• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TNBT

Jersey question

Rate this topic

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I have been around. I'm hoping to get my first legit hockey jersey soon, and my favorite all-time player is Sergei Fedorov. The easiest way I can come up with to get a Fedorov Wings jersey is to go to the online store on the Wings site and customize one with his name and #91 on it. That brings me to my question:

I know there have been a couple of little changes to the jersey since Fedorov was on the team, such as the C or A being on the other side of the front of the jersey. What I need to know is have there been any real important changes to the jersey from when Fedorov was here to now? Basically, if I customize a current style jersey with Fedorov's name and number, will it look the same as if I had got the jersey back in the 90's when he was here? Or has the jersey changed that much that it would be stand out as being a current jersey rather than being the same as the one the team wore back in the 90's?

Thanks for your help. If I can't work out a way to get a Fedorov jersey, then I may end up with a Jonathan Toews jersey, with the Blackhawks being another favorite team of mine.

Hey guys, it's been a long time since I have been around. I'm hoping to get my first legit hockey jersey soon, and my favorite all-time player is Sergei Fedorov. The easiest way I can come up with to get a Fedorov Wings jersey is to go to the online store on the Wings site and customize one with his name and #91 on it. That brings me to my question:

I know there have been a couple of little changes to the jersey since Fedorov was on the team, such as the C or A being on the other side of the front of the jersey. What I need to know is have there been any real important changes to the jersey from when Fedorov was here to now? Basically, if I customize a current style jersey with Fedorov's name and number, will it look the same as if I had got the jersey back in the 90's when he was here? Or has the jersey changed that much that it would be stand out as being a current jersey rather than being the same as the one the team wore back in the 90's?

Thanks for your help. If I can't work out a way to get a Fedorov jersey, then I may end up with a Jonathan Toews jersey, with the Blackhawks being another favorite team of mine.

I cannot imagine, aside from the fit of the jersey, it standing out to a point where people are going to notice or really care for that matter. Like you said, the only real noticeable difference would be if there was a C or A on the jersey and it would be on the opposite side.

Long and the short of it - putting a player on a new jersey that they never wore = Jersey Foul

Unless you can find an old CCM or Reebok jersey from when he was still a Wing, don't do it.

You're better off tracking down a pre-existing one. I've heard horror stores about NHL.com, and you can generally get an old one cheaper than what NHL.com would charge you.

Here is a Nike authentic on eBay for less than NHL.com's prices:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sergei-Fedorov-Detroit-Red-Wings-Nike-Authentic-Jersey-/270771666802?pt=U_Hockey_Fan_Shop&hash=item3f0b3fbf72

Along with a whole host of others:

http://sports-cards.shop.ebay.com/Fan-Apparel-Souvenirs-/24409/i.html?_nkw=fedorov+jersey&_catref=1&_dmpt=US_Hockey_Trading_Cards&_fln=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

Or, you could find a blank CCM, Nike, et cetera and have his name and number added by SportsK

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm interested to hear what some of these "horror stories" about NHL.com are. I've been thinking of getting some stuff from their online store for a while now, so it would be good to know what some of the problems with them are.

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm interested to hear what some of these "horror stories" about NHL.com are. I've been thinking of getting some stuff from their online store for a while now, so it would be good to know what some of the problems with them are.

I've ordered a shirt and a hat from their and was fine. I've heard that the custom lettering is really shoddy, sometimes printed on, and I believe I heard of someone receiving a jersey that read, 'Kronvall'.

Thanks for the link to this sportsk.com site. They seem to have a lot of stuff. Can anyone tell me how good their products are? If they're good quality, then I might just get myself a Reebok jersey customized if I can't find and old one.

I know a lot of people try to stay away from eBay and me being a huge Fedorov fan my self I had to voice my opinion. If you are patient and search right you might be able to find a blank authentic or a Fedorov authentic Nike jersey. The reason I say Nike is because those were the jerseys during the 1997, 1998 cup years. I have a shanahan Nike jersey that has the 1998 Stanley cup patch and the vksm believe patch on the shoulder. I got the jersey from eBay for 70 dollars and added the patches my self. The hardest thing is finding the right size but I don't think I have ever found a fake Nike jersey cause all the fakes are Reebok.

The Nike jersey is the old heavy weight jersey so it is personal preference of my. if you prefer the heavy old jerseys or the new style. I personally love the heavy older jerseys and I'm not a fan of the current reeboks.

Also... Just saw your post asking about sportsk.com. Everyone here is a really really big fan of sportsk and it's highly recommended around here. They do Red Wings jerseys the right way.

Crash

Edited by Crashnburnluder

Thanks for the link to this sportsk.com site. They seem to have a lot of stuff. Can anyone tell me how good their products are? If they're good quality, then I might just get myself a Reebok jersey customized if I can't find and old one.

Yeah, SportsK is great. Michigan-based and they do the job right. I had them letter a new Reebok that I have and it turned out excellently.

I know a lot of people try to stay away from eBay and me being a huge Fedorov fan my self I had to voice my opinion. If you are patient and search right you might be able to find a blank authentic or a Fedorov authentic Nike jersey. The reason I say Nike is because those were the jerseys during the 1997, 1998 cup years. I have a shanahan Nike jersey that has the 1998 Stanley cup patch and the vksm believe patch on the shoulder. I got the jersey from eBay for 70 dollars and added the patches my self. The hardest thing is finding the right size but I don't think I have ever found a fake Nike jersey cause all the fakes are Reebok.

The Nike jersey is the old heavy weight jersey so it is personal preference of my. if you prefer the heavy old jerseys or the new style. I personally love the heavy older jerseys and I'm not a fan of the current reeboks.

Also... Just saw your post asking about sportsk.com. Everyone here is a really really big fan of sportsk and it's highly recommended around here. They do Red Wings jerseys the right way.

Crash

I'd have to disagree, I've seen fake Nike Red Wings jerseys on ebay. They were more prevalent before the Reebok jerseys came out, but they still do pop up occassionally. I've been around the block in terms of collecting jerseys, so if anyone has a question regarding jersey authenticity, just send me a PM with a link to the auction. The fight strap is usually a big give away, the fakes look awful. Its also very difficult for them to fake the arched lettering.

If you're buying a replica no worries, I don't thinkt hey fake replicas.

If you're going to buy a Reebok Edge, I'd wait a little bit. The current Edge jerseys they sell at retail are the 1.0 with Reeboks new material. This stuff is so crappy that it will get ruined with pulls and snags the first time you wear it out somewhere. The Wings currently play with the Edge 2.0's, which use good old fashioned air-knit. I've heard rumors that Reebok are going to start phasing out the 1.0's and swich to 2.0 for retail.

Sportsk is an awesome company, I've met the owner a couple of times and he's really cool and very customer oriented.

My girlfriend bought me a replica Zetterberg jersey from NHL.com two Christmases ago and ordered it with the "A". When it came (which was also after they f***ed up the order the first time, canceled it, and then never notified her, so she had to order it twice), it came without the "A" and the letters and numbers were falling off the back because they weren't stitched on. The letters were also on a nameplate, which I didn't want.

I ended up getting one from Hockeytown Authentics instead, but I think my next one will be from SportsK.