• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

The 4th Period's Top 30 Free Agents

Rate this topic

I certainly hope Jovanovski does not end up in a Red Wings sweater. I don't know how much value I take in the 'interested teams' listings in these situations, anyhow. Obviously, the Wings need to pick up defensemen, but I have a hard time believing that they aren't interested in any of these forwards.

Leino to Chicago is an interesting thought.

We are going after a bunch of the top guys... don't be surprised if we make a run at the top 2 forwards

Yeah, if we're talking Top 6 - I think Brooks Laich receives major attention from us.

I'd be fine with Jovo for 2mil or less. From Windsor, looking for a Cup, and maybe Bert is selling him on the career rejuvenation thing.

I've gotta believe we're gonna be in on Laich, Bieksa, Ryder, Ward, etc. and I seriously HOPE we're not interesting in Kaberle.

I'd be fine with Jovo for 2mil or less. From Windsor, looking for a Cup, and maybe Bert is selling him on the career rejuvenation thing.

I've gotta believe we're gonna be in on Laich, Bieksa, Ryder, Ward, etc. and I seriously HOPE we're not interesting in Kaberle.

Jovonavski would be a nice upgrade for Salei, but I hope Holland does not expect him to fill a larger role.

Thanks for the link. Very interesting to see the "teams of interest".

I'm on the Jovo-for-cheaper wagon. Wiz would be my first choice, and I really wouldn't argue with Kaberle if he came for a reasonable price. I think he would be ok in the smaller role that he would have with the Wings.

July 1 and following will be interesting.

Jovonavski would be a nice upgrade for Salei, but I hope Holland does not expect him to fill a larger role.

True, although I would like to see us get younger, if possible. I wouldn't be upset if we got him, because he's still got some offensive touch and plays hard defensively. Wisniewski and Bieksa seem like the only guys capable of taking on Rafalski's role (I believe Erhoff will stay in Vancouver) Pitkanen would be interesting, but i'm not sure we have a ton of interest there. Has Ken mentioned him? Ian White wouldn't be a terrible acquisition for Salei's spot. I don't feel Kaberle is defensively responsible enough to be an effective part of the defense, although he has some offensive touch.

Agreed. At this point I would rather see Ian White over Jovo and Kaberle.

We do not want another old defensemen jovo is no go especial at 6.5mil

Wiz

White

Big Rig if you must

Lids- Wiz

Kron-Stu

White- E

Sounds solid to me

It seems entirely plausible to me. You wouldn't have to break the bank on either and could go either way on E (depending on price) and still sign that Top 6 forward every one wants.

Let's say Ericsson walks and Kindl is his replacement. My question becomes - despite his inherent greatness - do we pair Lidstrom with Kindl for developmental purposes and use them as our 2nd pairing?

If we sign Jovo I assume Helm will need to watch his back in the showers..

56271541363d6d8c4df4.jpg

But more seriously.. I wouldn't be opposed to Jovo as E's replacement as a 5th/6th D.. as long no one expects him to be Rafs replacement.. I can't really picture a Lids/Jovo pairing..

Ian White would be an upgrade over Rafalski. Can shoot, can backcheck.

Wiz would be excellent given this team's lack of playoff wreckers since 2008 (McCarty, Drake), and WE NEED A WRECKER.

Ericsson.....I'd sign him for 1-2 years and if he hasn't figured out his s***, send him packing.

Jovo would be a One More Year situation, same as Modano last year and Drake in 08.

Ehrhoff, yea he's blossomed in VAN, but that's after going from stuck on the depth chart in SJ underneath their 24 carat d-corps from 2 years ago, to being the last guy standing uninjured in Vancouver most of the year. You can't deny that. I think he's a slightly above average talent whom someone will overpay for this year.

Ian White would be an upgrade over Rafalski. Can shoot, can backcheck.

Wiz would be excellent given this team's lack of playoff wreckers since 2008 (McCarty, Drake), and WE NEED A WRECKER.

Ericsson.....I'd sign him for 1-2 years and if he hasn't figured out his s***, send him packing.

Jovo would be a One More Year situation, same as Modano last year and Drake in 08.

Ehrhoff, yea he's blossomed in VAN, but that's after going from stuck on the depth chart in SJ underneath their 24 carat d-corps from 2 years ago, to being the last guy standing uninjured in Vancouver most of the year. You can't deny that. I think he's a slightly above average talent whom someone will overpay for this year.

This list doesn't mean anything until the teams actually start talking to the players. It is speculation, because if any GM says they want to target a guy it is tampering.

You can't target people still under contract elsewhere.

People like Ed and Wiz are said to be Wings targets because they make some sense. That doesn't mean we won't go after Richards or Laich or anyone else on the list.

In fact, this list did not have the Wings on the Hossa list back when we signed him, until right before we signed him.

I also promise you that the Wings have more interest in Bieksa than Ehrhoff.

Edited by Majsheppard

The Fourth Period is actually quite reliable..

oooooo... ! since when?

the list of potential suitors is guesstimation here. it seems logic, but it's nothing more than player

X will likely be sought after by team Y1, Y2, Y3, ... period.

as for Wings choices... absolutely no go to Kaberle IMHO. if the fact that he was unwanted by the Maple Laughs

is not enough, then add his miserable playoffs with otherwise stellar Bruins team. honestly, you don't want money

spent on someone like this...

gimme Wisniewski, Bieksa and Talbot of this list.

Edited by akustyk

I'd be fine with Jovo for the right price and term. Sign him to a 1 year and see how he does, if he plays well bring him back next year. Jovo at 2mil> Big Rig at 2 mil

I'd be fine with Jovo for the right price and term. Sign him to a 1 year and see how he does, if he plays well bring him back next year. Jovo at 2mil> Big Rig at 2 mil

Agreed. Jovo isn't my first choice, but adding him and Wisniewski could solidify our D

Lids - Kronwall

Stuart - Wiz

Smith/Kindl - Jovo