• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:49 AM

Burns traded to SJ.......Bieksa re-signed by Vancouver.....Erhoff might be next...

If the Wings run out of options on defense would you mind a trade for Komisarek considering his $4.5 million cap hit through the 2013-2014 season?

I would hope to dump a guy like Hudler (obviously) in the deal to even out the money a little but regardless couldn't expect Toronto wanting too much for him.

#2 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

God no.

Komisarek is useless.

Edited by Reds4Life, 28 June 2011 - 10:50 AM.

#3 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:50 AM

Burns traded to SJ.......Bieksa re-signed by Vancouver.....Erhoff might be next...

If the Wings run out of options on defense would you mind a trade for Komisarek considering his $4.5 million cap hit through the 2013-2014 season?

I would hope to dump a guy like Hudler (obviously) in the deal to even out the money a little but regardless couldn't expect Toronto wanting too much for him.

eh... that's probably too big of a gamble for me... how many years left on his contract?

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#4 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 10:52 AM

No. Komisarek is a 6 million dollar pylon. I could see the Bruins trading for him though to use as Lucic's punching bag. He's very good at that.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#5 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:02 AM

Oh man save this type of thread for the 4th of July eventually :scared:

#6 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

Everyone is worrying about defensemen drying up, yet Wisniewski is still available, correct? And the Wings rumor mill has surrounded him quite a bit. I think it's becoming pretty obvious that he is who the Wings are targeting, since they haven't signed any of these other guys.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#7 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:05 AM

If I was to make a list of every D-man in the NHL, ranking them by how much I would like to see them on the Wings.. Komisarek would probably be dead last. Especially at that price.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#8 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

If I was to make a list of every D-man in the NHL, ranking them by how much I would like to see them on the Wings.. Komisarek would probably be dead last. Especially at that price.

no way, not even close...

Brett Ledbda.

or according to VS announcers, Brad Ledba

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#9 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:07 AM

Everyone is worrying about defensemen drying up, yet Wisniewski is still available, correct? And the Wings rumor mill has surrounded him quite a bit. I think it's becoming pretty obvious that he is who the Wings are targeting, since they haven't signed any of these other guys.

They can't sign any of the other guys. They don't own their rights. Teams are just re-signing their own players right now. Bieksa (Van), Laich (Wash), Dupuis (Pens), Brewer (TB), Markov (Mtl), etc.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#10 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,955 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:23 AM

Honest to God, I wouldn't pay him half that money.

He's not that good and is often injured. Overrated player.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#11 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,678 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:31 AM

You can have him.

#12 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:34 AM

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#13 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,737 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:38 AM

Please no. Maybe Toronto Raptors can take him:

"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#14 Ray1905

Ray1905

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

I live in Montreal, I saw the guy play many years, my answer is absolutely not, do not touch Komisarek.
Read less, more TV.

#15 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,838 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:42 AM

God no.

Komisarek is useless.

My first thought as well. Not to mention Hudler is the complete opposite of what Burke likes, because he's not North American and he surely isnt big.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#16 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,079 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:56 AM

One of the most useless pylons in the NHL. GOD NO. I'd rather re-sign Lilja to a 13yr 50million dollar contract before I trade assets for Komisarek.

#NOMOREKINDL

#17 Diluvian04

Diluvian04

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 99 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:09 PM

The wings will go after one or both of Jovanovski and/or Wisniewski. As far as forwards I really hope they don't have all of their eggs in one basket with Jagr. With all of these players getting signed I am starting to get a feeling of panic. Teams like Columbus, San Jose, Las Angeles, and Vancouver retaining their players are going to be better. I'm more nervous because of the money these guys are going to get paid. We are talking like these players getting a 30% raise in pay with new contracts. Not all but some anyway. I want Yandle and Ehrhoff but that almost doesn't seem possible now.

What do you guys think?

The salary cap floor is going to inflate these salaries. I don't know about you guys but I hate the fact that the salary cap went up.

#18 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

he is barely worth as much as lebda
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#19 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:10 PM

would rather have ericsson at half the price. this guy is done, leafs will bury him in the minors.
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#20 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:11 PM

The wings will go after one or both of Jovanovski and/or Wisniewski. As far as forwards I really hope they don't have all of their eggs in one basket with Jagr. With all of these players getting signed I am starting to get a feeling of panic. Teams like Columbus, San Jose, Las Angeles, and Vancouver retaining their players are going to be better. I'm more nervous because of the money these guys are going to get paid. We are talking like these players getting a 30% raise in pay with new contracts. Not all but some anyway. I want Yandle and Ehrhoff but that almost doesn't seem possible now.

What do you guys think?

The salary cap floor is going to inflate these salaries. I don't know about you guys but I hate the fact that the salary cap went up.

jagr is close to signing with the pens i heard
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter