• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

Why does everyone want Wiz? The guy has had one good year, everything else sub par. Ehrhoff is the much more offensively gifted and consistent defenseman.

Stick to Wisniewski to take Rafalski's spot. Ehrhoff had a mediocre finals at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he was grossly overpaid (Edmonton).

I wouldn't be overly upset if Jovanovski replaced Salei, although i'd like to see us get younger. What are everyone's thoughts on Kent Huskins?

Yeah, Ehrhoff had a s***ty finals. Put up 14 goals two years in a row and a catalist to Vancouers PP. Let's not bring up how Wiz has sucked every year before the last, tho. Oh wait, he's gritty tho.

Never thought ofthat one jovo replacing salei...interesting..prolly wants big dollars tho...his name alone..

That's my big fear..

There is also the possibility that Jovo comes here to play with Bertuzzi, remember the two are close friends. Bert could sell him on coming in and also I could see them offering Jovo a bert-like contract.

Guest Heaten

If Ehrhoff turned down "Bieska" money, then he wants way more than I would pay him. Give me my original lineup:

Kronwall Stuart

Lidstrom Wisniewski ($5M 4-5yrs))

Jovanovski($3M 1 yr) Montador ($2M 2yrs)

Kindl

(like I said in another thread if Holland is going to re-sign Ericsson, then fine, put him in place of Jovo or Montador. But that lineup is my preference. That leaves Holland $6M dollars to shore up the offense.)

I would say, no thanks to Ehroff, unless we cannot get Wisniewski...

Why is Jovo worth $3mil?

Why does everyone want Wiz? The guy has had one good year, everything else sub par. Ehrhoff is the much more offensively gifted and consistent defenseman.

Yeah, Ehrhoff had a s***ty finals. Put up 14 goals two years in a row and a catalist to Vancouers PP. Let's not bring up how Wiz has sucked every year before the last, tho. Oh wait, he's gritty tho.

Ehrhoff is a carbon copy of what we already have in most of our D...puck moving, offensive defensemen. Wisniewski not only brings some offense to the team as well, but he also fills two voids we don't have, a right handed shot on D and yes, toughness. I am not saying one is that much better than the other, but Wisniewski, even if he doesn't net 51 points again, fills more of our voids. This is Kronwall's year to get 60+ points, he is going to have to show he can "replace" Lidstrom one of these years, so with Rafalski gone, this year should be his year. If not, then Suter is on the horizon.

Nobody is afraid of Lidstrom/Kronwall/Ehrhoff/Kindl/Ericsson/Stuart. But make it Lidstrom/Kronwall/Wiz/Montador/Jovo/Stuart/Kindl, folks will have their heads up for sure. AND we will still get out points from LIds/Kron/Wiz....

If Holland lands both? Super! but first priority should be Wiz...

Why is Jovo worth $3mil?

Why not? He made over $6M last year, his game hasn't fallen apart that much. If he came here for less, great! Considering that his career is waning and he hasn't won a Cup yet, he is probably looking to go somewhere that has a legit shot at winning the Cup and there are only a few places that are legit contenders. Detroit being one of them, but he will probably get even higher offers from other teams, so I put him at $3M.

Ehrhoff is a carbon copy of what we already have in most of our D...puck moving, offensive defensemen. Wisniewski not only brings some offense to the team as well, but he also fills two voids we don't have, a right handed shot on D and yes, toughness. I am not saying one is that much better than the other, but Wisniewski, even if he doesn't net 51 points again, fills more of our voids. This is Kronwall's year to get 60+ points, he is going to have to show he can "replace" Lidstrom one of these years, so with Rafalski gone, this year should be his year. If not, then Suter is on the horizon.

Nobody is afraid of Lidstrom/Kronwall/Ehrhoff/Kindl/Ericsson/Stuart. But make it Lidstrom/Kronwall/Wiz/Montador/Jovo/Stuart/Kindl, folks will have their heads up for sure. AND we will still get out points from LIds/Kron/Wiz....

