• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Cam Barker on waivers

Rate this topic

If you check out Bob Mckenzie's twitter he's posted a link that better explains the waiver process for Barker. Since he's an RFA the article explains that there is a second round of waivers he'll have to be exposed to if he isn't claimed by 11am tomorrow. Then the Wild would potentially buy him out at 1/3 the cost as opposed to the normal 2/3. He's be scheduled to collect just over $1M from the buyout so if he wants to break even for the year's salary he'd look for $2M. But that doesnt meant he'd get it.

I'm too lazy to get the link but it's there

Guest Heaten

Surprised anyone on LGWs would even consider him when we already had one of these guys (who was better defensively and more physical) last year in Ericsson.

If Cam is worth $2mil, Ericsson is worth $4.5...

No thanks! Just save the headaches and drama and play Kindl/Smith.

$3,083,333 is too much? I think if he gets bought out in this market he could get MORE money.

I say take him for this salary.

To please LGW, he is only 25 years old. Ht: 6-3 Wt: 215

ASSETS: Possesses a hard, accurate shot from the point, which is especially effective on the power play. Can play a physical brand of hockey.

FLAWS: Must improve his decision-making and defensive-zone coverage in order to become a complete blue-liner. Needs more game-to-game consistency.

CAREER POTENTIAL: Mobile defenseman with all-around upside.

Remember, Ericcson is going to get 2.7... This might be a deal at 3.

Well I have to agree with you... Cleary was problematic/finished type of player and turn out to be great pick up for Detroit. Barker has potential and he's young, playing with Lids or Kronwall will just help.

Hudler for Barker? :)

Barker cleared waivers, but apparently the Wild will not be buying him out.

That's odd... if they're just looking to unload his contract, why don't they package him with a pick and/or prospect and send him to Florida? They like old Blackhawks with big contracts...

That's odd... if they're just looking to unload his contract, why don't they package him with a pick and/or prospect and send him to Florida? They like old Blackhawks with big contracts...

Because apparently Tallon is only interested in taking on big contracts that help his old team clear cap space. Huet's next. In a few years, it'll be Hossa.

Because apparently Tallon is only interested in taking on big contracts that help his old team clear cap space. Huet's next. In a few years, it'll be Hossa.

He should trade for Havlat and Barker in a package, put the band back together! :ph34r:

What happened to him? I thought he was a good prospect and good offensive d-man, but now he can't even produce points.

I honestly just think his confidence is shaken... given the right system and stability and I think he could turn it around... he's still got a very good shot and is a very hard hitter, just needs to work on his positioning and decision making a little... it probably didn't help either that Chicago rushed him to the NHL...

So he cleared waivers. Now what does that mean? I'm horrible with these things.

they can now buy him out, or assign him to their AHL affiliate...

I honestly just think his confidence is shaken... given the right system and stability and I think he could turn it around... he's still got a very good shot and is a very hard hitter, just needs to work on his positioning and decision making a little... it probably didn't help either that Chicago rushed him to the NHL...

they can now buy him out, or assign him to their AHL affiliate...

I read that they have no plans to buy him out, so if that's the case - whoever claims him is on the hook for the entirety of his contract. Correct?

I read that they have no plans to buy him out, so if that's the case - whoever claims him is on the hook for the entirety of his contract. Correct?

He already cleared, so the chance to claim him has passed... if they sent him back through waivers, then it would be 1/2 his salary, but that can't be for several days... if they send him to the AHL, then they essentially can't bring him back up without exposing him...

There is no re-entry waivers during the off-season. Have to be able to assign a player to the AHL (and he has to report) in order to place him on re-entry waivers and you can't do that until training camp.

Besides, re-entry would cost them 1.5 million against the cap, buyout costs them 575k against the cap. Which would you do?

This story confuses me... They don't want to spend 3 million on him over the next season... so they refuse to spend 575k on him now to let him go?

Perhaps they saw how few D men were left and said okay... we will try trading him again on July third.