• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
shaeb30

Lets think COMPLETELY outside of the box for one minute...

Rate this topic

If detroit has a chance to sign Doughty and there isnt anyone esle they picked up, i would easily be happy to take a hit of 7 from doughty

oh me too.

lol i tried a stamkos lineup for s***s. ya,this would handicap us bigtime.... thats a shaky ass d once lids retires.

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Simon Gagne ($3.500m) / Steven Stamkos ($9.000m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Jan Mursak ($0.550m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Patrick Eaves ($0.850m)

Drew Miller ($0.650m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.500m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) / Steve Montador ($2.000m)

Doug Janik ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Brian Boucher ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,129,544; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $170,456

I don't have any problem with Stamkos as a person, but if he want's to play the cash register game I would think he needs to learn not to disappear in the playoffs first. When the chips are down, it's been everyone else getting it done, and the commentators wondering what happened to Stamkos' game.

Guest Hatethedrake!

While we're talking dream scenarios, here's mine...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m)

Johan Franzen ($3.954m) / Brad Richards ($6.000m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m)

Daniel Cleary ($2.800m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m)

Patrick Eaves ($0.900m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

Drew Miller ($0.750m) / Cory Emmerton ($0.533m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Christian Ehrhoff ($4.250m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / James Wisniewski ($4.250m)

Jonathan Ericsson ($1.920m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin ($0.900m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,187,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $112,956

The thought of having Stamkos is very cool I just don't see it working out. Wings definetly need D. It would be nice to add a strong forward like Stammer but probably not this season. Wings main focuse needs to be D and who if anyone can come up from GR and take on a Role in Detroit!!

I guess people missed the "thinking outside the box" part in all this. This is a discussion forum... why not at least talk about the possibility instead of jumping down my throat? If you take a second to actually think about the idea, its not as unrealistic as it may seem. If Stevie can't work something out, wouldn't you think the first place he would call would be Detroit? I was just throwing an idea out there for people to talk about!!!

Guest Hatethedrake!

I guess people missed the "thinking outside the box" part in all this. This is a discussion forum... why not at least talk about the possibility instead of jumping down my throat? If you take a second to actually think about the idea, its not as unrealistic as it may seem. If Stevie can't work something out, wouldn't you think the first place he would call would be Detroit? I was just throwing an idea out there for people to talk about!!!

People disagreeing with you is in no way, shape or form 'jumping down your throat.' You can't expect everyone to agree with you. This is what a discussion forum is all about. Discussing differentiating viewpoints. You have the right to your opinion. However, everyone else is entitled to the have one as well.

People disagreeing with you is in no way, shape or form 'jumping down your throat.' You can't expect everyone to agree with you. This is what a discussion forum is all about. Discussing differentiating viewpoints. You have the right to your opinion. However, everyone else is entitled to the have one as well.

Agreed. Shouldn't jump to conclusions so quick... my bad!

Ok for those of you who haven't gotten the Red Wings conspiracy newsletter here's the plan:

This summer the Wings sign Stamkos to 8 million dollars a year for 10 years thus sending our next 4 first round draft picks to Tampa Bay. This would be a bad thing if it wasn't for the fact Holland has already planed for this. Next season Lidstrom will retire, in a freak turn of events (and some incriminating pictures taken December at the board of governors meeting by Jiri Hudler with some women he met in Russia and Kevin Lowe. This is why Hudler went to Russia people!) Lowe steps down at the end of next season and Lidstrom coming off of his 5th Stanley Cup and 8th Norris retires. Seeing a job opening in Edmonton he throws his hat in for the job and is hired on site. Edmonton tanks as expected, but, wanting to get assets for the future he and Ken Holland work out a trade. He trades his next 4 first round picks to Detroit for our fourth and fifth rounders, reasoning that because they were Detroit's they must be gold. Thus the Wings get Stamkos, for a pretty fair cap hit and still have first round draft picks every year.

Don't tell the rest of the league...

Edited by Shaman464

Ok for those of you who haven't gotten the Red Wings conspiracy newsletter here's the plan:

This summer the Wings sign Stamkos to 8 million dollars a year for 10 years thus sending our next 4 first round draft picks to Tampa Bay. This would be a bad thing if it wasn't for the fact Holland has already planed for this. Next season Lidstrom will retire, in a freak turn of events (and some incriminating pictures taken December at the board of governors meeting by Jiri Hudler with some women he met in Russia and Kevin Lowe. This is why Hudler went to Russia people!) Lowe steps down at the end of next season and Lidstrom coming off of his 5th Stanley Cup and 8th Norris retires. Seeing a job opening in Edmonton he throws his hat in for the job and is hired on site. Edmonton tanks as expected, but, wanting to get assets for the future he and Ken Holland work out a trade. He trades his next 4 first round picks to Detroit for our fourth and fifth rounders, reasoning that because they were Detroit's they must be gold. Thus the Wings get Stamkos, for a pretty fair cap hit and still have first round draft picks every year.

Don't tell the rest of the league...

clap.gif

Ok... according to capgeek.com, the Wings have a little more than $16 million to play with right now, and we don't exactly know for sure who the D man Kenny is going to sign will be. Lets say just for argument sake that Stamkos and the Lightning are unable to come to an agreement, and he is sitting out there for the taking come July 1. Would he be worth the $10-11 million a year plus the draft picks it would take to bring him to the D?

http://capgeek.com/c...x.php?teamId=15

The roster capgeek.com has for us right now is minus Jonathan Ericsson too.. but i don't think he will make any more than $1 million.

I'm not taking this seriously and then BAM, I read that last line and am really not taking this seriously. Holland already offered him more than 2mil+.