• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Detroit # 1 Fan

Panthers Acquire Tomas Kopecky's Rights

Rate this topic

The funny thing is as much as everyone here likes to rip him he actually had a good year last season. Put can claim his numbers are inflated and that very well may be true. But the fact is in all the Hawks games I saw he was an effective player. Provided the money isn't outrageous he can be a useful player.

Although seeing what Florida is doing they probably just gave him a 4 year, $16M deal or something absurd.

I like to rip on Kopecky because he looks like Skelatore and, at times, looks like a newborn giraffe on skates with his balance issues, but all kidding aside, he is a serviceable 3rd/4th liner, he's just not a top player as he was given the time/job in Chicago and honestly, his numbers should have been even better given who he played with...

As a side note, where've you been, haven't seen you on the board in awhile?

I like to rip on Kopecky because he looks like Skelatore and, at times, looks like a newborn giraffe on skates with his balance issues, but all kidding aside, he is a serviceable 3rd/4th liner, he's just not a top player as he was given the time/job in Chicago and honestly, his numbers should have been even better given who he played with...

As a side note, where've you been, haven't seen you on the board in awhile?

A lot of the time people like to say that various 3rd/4th liners could put up huge points playing with top tier players but it just doesnt happen. I think he did pretty well for where he was last year but maybe you're right, he could have produced more. Ultimately, I think he's better than people here give him credit for being.

I had taken a job assignment that had me working in the field a lot so I wasn't in the office as much as before. The times I was in the office I was slammed with work so I had no time to mess around. I just started a new assignment now that's entirely office work so I should be around a lot more.

and THEN send him to San Jose for Joe Thornton, who in turn would be shipped to Winnipeg for Zach Bogosian and a pic, who would in turn be sent to Phoenix for Keith Yandle and Shane Doan, who would then be shipped to the NYI for John Tavares and a pic, which would THEN be shipped to Washington for Backstrom and a pic, which would then be shipped to Calgary for Jerome Iginla AND Jay Boumesster (remember, this is Calgary here, they don't know how to trade), then these two would be shipped out to Tampa Bay for Steven Stamkos!!!

I'm not sure how this all shakes out, but in the end, the butler did it.

No, no...

Chris Butler is a Calgary Flame. So he has to come back with Iginla in the very first deal and then be dealt to the Blues (or a contender) at the very end.

A lot of the time people like to say that various 3rd/4th liners could put up huge points playing with top tier players but it just doesnt happen. I think he did pretty well for where he was last year but maybe you're right, he could have produced more. Ultimately, I think he's better than people here give him credit for being.

I had taken a job assignment that had me working in the field a lot so I wasn't in the office as much as before. The times I was in the office I was slammed with work so I had no time to mess around. I just started a new assignment now that's entirely office work so I should be around a lot more.

Filppula had comparable linemates to Kopecky. Bertuzzi's were noticeably better. They scored about the same amount of points. Would you say that they are 3rd/4th liners? As for his linemates, he spent half of his time playing 3rd/4th line in a checking role. He was used in just about every role a forward can be used in.

Filppula had comparable linemates to Kopecky. Bertuzzi's were noticeably better. They scored about the same amount of points. Would you say that they are 3rd/4th liners? As for his linemates, he spent half of his time playing 3rd/4th line in a checking role. He was used in just about every role a forward can be used in.

Personally, I don't know if I would agree with saying that Filppula had comparable linemates but on the assumption that he did I think you also have to consider the roles the players played and who they played against. Filppula plays a very strong defensive game and is clearly more of a set up guy than a goal scorer. I think because of the style Filppula plays he is consiedred a 2nd/3rd liner where as Kopecky plays a grinding, scratchy, in your face style which is generally decribed as a 3rd/4th.

But in all honestly, I personally believe that right now Filppula, Bertuzzi and Kopecky are 3rd line guys who can step up into the 2nd line for short durations when needed.

Also, I dont have the stats but I'd wonder how much PP time each player had and more importantly who were they playing the PP with.

