• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

Sign Jovo to a one year deal with the understanding if it works out we'll talk. He's from Windsor, no doubt a late trip 'back home' would do him good. At least you know what you'll get with him, the good and the average. I'm not ready to commit to any of these FA's to a long term deal. Maybe throw a lowball at someone like Barker and see if he wants to play for an A list club with superstars.

Screw it, sign Big Eric on defense as that won't break us, resign Eaves and see what the kids bring. See if they're 'over ripe'. If you need to you'd have a boatload of cash to hit the trade deadline with.

Sign Jovo to a one year deal with the understanding if it works out we'll talk. He's from Windsor, no doubt a late trip 'back home' would do him good. At least you know what you'll get with him, the good and the average. I'm not ready to commit to any of these FA's to a long term deal. Maybe throw a lowball at someone like Barker and see if he wants to play for an A list club with superstars.

Tend to agree.

don't make me regret defending you on your first post and welcoming you... you sound like a fool here, both in context and composition...

lol..i just wanted to argue..i hope we pick up one of them....yes we need a D but I think we also need more fie power up front..i think id like to see wiz over er..both come with price..

Question of the day:

Ehrhoff or Wizzy?

We can only get one.

Personally I would rather Wisniewski. But I do think there's a chance they can get both. I'm NOT saying the Wings SHOULD do this but I think they could: Ehroff $5.25 and Wisniewski $5. That would leave them with approximately $6 to sign another defensemen, a back up goalie, Eaves and another forward. For Example:

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS

Jiri Hudler ($2.875m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

Tomas Holmstrom ($1.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.954m)

Todd Bertuzzi ($1.937m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Jaromir Jagr (or whoever)($2.000m)

Justin Abdelkader ($0.787m) / Darren Helm ($0.912m) / Patrick Eaves ($1.000m)

Cory Emmerton ($0.533m) / Jan Mursak ($0.550m)

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom ($6.200m) / Brad Stuart ($3.750m)

Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m) / Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

Christian Ehrhoff ($5.250m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson (or whoever)($2.000m)

GOALTENDERS

Jimmy Howard ($2.250m) / Ty Conklin (or whoever)($0.850m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,192,044; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $107,956

Those are all very reasonable numbers to get it done. We all know Ericsson may want more so you could let him go if you choose. A back up at that price can be had and Ehroff and Wis at those numbers should be the most any one on here wants to pay.

Sign Jovo to a 1 year $5m deal.Sign Wisniewski to a 4 year $5.5m py deal

Lidstrom - Wisniewski

Kronwall - Stuart

Jovo - Kindl

Jovo should be signing for way less...I'm thinking like $3-3.5M max

Wings have like 16M with only a few roster spots to fill. They have plenty of money to throw around...

16 m yes..but those few spots will take up at least 7_8 I believe...not a while lot to throw at some bigger names

OKAY I never do a line thread but I had an idea for our D... its a little bit more of a stretch but I think Ehrhoff and Wiz would be an amazing two to pick up but would be a very tough task, I like...

DEFENSEMEN

Cam Barker ($2.500m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Jonathan Ericsson (or whoever)($2.500m)

I like that D a lot and I think 2.5 is a lot for Barker and I think he could be had for less. This leaves Kindl, Barker, and Big Rig, rotating for the bottom 3 (5,6,7) Also gives us some money for the offense which I know it played very well last year. A little more offense could never hurt.

DEFENSEMEN

Christian Ehrhoff ($5.250m) / James Wisniewski ($5.000m)

Barker(or whoever)($2.000m)

This is my Dream defense....

doubtful on wiz or erhoff... Just not seeing winds pull through..sad thing other teams would prolly offer more than wrongs can afford..columbus is looking for d also..more money than wings to throw around...

I agree i think some of those desperate teams or teams that need to get to the cap floor are going to send some dumb contracts out there, holland isnt gonna overpay for anyone even if they have the money to do so.

Im totally preparing myself for the wings not getting anyone we thought they may, and sadly i think jovo might land here. Which sucks IMO.

I agree i think some of those desperate teams or teams that need to get to the cap floor are going to send some dumb contracts out there, holland isnt gonna overpay for anyone even if they have the money to do so.

Im totally preparing myself for the wings not getting anyone we thought they may, and sadly i think jovo might land here. Which sucks IMO.

Eh, I think Jovo will do fine here as long as he is replacing Salei's spot and nothing higher. He could actually play better here, in my opinion. Phoenix was good, but not THAT good.

If Ehrhoff turned down "Bieska" money, then he wants way more than I would pay him. Give me my original lineup:

Kronwall Stuart

Lidstrom Wisniewski ($5M 4-5yrs))

Jovanovski($3M 1 yr) Montador ($2M 2yrs)

Kindl

(like I said in another thread if Holland is going to re-sign Ericsson, then fine, put him in place of Jovo or Montador. But that lineup is my preference. That leaves Holland $6M dollars to shore up the offense.)

I would say, no thanks to Ehroff, unless we cannot get Wisniewski...

Eh, I think Jovo will do fine here as long as he is replacing Salei's spot and nothing higher. He could actually play better here, in my opinion. Phoenix was good, but not THAT good.

Never thought ofthat one jovo replacing salei...interesting..prolly wants big dollars tho...his name alone..

That's my big fear..