• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Cam Barker on waivers

Rate this topic

They are talking about him being bought out... I would pick him off of waivers. Cap hit of about 3 million.

I don't want him at 3m, 1.5-2 TOPS... I'd rather wait until he's bought out and make him an offer then if the brass is interested...

At his current contract, no. If he clears, they buy him out and is willing to come here at 1m or so, without a doubt.

This. Current contract is too expensive for a guy who hasn't blossumed much in Minnesota... Not that it means he's a total bust.

At his current contract, no. If he clears, they buy him out and is willing to come here at 1m or so, without a doubt.

$3,083,333 is too much? I think if he gets bought out in this market he could get MORE money.

I say take him for this salary.

To please LGW, he is only 25 years old. Ht: 6-3 Wt: 215

ASSETS: Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point, which is especially effective on the power play. Can play a physical brand of hockey.

FLAWS: Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zone coverage in order to become a complete blue-liner. Needs more game-to-game consistency.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile defenseman with all-around upside.

I don't want him at 3m, 1.5-2 TOPS... I'd rather wait until he's bought out and make him an offer then if the brass is interested...

Remember, Ericcson is going to get 2.7... This might be a deal at 3.

$3,083,333 is too much? I think if he gets bought out in this market he could get MORE money.

ASSETS: Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point, which is especially effective on the power play. Can play a physical brand of hockey.

FLAWS: Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zone coverage in order to become a complete blue-liner. Needs more game-to-game consistency.

Ericsson is rumored at 2.4, maybe less...

Barker has never played here and that uncertainty is scary, so that's also a negative... 3m is too much for a guy that has looked very out of place in Min... also, there's no way he gets MORE after being bought out, if he were that valuable, they'd be able to trade him and wouldn't even consider buying him out and thus, taking part of his caphit... is there still potential there and would I take a chance on the guy, sure, but not at that tag.

Edited by stevkrause

"Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zeon coverage". That scares me off at $3 mil. If he's going to be bought out anyways, just wait. If he does get bought out, he should be really cheap and then it'd be worth it to see if he could fit in our system. Its a good gamble, I would be interested to see how he does, but not at $3 mil.

Barker's waiver price is $26,250. Can't be bought out unless it's a waiver price of $125. So this is first pass to see if anyone wants him.

If he clears tomorrow at noon, MIN would have to put him back on $125 waivers if they want to buy him out.

- Bob McKenzie's Twitter

Agree as well.

As for..."Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zeon coverage".Give him a year playing and training with Lids and maybe he'll explode :hehe:

Even to a lesser extent, just being in our system and playing with the likes of Kronwall and Stuart as welll... I still don't know how sure I am that he can turn it around, but at 1.5, I'll take that chance in a heartbeat!

Normally I'm all for these reclamation projects, but I honestly think Barker is an absolute spud.

I don't disagree. I just am talking practically now. He might be the only way to improve the Defensive corp and get younger this season.

I'd take him on re-entry waivers.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no re-entry process with buy-outs, is there?

If we take him on re-entry, what would our cap hit be, and what would we be giving up?

We wouldn't have to give up anything, other than his salary, which would be half (Min would assume the other half) so his hit would be approximately 1.5m (a little over)

Also I doubt he would make it to us in a re-entry situation.

I was blown away by how little he progressed in the last two years. When the Wild trade came, I was surprised.

I am not surprised by what happened in Minnesota, that team is a mess now.

Also I doubt he would make it to us in a re-entry situation.

Well do waiver rules apply in the off-season or is it first come? I would think Holland would at least try to pick him up at a 1.5 million hit. It will all boil down to whether or not we can obtain Ehrhoff, Wizniewski, or Pitkanen...

I don't disagree. I just am talking practically now. He might be the only way to improve the Defensive corp and get younger this season.

Correct me if I am wrong, but there is no re-entry process with buy-outs, is there?

I didn't think so either, but Bob McKenzie's twitter post made me think otherwise...

If we take him on re-entry, what would our cap hit be, and what would we be giving up?

We wouldn't give up anything, his cap hit would be 1.5mil for this upcoming season.

If they are able to buy him out, he wouldn't be on their team any longer and there would be no need to re-entry waive him. If they waive him and no one bites then they either buy him out, which it sounds like they can't do, or they can put him on re-entry waivers and see if anyone will bite on him then.

We wouldn't give up anything, his cap hit would be 1.5mil for this upcoming season.

If they are able to buy him out, he wouldn't be on their team any longer and there would be no need to re-entry waive him. If they waive him and no one bites then they either buy him out, which it sounds like they can't do, or they can put him on re-entry waivers and see if anyone will bite on him then.

Regardless of how he ends up here, via re-entry waivers or FA, if the tag is about 1.5m, I'd take that flier in a heartbeat... it's just when the price tag goes higher that I have hesitations...