• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Panthers Acquire Tomas Kopecky's Rights

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Does this mean Hossa will be a Panther soon? Ace and Gary must stay together! What's everyone looking at? :ph34r:

Guest Hatethedrake!

Did I miss the announcement about the Panthers becoming the AHL farm team of the Blackhawks?

The Jets and Panthers have more Hawks than Chicago does.

Geez...so what's Tallon's next move?

Maybe send some pick for Crystalball Huet :rolleyes:

:scared:

He just may do that.

He's going to need a goaltender as Vokoun won't be back.

Also, he could use Huet's salary to get to the floor.

edit: spelling.

Edited by e_prime

:scared:

He just may do that.

He's going to need a goaltender as Volkun won't be back.

Also, he could use Huet's salary to get to the floor.

Exactly.I had a good feeling about Tallon's gonna trade for Campbell to get closer to the floor and wouldn't be surprised if he helps his former team once again :ranting:

Exactly.I had a good feeling about Tallon's gonna trade for Campbell to get closer to the floor and wouldn't be surprised if he helps his former team once again :ranting:

I guess you can look at it that way, but Tallon was the guy who signed Campbell in the first place... so he knows what he's getting and it's a pretty significant move for a team that hopes to move in a different direction.

Even if they do pick up Huet, they're still not paying him as much as they were paying Vokoun. Although, Vokoun is a superior goaltender for the money.

So are the Panthers Cup contenders now with this move?

I personally think they're still one sniper away from being a big favorite in the East, now that they acquired one of the best power forwards in the game.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Seriously, it's as if the Hawks hired Tallon to be hired by the Panthers (as if they had any credibility as a franchise to begin with) so they could unload all of their crap contracts and overrated players.

f*** you, Tallon.

Kopecky's set to be a UFA on July 1st. They just traded for him to negotiate early.

I'm interested to see if Pecker can maintain at least 2/3 of his offensive numbers in Florida, or if 1/2 or more of them were a product of playing with higher talent on the Hawks. Very much a complementary sort of player, so we'll see.

It's amazing that with all the sports teams that have relocated in the last 10 years, this one remains in the same place.

Agreed... I wish I could find the TV ratings by city, but it was some abysmal number, lower than cable access in Fla, and they basically give their tickets away... how that franchise has stayed there is beyond me...

It's amazing that with all the sports teams that have relocated in the last 10 years, this one remains in the same place.

Somehow, they blow epic (record setting!) amounts of goat and still manage to stay out of the bottom 5 of attendance year after year. Helps to have a lot of ex-Canadians, northeasterns, and midwesterners living in the area, I guess.