• Please log in to reply
1140 replies to this topic

#761 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:00 PM

So what about this for a game, which Former Wing gets bought out first? Leino or Fleisch.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#762 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

Nah we would have resigned him for 4+

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#763 matt198913

matt198913

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,972 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:02 PM

I'll go with Leino
BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#764 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,498 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:04 PM

Currrrap! I just caught the tail-end of a conversation on NHL network about Detroit and Buffalo and how good their head offices/officers are. Then they raved about Buffalo's moves. Did I miss anything?? Thanks!

The TSN panel was discussing how the Sabres are taking the Red Wings approach; make the players happy, keep a strong sense of loyalty throughout the organisation, and future UFAs will want to play there because word of mouth gets around.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#765 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,098 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:06 PM

How's that working out for the Wings today?
I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#766 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

DarrenDreger Darren Dreger
Flames are making presentation to Richards now. Fascinating day.

Posted Image

#767 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,870 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:07 PM

Wait and see folks.... I'd be surprised, absolutely dumb-founded if Holland isn't working out some sort of trade to improve the D.... We are still going to sign Conklin, Turco, Giguere, or someone other than Ozzie.

#768 Finnish Wing

Finnish Wing

13th Forward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:10 PM

So what about this for a game, which Former Wing gets bought out first? Leino or Fleisch.

Neither. If Fleischmann would've gone into a better organization with that money it could be possible that the contract might have been bought out because of an injury. Fleischmann has had issues with them lately.

4,5M seems to be the new market value for that kind of players as Laich, Leino, Fleischmann and Cole all got that money. Cap is going up in the future as well. Of course big part of it was the poor UFA market this year too.
Detroit Red Wings & Tampereen Ilves forever!

#769 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,590 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:38 PM

Alex Auld to the Senators. Again. Look up "journeyman" in the dictionary and you see his photo. Beginning in 2005-06:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image
  • Nev likes this

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#770 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

This Free Agency Spending is beyond madness. This is why there should be a percentage cap for the amount the cap can go up or down in a year. The reason for this is that I am afraid we may be heading in the same direction the NHL was before the lockout in 2004-05. We will see more teams lose money most likely (Florida tops my list) and then more threats of teams moving. It is just an ugly cycle. I know some of you don't share my view but I am a Finance Major so I have a different view on this kind of stuff. I want hockey to succeed but I am concerned with this wreckless spending.

#771 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:44 PM

Kaberle and Gagne are still available. Any takers?

#772 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:49 PM

Just a reasonable question for those who've already hit the panic button:

Which contract given out today would you have liked to see Holland match, or improve upon to get said player to Detroit?

#773 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:54 PM

Which contract given out today would you have liked to see Holland match, or improve upon to get said player to Detroit?

I would have sent an RFA sheet to Doughty AND get on the phone to start trade talks with Winnipeg for Bogosian.

#774 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:55 PM

Sheldon Souray at 1.65 is a good deal. Most people don't like him but he has a cannon.

#775 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Kaberle and Gagne are still available. Any takers?

Right about now, yes on gagne....oh how I wish the hudler\ericsson to atl....er, wpg rumors would start back up!

Blah,Blah,Blah....Trade Pav...Blah, Blah...Trade Z...Yadda, Yadda, Blah...

#776 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Wouldn't it figure that they start to talk about the Wings on NHL Live and my feed drops out, did anyone catch what he said about the Wings being irrelevant?
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#777 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:59 PM

I would have sent an RFA sheet to Doughty AND get on the phone to start trade talks with Winnipeg for Bogosian.

Today isn't the deadline for offer sheets and no one has no way of knowing what trade talks Holland is having.

How about today's contracts? That was what I was interested in.

Is there anyone out there who thinks Holland should have given Wiz $6 million over 5-years? That type of thing.

#778 ElCapitan

ElCapitan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Sheldon Souray at 1.65 is a good deal. Most people don't like him but he has a cannon.

Unfortunately, that's all he has. Everything else is a liability.

#779 stillwater

stillwater

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:00 PM

Wouldn't it figure that they start to talk about the Wings on NHL Live and my feed drops out, did anyone catch what he said about the Wings being irrelevant?

The basic gist was ... the best player available is still out there in Richards. If the Wings end up with him, they've done better than anyone else.

#780 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 05:03 PM

Today isn't the deadline for offer sheets and no one has no way of knowing what trade talks Holland is having.

How about today's contracts? That was what I was interested in.

Is there anyone out there who thinks Holland should have given Wiz $6 million over 5-years? That type of thing.

No I wouldn't have personally. For some reason I thought the offer sheet deadline was today...