• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

I totall agree on this. Smith will be ready next year at the latest. No need for both Hoff and wiz. Richards at 7.2 or lower would bolster our team bigtime. Take some scoring pressure off z and data. The better teams like sj have 3 top guys that makes it impossible to contain everyone all the time, that's why they end up on top IMO.

I'd be alright with Richards, as long as we don't lock ourselves up with a 5 or 6 or 20 year contract. I take it Hudler's the odd man out, in that situation?

He already has a Cup. And though he noted that he only wants to go to a contender, this doesn't mean that he'll need to take less money. There are many contenders in the league who have more than enough cap space to accommodate him.

He said that he hasn't had a 'taste' of the cup for too long, and that it's 'been too long since I've won the Stanley Cup'. So yeah, his main focus is winning the cup again, regardless of whether or not he's won it before. Plus he recently said that he wants to go to a big hockey market because he didn't like walking into the empty seats in Dallas and Tampa. I think Detroit would be a perfect fit for him.

I love Ehrhoff and think he would be a great fit for the team. He's offensively gifted and the only thing I wish he had was a right handed shot. He's got a pretty healthy bill too and that's awfully attractive. Call me superstitious but I feel like Wiz would be injury prone if he came to motown :/

Holland should just re-sign Ericsson and sign UFA Ed Jovanovski and call it a day. Just no NMC so he can use them as trade bait at trade deadline.

Just beef up the top 6 and get a good backup (or maybe Larsson). Wings will just need to win games 5-3, 6-5, 8-6 or whatever... I'm fine with that.

It's like 80's Edmonton all over again. Defense be damned, we'll just score more goals, and hope "Grant Howard" bails us out with a few saves on all the breakaways we give up.

I do actually like the idea of going after Richards. Our offense sure wouldn't suffer from him being here. Maybe go the "affordable" route with defense, maybe Jovo, Montador, and Big Rig. And then go into the season with the idea of making a trade before the deadline for a higher end guy, or someone we would like, long term. Then next summer, try to land the big fish that we will most likely need.

Guest Heaten

It's like 80's Edmonton all over again. Defense be damned, we'll just score more goals, and hope "Grant Howard" bails us out with a few saves on all the breakaways we give up.

I do actually like the idea of going after Richards. Our offense sure wouldn't suffer from him being here. Maybe go the "affordable" route with defense, maybe Jovo, Montador, and Big Rig. And then go into the season with the idea of making a trade before the deadline for a higher end guy, or someone we would like, long term. Then next summer, try to land the big fish that we will most likely need.

Sutter 2012. You heard it first here.

Montador's rights were traded to Chicago for a 7th. I think Chicago signs him.

Guest Crymson

He said that he hasn't had a 'taste' of the cup for too long, and that it's 'been too long since I've won the Stanley Cup'. So yeah, his main focus is winning the cup again, regardless of whether or not he's won it before. Plus he recently said that he wants to go to a big hockey market because he didn't like walking into the empty seats in Dallas and Tampa. I think Detroit would be a perfect fit for him.

There are numerous contenders with lots of cap space, and I guarantee you that many of them will not be expecting him to take any discount.

Sutter 2012. You heard it first here.

If you mean here as in LGW, then yes, I've heard it for like 2 years now. And I fully support that move.

Montador's rights were traded to Chicago for a 7th. I think Chicago signs him.

I read that after I posted. I really hope he doesn't sign, but Chicago definitely needs the help on D. That HJallmarsooonnnnn that they were forced to overpay last summer, really crapped the bed for them this year. I really think that they need a puck mover more than a defensive minded player, that's why I don't quite understand their interest in Monty. But I guess they need some help in their own end too, and Stan got scared so he gave away a pick for 36 hours of negotiations. Go Core.

Good God that's a terrible defense. Stack that up against the teams the Wings would face in the playoffs and they get eaten alive. I never paid attention to Montador, but Jovo isn't going to help this team at all. They really need to get a top end defenseman (not someone like Weber obviously) but not just a spot-filler. Defense was weak last year and it got worse with Rafalski leaving. Yeah, McCrimmon was a big part of that, but we can't count on a new coach improving things without trying to get the best possible defenseman to fill Rafalski's spot.

Guest Hatethedrake!

What does Kenny do now?

:unsure:

Lidstrom-Kaberle

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Jovanovski

Kindl

Guest Heaten

My guess it will be $6 - $6.5 per. Buf are aggressive because they are going all-in for a cup. I don't think that's a wise decision at their current state.