• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Pasha 13

RFA/UFA Signings

Rate this topic

Seriously, how awesome would it be after a summer of turning almost every thread into a Hudler bashing bonanza, if he put up 60+ points like his potential suggests and he HAS shown capable of before?

I would like to get rid of Hudler, but not for a bag of pucks, and not to replace with Zherdev or even freakin' Alex "Karate Slap" Semin. If we can't get a true, skilled, 100% effort guy in our top 6 then we might as well keep shuffling Hudler in for this last year and see if he's truely useless rather than replacing him with guys who are essentially the same players, even if it means 30 more points. Who would seriously want to see Semin locked up here long term? That's terrifying. As if Franzen and Ericsson refusing to be physical wouldn't be enough for LGW, we then pick up a 155 lbs, Russian slap fighter with a penchant for slacking? No thank you.

Edited by achildr1

Seriously, how awesome would it be after a summer of turning almost every thread into a Hudler bashing bonanza, if he put up 60+ points like his potential suggests and he HAS shown capable of before?

I would like to get rid of Hudler, but not for a bag of pucks, and not to replace with Zherdev or even freakin' Alex "Karate Slap" Semin. If we can't get a true, skilled, 100% effort guy in our top 6 then we might as well keep shuffling Hudler in for this last year and see if he's truely useless rather than replacing him with guys who are essentially the same players, even if it means 30 more points. Who would seriously want to see Semin locked up here long term? That's terrifying. As if Franzen and Ericsson refusing to be physical wouldn't be enough for LGW, we then pick up a 155 lbs, Russian slap fighter with a penchant for slacking? No thank you.

You know us LGWers love to pick on one guy and lay into them and basically blame them for everything thst goes wrong all year, thats nothing new, haha. Im with ya though, if there isnt good value for hudler than just ride him out and maybe he will surpirse us all...we can hope

Alexander Semin come on down! You are the next contestant on the Player is Right for the Red Wings! A 6.7 mil Cap hit with 1 year left on his contract, he can be ours if the Price is Right! I wonder if McPhee has him on the block? He'll likely cut elsewhere to get under the Cap.

Jason Chimera is a sad panda, because he knows he'll be traded again soon.

jason-chimera-25-nhl.jpg

Weber looking for "short-term" contract...

You think that there will be a one year deal in his future?

I agree that you shouldn't get rid of Hudler for nothing, but you are crazy if you don't think Semin is a huge step up from Hudler. He is a true skilled guy. He gives 100% more effort than Hudler too.

You seem to undervalue Semin, because he cannot fight? He is not a tough guy, he is a scorer. He is a guy that can get you 40 goals not a guy who can get you 4 fighting majors.

Edited by Majsheppard

I agree that you shouldn't get rid of Hudler for nothing, but you are crazy if you don't think Semin is a huge step up from Hudler. He is a true skilled guy. He gives 100% more effort than Hudler too.

You seem to undervalue Semin, because he cannot fight? He is not a tough guy, he is a scorer. He is a guy that can get you 40 goals not a guy who can get you 4 fighting majors.

I think his point was more that Hudler shouldn't be shuttled out for nothing in an effort to get Semin as a rental. Which you agreed with. Washington is unlikely to trade Semin for Hudler straight, and if they are trading Semin they will be wanting to drop $2m in cap space to be compliant. So if you put Hudler there, that means only $3.8m more in the deal, maximum. So who is added in? Filppula? Stuart? Ericsson? You're also going to see a pick and possibly a prospect given up. Still want to make the deal? I sure don't. We'd basically be looking at Huds and Flip vs. Semin and Emmerton. Which duo provides more offense? Which provides more defense? Which is better physically? Huds and Flip win on all three counts.

I think his point was more that Hudler shouldn't be shuttled out for nothing in an effort to get Semin as a rental. Which you agreed with. Washington is unlikely to trade Semin for Hudler straight, and if they are trading Semin they will be wanting to drop $2m in cap space to be compliant. So if you put Hudler there, that means only $3.8m more in the deal, maximum. So who is added in? Filppula? Stuart? Ericsson? You're also going to see a pick and possibly a prospect given up. Still want to make the deal? I sure don't. We'd basically be looking at Huds and Flip vs. Semin and Emmerton. Which duo provides more offense? Which provides more defense? Which is better physically? Huds and Flip win on all three counts.

Hudler and the word physically together....:hysterical:

Hudler provides more offense than Semin? You slay me! Thanks for making my day funny!

Hudler and the word physically together....:hysterical:

Hudler provides more offense than Semin? You slay me! Thanks for making my day funny!

And. AND.

Hudler AND Filppula vs. Semin AND Emmerton.

Can you not read when the paragraph has "Hudler" in it? Because that's what it seems like.

It seems like you're so concerned with getting Semin any way you can that you fail to recognize logical arguments.

Eric Fehr trade?

Still surprised it was Fehr and not Chimera. Given their ages and skill, I thought it was a no-brainer to salary-dump Chimera for just a 4th or 5th pick next year. Would have made for a much better team in DC.

