• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Chunkylover

Filling Out Roster From Within

Rate this topic

deadline trades usually favor the team not in cup contention in the long run, thats why I dont like them. why not just do it in free agency? I dont want to mess with this teams future by trading away any draft picks or any prospects.

This topic is right up my alley. I really suggest that Holland does bring players up from within our system and give the a chance to perform and see what they can do. This team needs a little spark and I think adding some youth and players that have been working hard in the minors to get a shot at the big time is just what this team needs. The Wings have a ton of depth and I think now is the time to tap into it. You can't keep signing veterans and releasing prospects and rookies. At some point this team needs to get younger and players in the Minors deserve a shot this season is as good of time as any. You can't keep question-marking these players at some point you have to throw them into the mix and just see what you can do. Of course I want the Wings to do whatever it takes to bring a Cup back to Detroit but this has to be a growing process and the Wings have spent time developing their younger players which is a process. It's not like this team is in any trouble financially or has a poor fanbase or anything like that so winning a cup is not a necessaity right now which seems to be what people think will happen if you bring the kids up. Who really knows it could be just what this team needs to get back to the Cup. Sure there are a lot of questions but you can't keep holding players back because you're unsure. If they've been in the system long enough and developed their skills long enough you must give them a shot. It's time to see what the kids can do.

This topic is right up my alley. I really suggest that Holland does bring players up from within our system and give the a chance to perform and see what they can do. This team needs a little spark and I think adding some youth and players that have been working hard in the minors to get a shot at the big time is just what this team needs. The Wings have a ton of depth and I think now is the time to tap into it. You can't keep signing veterans and releasing prospects and rookies. At some point this team needs to get younger and players in the Minors deserve a shot this season is as good of time as any. You can't keep question-marking these players at some point you have to throw them into the mix and just see what you can do. Of course I want the Wings to do whatever it takes to bring a Cup back to Detroit but this has to be a growing process and the Wings have spent time developing their younger players which is a process. It's not like this team is in any trouble financially or has a poor fanbase or anything like that so winning a cup is not a necessaity right now which seems to be what people think will happen if you bring the kids up. Who really knows it could be just what this team needs to get back to the Cup. Sure there are a lot of questions but you can't keep holding players back because you're unsure. If they've been in the system long enough and developed their skills long enough you must give them a shot. It's time to see what the kids can do.

Youth isn't a cure all. The problem you fail to see is that there is no one ready to come into the NHL from the Wings prospect pool that will fill the biggest holes in the wings line up. Sorry, but this really isn't up your alley. Believe it or not the Wings don't have a huge need for an offensive D man, that would be great, but their #1 concern is a very good defensive Dman. If the only question on the back end was caused by Rafi bowing out, you'd be 100% right give Smith a shot. Players in the minors do deserve a shot, but, the Wings have been brilliant at bringing them up when they should be, giving them some injury call ups, while letting them do first/second line/pairing duties in GR. The Wings have a lot of top 6 forwards in their prospect pool, a pretty good offensive defenseman, a few boom or bust offensive d prospects but no one that could walk on to the team today and fill their biggest gaps.

Sorry if Detroit became the deadwings for a few seasons none of what you said would be true anymore. The Cup is ALWAYS the goal, if its not than there is zero point in trying to be competitive and the wings best bet is a fire sale, tanking 2 or 3 seasons, getting high draft picks and rebuilding. Because of the lottery system the way it is there is disincentive to be a middle of the pack team, you don't have the ability to attract FAs as easily, but you also don't get the 1-5 picks. That idea is s*** at best, either the wings need to be top 5 or bottom 5, middle of the pack is the worst place to be right now.

Edited by Shaman464

Lidstrom-?

Kronwall-Stuart

?-? (Counting on Big E NOT re-signing)

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Flip-??

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Abdelkader-? (Mursak?)

Those holes can't be filled from within. Maybe one or two, since Mursak is coming up, but you can't replace a top pairing defenseman from within and you can't add the top 6 scorer they want from within, either.

Edited by VM1138

Put Dats on defense! They did it with Fedorov... :ph34r:

Fedorov was stronger and much faster.

Lidstrom-?

Kronwall-Stuart

?-? (Counting on Big E NOT re-signing)

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Zetterberg-Flip-??

Cleary-Helm-Bertuzzi

Miller-Abdelkader-? (Mursak?)

Those holes can't be filled from within. Maybe one or two, since Mursak is coming up, but you can't replace a top pairing defenseman from within and you can't add the top 6 scorer they want from within, either.

If you want to add a top six scorer from within to the roster you've listed, it's pretty easy. Or maybe you just forgot about Hudler?

Fedorov was stronger and much faster.

If you want to add a top six scorer from within to the roster you've listed, it's pretty easy. Or maybe you just forgot about Hudler?

And Kindl's disappeared too it seems...

it is not the lids is not a good enough mentor, i just think he is the wrong type of mentor. erikson needs to learn how to use his size and needs to learn how to play with an edge - things i don't consider to be lidstrom's strong points (especially at this point in his career), but they are something jovinowski could teach him.

perhaps on hedman, i said it was a stretch. i would argue no one want vinny's contract but that is a bust in the current nhl

avs or aves? who gives a crap? it's the stupid avalanche :)

:thumbup:

Fair enough.