• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Panthers Acquire Tomas Kopecky's Rights

Rate this topic

Seriously, it's as if the Hawks hired Tallon to be hired by the Panthers (as if they had any credibility as a franchise to begin with) so they could unload all of their crap contracts and overrated players.

f*** you, Tallon.

A fortuitous thing for the Hawks to be sure, but also something that I think we're liable to see more of as long as the cap continues to rise. Teams trying to be competitive will be able to get out from underneath their blunders by moving their albatross contracts to terrible teams just wanting to make the cap floor.

A fortuitous thing for the Hawks to be sure, but also something that I think we're liable to see more of as long as the cap continues to rise. Teams trying to be competitive will be able to get out from underneath their blunders by moving their albatross contracts to terrible teams just wanting to make the cap floor.

It infuriates me that several teams seem to not care about winning, but just barely meeting the cap floor so they can leech off everyone else. Infuriates me. Islanders, I'm looking at you, too.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Agreed... I wish I could find the TV ratings by city, but it was some abysmal number, lower than cable access in Fla, and they basically give their tickets away... how that franchise has stayed there is beyond me...

tax write off?

Kopecky's numbers last year would have placed him fourth in goals, second in assists, and second in points on the Panthers. Tallon is likely interested in taking advantage of his size and skills to provide a strong presence up front, given that Florida didn't really have that last year.

blackhawks just made a lot of cap space with kopesky and campbell, might be making space for richards hmmmm

They certainly have the cap space for it; although it would affect their chances at replacing Campbell. Gives them a pretty solid top-nine with Sharp/Toews/Kane, Frolik/Richards/Hossa, Bickell/Bolland/Olesz. I figure if they sign Richards, and they're lucky and get him for around $7m, they can get a guy like Greene to take Campbell's spot. If he costs more than that, they have to either go cheap and pray or trade someone they weren't planning on trading.

Oh, that photo of Koko and Hossa and the Cup is so cute!!!

Maybe this was all Hossa's idea so he wouldn't have to live with the knowledge that Koko has more cups than he has.

Seriously, I loved Koko here when he wasn't injured. He got some bad breaks (and tears and pulls and strains) here. I wish him well where ever he ends up.

blackhawks just made a lot of cap space with kopesky and campbell, might be making space for richards hmmmm

Yeah, I'm a little pissed that their old GM is taking all these bad contracts off their hands. I was watching NHL Network last night and they were interviewing Tallon and he was saying how great Campbell was and how he'll help the younger defensemen and lure in other free agents. Whatever. Since when did Brian Campbell become Bobby Orr? A defenseman that the Blackhawks couldn't get rid of fast enough will lure in other free agents? He's going to help Florida reach the cap floor and at the same time get Tallon back in the Blackhawks good graces. Is he going to trade for Cristobal Huet next? When Hossa gets too old and starts to be ineffective, will he take on that contract too?

Tallon is a clown.Ok he likes Campbell,but they need to handle his $7.1M for 5 next season.He could easily pull a trade with prospect and picks involved and get them better and cheaper D-man.I mean who wouldn't take Florida's 1st in the 2012? :ph34r:

Yeah Kopecky's value is like Bryzgalov's,lol.You have money so sign him,overpay him,why ffs to send another pick as a bonus to Chicago :rolleyes:

But it they sign Richards, it would mean they could trade Kane... maybe Buffalo would bite on a deal involving Myers?

and THEN send him to San Jose for Joe Thornton, who in turn would be shipped to Winnipeg for Zach Bogosian and a pic, who would in turn be sent to Phoenix for Keith Yandle and Shane Doan, who would then be shipped to the NYI for John Tavares and a pic, which would THEN be shipped to Washington for Backstrom and a pic, which would then be shipped to Calgary for Jerome Iginla AND Jay Boumesster (remember, this is Calgary here, they don't know how to trade), then these two would be shipped out to Tampa Bay for Steven Stamkos!!!

I'm not sure how this all shakes out, but in the end, the butler did it.

Edited by stevkrause

Tallon is a clown.Ok he likes Campbell,but they need to handle his $7.1M for 5 next season.He could easily pull a trade with prospect and picks involved and get them better and cheaper D-man.I mean who wouldn't take Florida's 1st in the 2012? :ph34r:

Yeah Kopecky's value is like Bryzgalov's,lol.You have money so sign him,overpay him,why ffs to send another pick as a bonus to Chicago :rolleyes:

High price isn't an issue, aren't they trying to get closer to the cap anyways?

The funny thing is as much as everyone here likes to rip him he actually had a good year last season. Put can claim his numbers are inflated and that very well may be true. But the fact is in all the Hawks games I saw he was an effective player. Provided the money isn't outrageous he can be a useful player.

Although seeing what Florida is doing they probably just gave him a 4 year, $16M deal or something absurd.

High price isn't an issue, aren't they trying to get closer to the cap anyways?

I know,but there are a plenty UFA's he can overpay,but NO,he pulled a trade before the free agency to help his beloved Chicago like the rest of the league are battling for Campbell's services :ranting:

Edited by pucktividi