop on a top-end defenceman. The Wings have known they've needed one for a month.

#639 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

1 yr 1 mil for Commodore does not excite me, but it is only one year so no real negative to it, he is better than Salei, imo, so this is an OK deal.

Neither bad nor great move, but helps the D a little, Commodore is a sold vet.

Oh wait here is the negative:

Posted Image

I had this haircut when I was little my mom was a bit of a hippy! What is his excuse:

Posted Image

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#640 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:13 PM

Also hearing the Wings offered a multi-year $2M+ contract to Ville Lieno.

Barf