• Please log in to reply
1140 replies to this topic

#881 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

I'd love to see Kaberle in a wings jerseys.
Great Passer.

True, but other than passing the guy's invisible and soft as marshmallow fluff.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#882 wingfan1991

wingfan1991

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:29 AM

how the f*** did the caps get that deal on Vokoun!?? and how they got the 1st AND 2nd round for Varlamov?? George McPhee IMPRESSIVE!

#883 ChelisChick

ChelisChick

Cheli's Personal Masseur

• Gold Booster
  • 3,364 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:24 AM

Predators insider Joshua Cooper twittering that Lombardi and Franson to Leafs for Lebda and Robert Slaney.

Preds will never see the playoffs again.

#884 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 01:42 PM

in the playoffs? Then why'd he join the Caps? :P

I think just making the second round is equal to Stanley Cup for Vokoun. He's played only five playoff games during his NHL career.

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |

#885 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Konopka still available. Big Mac still available.

Just an update.

#886 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

Konopka still available. Big Mac still available.

Just an update.

I'd rather see a younger guy signed as a depth forward to kill penalties and take draws, opposed to an older guy like Drury. Konopka is up there on my list, although its unlikely to happen.

Jake Dowell signed with Dallas today. There are still many gritty guys available:

Zenon Konopka (As mentioned)
Eric Boulton (Still expecting him to re-sign with Winnipeg)
Kyle Chipchura
Brian Sutherby
Brad Winchester
Eric Godard
Brian McGrattan
David Koci
Cam Janssen
Steve MacIntyre
Jarkko Ruutu
Ethan Moreau
Scott Nichol
Troy Bodie
Adam Mair
Zack Stortini (Huggy Bear)
Aaron Voros
Chris Clark
J-F Jacques
Brandon Segal
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#887 Hockey Convert

Hockey Convert

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:53 PM

I'd rather see a younger guy signed as a depth forward to kill penalties and take draws, opposed to an older guy like Drury. Konopka is up there on my list, although its unlikely to happen.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. I don't like that we're filled up with forwards already. I'd like to see Mursak get a full-time shot, and still think it would be to the betterment of the team to ditch Hudler (actually, I would probably have let Miller walk too) and get one of the guys on your list.

As to the list itself: Am I recalling correctly that Winnipeg just signed Hordichuk? Do you think they'll keep Boulton also? I don't see Holland going for many of these guys, but I guess you never know. I'd like a McGrattan, Godard or maybe Koci, but those I see happening the least. I've never thought much of Ruutu, but I could more see the front office going for that. I'd forgotten about Winchester, but that would be more than OK in my book!

#888 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

A guy no ones talking about is Ray Emery. For the right price, he's the best goalie on the market and would give us the toughest goaltending tandem in the NHL :thumbup:

Seriously though, he played really well with Anaheim last year and has grown up alot since his days in Ottawa.

#NOMOREKINDL

#889 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,619 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:35 PM

Alex Auld to the Senators. Again. Look up "journeyman" in the dictionary and you see his photo. Beginning in 2005-06:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

And now, right back to here.

Posted Image

He's slowly becoming the Mike Sillinger of goaltenders.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#890 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:08 PM

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same. I don't like that we're filled up with forwards already. I'd like to see Mursak get a full-time shot, and still think it would be to the betterment of the team to ditch Hudler (actually, I would probably have let Miller walk too) and get one of the guys on your list.

As to the list itself: Am I recalling correctly that Winnipeg just signed Hordichuk? Do you think they'll keep Boulton also? I don't see Holland going for many of these guys, but I guess you never know. I'd like a McGrattan, Godard or maybe Koci, but those I see happening the least. I've never thought much of Ruutu, but I could more see the front office going for that. I'd forgotten about Winchester, but that would be more than OK in my book!

I believe Hudler will be moved eventually. I don't mind Miller, as he is a key part of our penalty kill. Darcy Hordichuk signed with Edmonton. Rick Rypien signed with Winnipeg yesterday. Holland usually gets a scrapper right before the pre-season and gives them a shot, although they tend to get released or go to the minors. Brian McGrattan has really improved his game over the last year. He played for the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL last year and his skating has significantly improved. I met him at the end of the AHL regular season, and he said he expects to have a spot on an NHL roster come next year. Hopefully all the scrappers find somewhere to play :thumbup:
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#891 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

This is how I watch Wings games

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:13 PM

Alex Auld to the Senators. Again. Look up "journeyman" in the dictionary and you see his photo. Beginning in 2005-06:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted ImagePosted Image Posted Image

http://www.hark.com/...jvhhn-alex-auld

#892 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

According to RDS.ca Jordan Pearce has signed a 2-yr 2-way contract with Detroit.

