• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
mmamolo

RFAs Who Did Not Receive Qualifying Offer

Rate this topic

The following is a list of players who did not receive qualifying offers from their teams by the 5pm deadline yesterday. If they go unsigned by this Friday they will become UFAs. When looking over the list there are a couple of players who could (potentially) be of benefit to the Wings. Personally I like Matt Gilroy, even though he hasn't been as good as he should, and Anthony Stewart. I'm not saying the Wings need to or even should sign these players but I think they're worth a look.

For the record, Anthony Stewart scored 14 goals and had 25 assists in 80 games last season with the Thrashers.

PLAYERS WHO DID NOT RECIEVE QOs (will become UFAs)

ANAHEIM: Kyle Chipchura, C ; Ryan Hillier, LW; John de Gray, D; J.P. Levasseur, G; Nigel Williams, D; Eric Regan, D (Signed in Germany).

BOSTON: Matt Dalton, G; Anton Khudobin, G.

BUFFALO: Felix Schutz, F.

CALGARY: John Armstrong, F; Gord Baldwin, D; Hugo Carpentier, F (Signed with LNAH); Josh Meyers, D; Matt Pelech, D.

CAROLINA: Troy Bodie, RW; Jiri Tlusty, LW.

CHICAGO: Jake Dowell, C.

COLORADO: Philippe Dupuis, C; Brian Elliott, G.

COLUMBUS: Sami Lepisto, D; Anton Stralman, D; Tomas Kana, C (Signed in Czech Republic); Petr Kalus, RW (Signed in Finland); Michael Ratchuk, D; Gustaf Wesslau,G (Signed in Sweden).

EDMONTON: J.F Jacques, LW; Zack Stortini, RW.

FLORIDA: Nicklas Bergfors, RW; Steve Bernier, RW; Byron Bitz, RW.

LOS ANGELES: Rob Bordson, RW.

MINNESOTA: Patrick O'Sullivan, C.

MONTREAL: Alexandre Picard, D; Tom Pyatt, RW; Benoit Pouliot, LW; Dustin Boyd, C; Nigel Dawes, LW.

NASHVILLE: Dan Gendur, F; Mark Santorelli, F.

NEW JERSEY: Anssi Salmela, D.

NY ISLANDERS: Rob Hisey, F; Dustin Kohn, D; Jack Hillen, D.

NY RANGERS: Matt Gilroy, D; Justin Soryal, F; Devin DiDiomete, F.

OTTAWA: Ryan Potulny, C; Cody Bass, C; Jason Bailey, F.

PHILADELPHIA: Dan Carcillo, LW.

PHOENIX: Jeff May, D; Matt Watkins, F; Jonas Ahnelov, D; Josh Lunden, F.

PITTSBURGH: Tyler Kennedy, RW.

SAN JOSE: Patrick Davis, F; Kevin Henderson, F; Carter Hutton, G; Joe Loprieno, D; Nick Schaus, D; Mike Swift, F.

ST. LOUIS: Matt D'Agostini, RW.

TAMPA BAY: Mike Lundin, D; Matt Smaby, D; Alex Berry, F; Stefano Giliati, F; Kevin Quick, D; Vladimir Mihalik, D; Levi Nelson, F; Paul Szccechura, C.

TORONTO: Christian Hanson, C; Brayden Irwin, F; Fabiann Brunnstrom, LW.

VANCOUVER: Lee Sweatt, D.

WASHINGTON: Josh Godfrey, D; Joe Finley, D; Trevor Bruess, F.

WINNIPEG: Rob Schremp, C; Anthony Stewart, RW

Edited by mmamolo

There are a LOT of names on that list to like, given the right price tag... I'd take a shot at Stewart or Stortini wouldn't be bad here for some "sandpaper"... I also wouldn't mind seeing the Wings take a flier on Anssi Salmela as a 7th dman/GR bound guy and give him a shot in camp...

There are also a few projects that would be nice, if they were willing to take jobs in GR and try and prove themselves in camp...

Yeah, there are some guys that would fit well on the bubble between the Wings and Griffins rosters. The only problem is there is a max on how many player contracts a team can have. So sooner or later you're pushing someone out to take flyers on project players.

But that being said, that doesn't mean there aren't 1 or 2 to like enough to try and acquire. Plus, honestly I think Stewart would fit well on the Wings now.

Dowell surprises me. I thought he was doing well for Chicago. Anthony Stewart is another shocking one. He made nearly nothing last year and scored 40 points. How do you not qualify that?

I hope to see Holland make a move to pick up Stewart if he could get him cheap. Maybe something like this:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Franzen/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Stewart/Filppula/Bertuzzi

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Abdelkader/Emmerton

Although I would expect Stewart to sign with St. Louis ahead of Detroit; his brother plays there and as it stands he would be lined up to play in the top six.

Yeah, there are some guys that would fit well on the bubble between the Wings and Griffins rosters. The only problem is there is a max on how many player contracts a team can have. So sooner or later you're pushing someone out to take flyers on project players.

But that being said, that doesn't mean there aren't 1 or 2 to like enough to try and acquire. Plus, honestly I think Stewart would fit well on the Wings now.

I'd be fine with Stewart coming on board... if we're going to sign a depth forward though, I'd still rather the Wings go out and get Cody McCormick for the cost and role he'd be filling...