Still surprised it was Fehr and not Chimera. Given their ages and skill, I thought it was a no-brainer to salary-dump Chimera for just a 4th or 5th pick next year. Would have made for a much better team in DC.

Chimera would have barely got them under, leaving no room for call-ups. Fehr seems kind of like their version of Hudler; a skilled guy who hadn't been able to grab a top-6 spot. But I don't think they're done though. I imagine they still want to sign Alzner, and I'd guess Poti will either retire or get dumped, so they'll probably save a little there. Maybe they just didn't like Fehr. They didn't get much in return.

And. AND.

Hudler AND Filppula vs. Semin AND Emmerton.

Can you not read when the paragraph has "Hudler" in it? Because that's what it seems like.

It seems like you're so concerned with getting Semin any way you can that you fail to recognize logical arguments.

Well since the post above is the first time EVER I have mentioned Semin, I don't think that I am SO concerned with getting him....BUT I would for sure take Semin and Emmerton over Hudler and Filppula! It would give us a legit top 6 sniper, it would give Helm the 3rd line center position (which should be his anyhow) and give Abdelkader the 4th line center spot, plus give Emmerton and Mursak more playig time with only 13 fwds instead of 14. The loss of Filppula and Hudler's combined salary would nearly wash out Semin's so Holland would still have a ton of money for a deadline acquisition...(if needed)

Of course I'd take a broken Koho for Hudler...

Well since the post above is the first time EVER I have mentioned Semin, I don't think that I am SO concerned with getting him....BUT I would for sure take Semin and Emmerton over Hudler and Filppula! It would give us a legit top 6 sniper, it would give Helm the 3rd line center position (which should be his anyhow) and give Abdelkader the 4th line center spot, plus give Emmerton and Mursak more playig time with only 13 fwds instead of 14. The loss of Filppula and Hudler's combined salary would nearly wash out Semin's so Holland would still have a ton of money for a deadline acquisition...(if needed)

Of course I'd take a broken Koho for Hudler...

Helm already plays 3rd line ice time. You do realize that lines fluctuate throughout the game and season, right?

As for the sniper thing; Semin being on the team instead of Filppula and Hudler would lead to less offense and thinner offense. Do you want to have a team with an offense deep and skilled enough to win the Cup, or a team with a few star players that may not be able to?

We're not talking NBA here. You don't just stack up as many superstars as you can and it automatically works. I thought you knew this stuff, given how much time you dedicate to arguing about things you can't influence. But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I would have traded Hudler for him straight up.

I guess they finally realized Parros wasn't a great fighter.

Read an article earlier on The Hockey Writers that suggested a couple things: Either Anaheim could play two "enforcers" (McGrattan and Parros) on the same line(Like Shawn Thornton did with Parros in 2007), or he could see time in Syracuse(Anaheim's AHL Affiliate), and be used sparingly with the Ducks when Parros in unable to play. I'd love to see Parros and McGrattan on the same line :boxing:

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Helm already plays 3rd line ice time. You do realize that lines fluctuate throughout the game and season, right?

As for the sniper thing; Semin being on the team instead of Filppula and Hudler would lead to less offense and thinner offense. Do you want to have a team with an offense deep and skilled enough to win the Cup, or a team with a few star players that may not be able to?

We're not talking NBA here. You don't just stack up as many superstars as you can and it automatically works. I thought you knew this stuff, given how much time you dedicate to arguing about things you can't influence. But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

Both of you guys are prime to lapses in judgement but this one has went too far.

If Hudler put up 50 points or more and Filppula played like he does they would be worth more than Semin and Emmerton easy. It would be because the team would be deeper, probably produce the same points, but Fil's all around play would be the tie breaker. That said, the Semin/p*ssy thing was uncalled for. Both of Semin and Hudler play like a Sunday morning knitting group drinking chamomile tea anyway.

But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I see what you did there. :sly:

Semin would be an awesome one year rental... What would it take to get him here? Hudler plus......???????

I wouldn't give them more than two picks plus Hudler for Semin.

First and second plus Hudler would be steep but worth it...

Giving two players off the roster would be foolish because it wouldn't make their cap any better and it wouldn't make us clearly better.

I would think that the only way it happens if it is Hudler and picks... and the odds of that happening are low...

Edited by Majsheppard

But just so I can get this straight, you think Hudler is a *****, right? And you want to replace him with Semin? Can I get you to confirm for me that you'd rather have Semin than a *****?

I don't disagree that they are but huge pussys, but at least Semin's ***** squirts and I can enjoy it more! :blink:

Hudler is just a useless dried up ***** that not only doesn't hit or battle for the puck, but cannot score for crap. So they are both pussys, but Semin at least scores...and unlike Hudler, if you put Semin on Datsyuk's line, he will flourish...

I don't disagree that they are but huge pussys, but at least Semin's ***** squirts and I can enjoy it more! :blink:

Hudler is just a useless dried up ***** that not only doesn't hit or battle for the puck, but cannot score for crap. So they are both pussys, but Semin at least scores...and unlike Hudler, if you put Semin on Datsyuk's line, he will flourish...

Creepy ass response, but I completely agree with the player comparison.

I'd bring on Semin for a 1 year (tryout).