If Holland lands both? Super! but first priority should be Wiz...

Why?

When's the last time Kronwall hit someone in the regular season? Same goes for Stuart. Who are Lidstrom and Kindl going to hit? Jovo is too slow to hit anyone. Wiz is basically the only guy who consistently throws his weight around.

Hitting and fighting is yucky and rude, I know. How has Wisniewski "sucked"? 51 points in 75 games this past season. He broke into the league with the Blackhawks, so of course his numbers early in his career won't be stellar. Ehrhoff already rejected a Bieksa-like contract. How much does he think he's worth? Bieksa is making a shade under 5 mil a year.

Why?

When's the last time Kronwall hit someone in the regular season? Same goes for Stuart. Who are Lidstrom and Kindl going to hit? Jovo is too slow to hit anyone. Wiz is basically the only guy who consistently throws his weight around.

Fetisov was slow too, he seemed to hit folks just fine. Kronner and Stuart hit plenty in the regular season, not a ton, not as much as they should, but more than Ericsson and Ehrhoff do. Wiz will be the main hitter and Montador doens't pass on a check either. The only one who won't be doing any hitting is Lidstrom...

Stick to Wisniewski to take Rafalski's spot. Ehrhoff had a mediocre finals at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he was grossly overpaid (Edmonton).

I wouldn't be overly upset if Jovanovski replaced Salei, although i'd like to see us get younger. What are everyone's thoughts on Kent Huskins?

I might be wrong but Ehroff was injured (knee and shoulder) during the playoffs...

If Ehrhoff turned down "Bieska" money, then he wants way more than I would pay him. Give me my original lineup:

Kronwall Stuart

Lidstrom Wisniewski ($5M 4-5yrs))

Jovanovski($3M 1 yr) Montador ($2M 2yrs)

Kindl

(like I said in another thread if Holland is going to re-sign Ericsson, then fine, put him in place of Jovo or Montador. But that lineup is my preference. That leaves Holland $6M dollars to shore up the offense.)

I would say, no thanks to Ehroff, unless we cannot get Wisniewski...

That DEF will bring Stanley back to Detroit - even with Hudler playing top six forward... :)

Might have been. I wouldn't be surprised if a team that is desperate to hit the cap floor threw him a massive contract. (Edmonton, Florida)

I'm pretty much sure that he was injured vs. Sharks.

That DEF will bring Stanley back to Detroit - even with Hudler playing top six forward... :)

Well, it definitely makes them better defensively than last year. I hope Hudler gets traded before the season, but it's looking more like we are stuck with him and his gross overpayment. But maybe he'll resurge to a 50-60 point player and up his trade value for the deadline. If he doesn't then at least he is a UFA after the season...

Well, it definitely makes them better defensively than last year. I hope Hudler gets traded before the season, but it's looking more like we are stuck with him and his gross overpayment. But maybe he'll resurge to a 50-60 point player and up his trade value for the deadline. If he doesn't then at least he is a UFA after the season...

I wish Hud's all luck, 100 pts season, 50 goals season - but it wan't/can't happen in Detroit (see Leino situation). It's time to move on with Hudler.

Jovo and Montador are capable of cleaning zone in front of Howard - it's huge upgrade over Ericsson/Salei...

I could live with Ehrhoff in a 5-5.7 range. He fills a very similar role and player type to Rafalski, but is younger, less injury prone, and would be slightly cheaper even at the high end of that price. He's a solid young player.

Wiz looks like a great fit on paper. Honestly, there is no one that makes me giddy. I just think we CAN and will sign Wiz. So I am okay with that.

I really wouldn't mind Ehrhoff either. In fact at this point, I will take anyone. Seriously, there are so few left that I just want some bodies. Just make sure we can trade them at the deadline or later if they are worthless.

The cap increase has caused the league to be seriously screwed up this offseason.