Edited by vladdy16

back to Kopecky - Skelatore face, 3rd liner, serviceable, has a love-child with Hossa, takes too much slack at times on here and had very good line-mates around him in Chi... that about sums it all up, right? :D

I would say that pretty much hits the nail on the head ha

You know, teams like Florida do players a disservice. By signing ridiculous contracts just to reach the cap floor, they are basically dooming those players to never play hockey anywhere else in the NHL. How many players have been priced out of the league because of insane contracts? And you know every player would take a huge contract because they think they are worth it, but I'm betting a lot of careers are ended prematurely because of a bad contract by a desperate team. Just another reason to hate these cap floor teams.

Tallon is a clown.Ok he likes Campbell,but they need to handle his $7.1M for 5 next season.He could easily pull a trade with prospect and picks involved and get them better and cheaper D-man.I mean who wouldn't take Florida's 1st in the 2012? :ph34r:

Yeah Kopecky's value is like Bryzgalov's,lol.You have money so sign him,overpay him,why ffs to send another pick as a bonus to Chicago :rolleyes:

Florida needs to spend 48 million next season. They are not interested in good value, they need money on the books.

I doubt they sign Richards. Sharp is a UFA next offseason and he'll be looking for around 4 mil a year.

Sharp is going to be looking for a lot more than 4 million per year. He makes 3.9 right now.

Kopecky played nearly 30% of his ES time with Hossa and Sharp or Toews. How are Hossa and Sharp/Toews anywhere comparable to Bertuzzi and Franzne/Hudler where Filppula played 43% of his ES time with? Kopecky had the much much much better line-mates.

I like to rip on Kopecky because he looks like Skelatore

motherf***er looks like a young lurch.

Someone should make an Adams Family spin off called "Young Lurch" or "Lurch: the early years" starring Kopecky...it'd be the perfect match!

The thing I'll always remember about Kopecky is how useless he was in Detroit, and how he said "It will feel great when we beat them" and that it always feels good to beat Detroit before his first game against Detroit as a Hawk (a 3-2 Detroit win), despite the fact that he had never faced Detroit before.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Photoshop necessary?

The-Chicago-Blackhawks-win-the-2010-Stanley-Cup-Playoffs-in-Philadelphia.jpg

esteef

The number of pictures you have posted recently from Chicago's win is... disturbing.

But it they sign Richards, it would mean they could trade Kane... maybe Buffalo would bite on a deal involving Myers?

hahahahaha

Maybe if they want all their cabbies dead.

Couldnt you all see Florida just taking on the contracts of Commodore, Redden, and Souray. With the recent addition of Campbell that's one bloated blueline

Don't forget Gomez!

7 million for a top center that should be a third center would help give those d a target!

Why don't they try to sign good players to overpriced contracts instead of depth players to overpriced contracts? I know they're probably just trying to reach the cap floor, but why not actually try make a winning team while doing it.

My faves from the twitter feed:

@Proteautype: There's no truth to the rumor Dale Tallon is resuscitating Obama's cash for clunkers program. Okay, maybe a little

@JimNeveau‎ I'm sorry I haven't been on Twitter sooner today. Couldn't see through the tears I got from laughing at Tomas Kopecky's contract.

@TramyersCSN I liked Tomas Kopecky. But $3M per year?! God, I wish I lived is South Florida and had a decent wrist shot

Guest Hatethedrake!

Just read that Tomas Kopecky signed with Florida for 4 years, $12 mil. I don't have an article right now, just twitter feeds

Google twitter feeds

3 mil a season for Kopecky? :lol: Cue the South Park music! What would Dale Tallon do if he were here right now? I think he'd sign an ex Hawks player who sucks that's what Dale Tallon would do.

Edited by Hatethedrake!

Why don't they try to sign good players to overpriced contracts instead of depth players to overpriced contracts? I know they're probably just trying to reach the cap floor, but why not actually try make a winning team while doing it.

Now that's just crazy talk.