#893 mjlegend

mjlegend

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

According to RDS.ca Jordan Pearce has signed a 2-yr 2-way contract with Detroit.

Thank God we got our third/fourth stringer RFA locked up until 2013.

There are bigger fish to fry in the goaltending department.

#894 Red Wings Addict

Red Wings Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,749 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:46 AM

Thank God we got our third/fourth stringer RFA locked up until 2013.

There are bigger fish to fry in the goaltending department.

:lol:

#895 MGreenberg

MGreenberg

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:54 PM

Been busy moving back to Michigan so I didn't see this until I was watching Sportscenter today, guess that Jagr to Flyers joke twitter thread became true. Pretty funny that he really did sign to the Flyers.

Edit: Went over to LGP.com and it is hilarious. Earlier thread talking about how they love Jagr and want him back then the next later thread is about how he is euro trash and didn't want him. Funny stuff.

Edited by MGreenberg, 04 July 2011 - 01:08 PM.

#896 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

i dont know if anyone has already mentioned this in the 45 previous pages!!!!!

but.....

NYR has some type 2 RFA's that I know i would like to see not get re-signed but its probably highly unlikely that they dont. Ryan Callahan and Brandon Dubinkski would be AWESOME in our top 6. HIGHLY UNLIKELY, but they are both still not signed after the signing of Brad Richards. Pretty sure NYR needs to sign about 4 players other then DUBI and Callahan.

fingers crossed that they sign 1 of the 2 to a NYR contract (like gomez or drury) and are unable to retain both.... NO SHAME IN WISHING

#897 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 02:39 PM

Calgary re-signs Babchuk, 2 years, $5M.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#898 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

Calgary re-signs Babchuk, 2 years, $5M.

That's good for them. He's a good player and I wouldn't have minded him here, but I like what White brings to the table for this squad and believe he'll fit more into our system and bring some much needed grit to the defensive core, along with Commodore. For about the same cap hit, I like the direction we chose.

Next season will be nice too, with Smith coming up.

White - Krownall
Smith - Stuart
Ericsson - ?

We could essentially sign Suter or pick up another big name d-man next year. Doughty, Yandle, Weber all have the opportunity to sign only 1 year pacts, so there may be some nice options.

#899 Buppy

Buppy

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:51 PM

That's good for them. He's a good player and I wouldn't have minded him here, but I like what White brings to the table for this squad and believe he'll fit more into our system and bring some much needed grit to the defensive core, along with Commodore. For about the same cap hit, I like the direction we chose.

Next season will be nice too, with Smith coming up.

White - Krownall
Smith - Stuart
Ericsson - ?

We could essentially sign Suter or pick up another big name d-man next year. Doughty, Yandle, Weber all have the opportunity to sign only 1 year pacts, so there may be some nice options.

Neither Doughty nor Yandle would be a UFA even if they did sign a one year deal this year. Next year will probably be a little better than this year, especially if Burns and Suter are available (and Weber of course). But it could also be just as bad or worse.

We missed out on all the better defensemen this year, which isn't so terrible this year since Nick came back. But it makes it even more crucial to land someone really good next year if Nick retires, and do so while also re-signing Kronwall and Stuart (or similar replacements). I don't think we can afford to depend on next year's FA class. I think we'll have to make a trade now. Fortunately, we should have the cap space at the deadline for the teams trying to dump salary. Not sure who might be available though. Bouwmeester maybe...

#900 P. Marlowe

P. Marlowe

4th Line Heel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:07 PM

Three significant Red Wings trades since Shanahan in 1996 -

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

"Finger-pointing is easy. In some cases, even therapeutic. Fans need to blame something,

because the outcome is so frustratingly out of their control."
-- Mitch Albom

| Terry Sawchuk & Johnny Bower | | Extra Protection | | "Luckies never cut my wind." | | Straight to the Goal | | Dodging Traffic |
| Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule | | Mikael Samuelsson Forever | | Mike Grier? |