There's really no one else on that list that I'd be fine with just giving a job, any one of them would need to accept a 2 way deal and accept the fact they're going to be in GR unless the win a job in camp...

Edited by stevkrause

I think some one like Anthony Stewart is beyond a 2-way deal. At 40 points last year, I think he could fit on the Wings 3rd line. Stewart/Filppula/Bertuzzi seems like it could be a very effective line. I also like that's he a right hand shot, 6'3" and like 230 lbs.

I think some one like Anthony Stewart is beyond a 2-way deal. At 40 points last year, I think he could fit on the Wings 3rd line. Stewart/Filppula/Bertuzzi seems like it could be a very effective line. I also like that's he a right hand shot, 6'3" and like 230 lbs.

I'll agree with you there for sure, I was more referring to the rest on that list not getting more than a 2-way deal... I'm very surprised WPG didn't qualify him...

Edited by stevkrause

I'll agree with you there for sure, I was more referring to the rest on that list not getting more than a 2-way deal... I'm very surprised WPG didn't qualify him...

Yeah, the vast majority of that list wouldnt get more than a 2-way from the Wings because of their depth. Jake Dowell and obviously Rat Boy Tyler Kennedy are two other surprising names. But they're probably still negotiating with CHI and PITT and may never see UFA Status

Yeah, the vast majority of that list wouldnt get more than a 2-way from the Wings because of their depth. Jake Dowell and obviously Rat Boy Tyler Kennedy are two other surprising names. But they're probably still negotiating with CHI and PITT and may never see UFA Status

Khubodin in Bos was a surprise to me as well, he's still a pretty promising young goalie, I would have expected them to at least quality him and try and send him back down to Providence...

Khubodin in Bos was a surprise to me as well, he's still a pretty promising young goalie, I would have expected them to at least quality him and try and send him back down to Providence...

That's a good point too. Although I dont know the roster space they have. I guess the problem as well is that we don't know the inner workings of these situations. Maybe they thought he didn't work hard enough, or he had a bad attitude, or some other intangible like that was off. There seem to be quite a few surprising naems on this list - more than years past

What would people think about Dan Carcillo?.. He seems interesting but I have always pictured him as kind of a douchebag, which could be a good thing I guess..

But he has shown glimpses of goal scoring ability in the past and isnt afraid to drop the gloves..

Dowell surprises me. I thought he was doing well for Chicago. Anthony Stewart is another shocking one. He made nearly nothing last year and scored 40 points. How do you not qualify that?

I hope to see Holland make a move to pick up Stewart if he could get him cheap. Maybe something like this:

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Abdelkader/Emmerton

Although I would expect Stewart to sign with St. Louis ahead of Detroit; his brother plays there and as it stands he would be lined up to play in the top six.

:hysterical: at you still putting Hudler on the top line!

Hudler/Zetterberg/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Abdelkader/Emmerton

:hysterical: at you still putting Hudler on the top line!

I think Carcillo finds a home as well. But no way would I rather him than Stewart. To me I think a team could get Stewart for ~1M or so. I'd take that in a heart beat. But then again, who knows. Maybe Florida wants him back on a 5 year, $25M deal.

I think Carcillo finds a home as well. But no way would I rather him than Stewart. To me I think a team could get Stewart for ~1M or so. I'd take that in a heart beat. But then again, who knows. Maybe Florida wants him back on a 5 year, $25M deal.

I agree 100% with Stewart before Carcillo.. I was just tossing the idea since I think there could be a number of teams interested in Stewart..

And the only way Florida takes him at 5 Years, $25M is if Chicago signs him first and then offers him as a trade.

And the only way Florida takes him at 5 Years, $25M is if Chicago signs him first and then offers him as a trade.

Now that's funny.

You're also probably right about several teams having interest in Stewart. It'd be kinda cool, if the Wings couldn't have him, if he signed in St. Louis with Chris. It seems weird Winnipeg didn't qualify him. I can't understand why they wouldn't

I agree 100% with Stewart before Carcillo.. I was just tossing the idea since I think there could be a number of teams interested in Stewart..

Well played!

we should definately make an offer to Lee Sweat...I watched this kid at the Canucks training camp last season, he had unreal puck moving skills, great first pass, could QB his own PP unit and was solid in his own end. If we could get him in GR for a few seasons I really feel he could blossom.

:thumbup:

we should definately make an offer to Lee Sweat...I watched this kid at the Canucks training camp last season, he had unreal puck moving skills, great first pass, could QB his own PP unit and was solid in his own end. If we could get him in GR for a few seasons I really feel he could blossom.

:thumbup:

There's got to be a reason he didnt receive a QO. As I said above, I dont get why some of these players were qualified. If he's that good then something has to be wrong

The "NHL from 2011 to 2015" script that I have says that the Wings' 2013 reclamation project is Benoit Pouliot, but he's still two more failed attempts at being a top-six forward away from being a Wing.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Eva's line-up for next season...

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler, Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

With so much icetime we could expect Hudler to score 1047 goals and 3217 assists. Come on Kenny! Get er done! :thumbup:

Eva's line-up for next season...

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler-Hudler

Hudler, Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

Hudler

Hudler-Hudler

With so much icetime we could expect Hudler to score 1047 goals and 3217 assists. Come on Kenny! Get er done! :thumbup:

Don't be crazy...Jiri is beyond 4th line duty, he's just too good for it

That's obviously not true, or else they'd have qualifying offers.