• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

lol here come one of those deals again:

TSNBobMcKenzie Bob McKenzie

Awaiting confirmation on this, but hearing Ehrhoff's deal in Buffalo is 10 years, $40 million. No clue yet on structure within that.

10 years for Ehrhoff :lol: :lol:

Edited by HockeytownRules19

Im really getting nervous now. I really hope Holland has something up his sleeve. He has to right? There is no way he goes for a down year knowing that it is probably Lids last year right?

Yeah, he's not signing any player to a 10-year contract.

Air Hoff ... really? Buffalo for 10 years instead of waiting another day to see what Detroit would offer you ... I'm shocked and speechless. Even your offer from Canucks was better, Bieska money for a shorter term with a hell of a better chance at the Cup than Buffalo. You should fire your agent ... enjoy your decade of oblivion!

Yeah, he's not signing any player to a 10-year contract.

I know that but still we may have to overpay for wis, but imo we need him as i dont want our Rafalski replacement to be Jovo or someone along the lines of that. If all we do is re-up E and sign Jovo we are in big trouble on the back end. But I do trust kenny and believe he will make the right decisions things just feel very uneasy atm with all our potential targets going down like flies

I know that but still we may have to overpay for wis, but imo we need him as i dont want our Rafalski replacement to be Jovo or someone along the lines of that. If all we do is re-up E and sign Jovo we are in big trouble on the back end. But I do trust kenny and believe he will make the right decisions things just feel very uneasy atm with all our potential targets going down like flies

I agree 100 percent. Holland should have pressed the issue more. Especially nowadays with most teams trading picks away for players' rights. Apparently it isn't worth trading your draft picks away because they are the future. Yet, we never know if those players we draft will even become successful NHLers like an Ehrhoff or a Wiz.

Guest Heaten

Yup! Christian Ehrhoff is good player but 10 years :lol:

AS proven today with Kenny Holland saving his 4th round pick; the best trades are no trades. Glad to see he's waiting for July 1st than making dumb decisions that could hurt the future.

I plan on watching Red Wings hockey for the next 60+ years. Not just the 2011/12 season, then finding a new sport. I want this team to be as competitive as long as possible. Giving picks away is the fastest way to ruin a franchise.

Edited by Heaten

I agree 100 percent. Holland should have pressed the issue more. Especially nowadays with most teams trading picks away for players' rights. Apparently it isn't worth trading your draft picks away because they are the future. Yet, we never know if those players we draft will even become successful NHLers like an Ehrhoff or a Wiz.

Ya normally i would be against trading picks for rights, but not so much this year as there is so little to pick from. It would be different if we were talking about a low market non contending team, but we are none of those things. If we had the rights to say Wis i think we would get a better deal then if we have a pick in free agency (if he even gets there). With team needs on defence and so little to pick from you bet guys will get overpayed, but with the rights to one of the top notch d in this ufa crop maybe we could get a much better deal. I guess we will see, but im very nervous

Guest Heaten

How do we even know that draft pick ever pans out? You have got to be kidding me man>

How do you know it doesn't? Why throw a 4th round pick away for nothing and lose that chance of a possible good player? Red Wings have good success in the later rounds. Why give away the future?

Good asset management by Kenny Holland. You gotta give him props for not making a desperate and poor trades.

Edited by Heaten

How do you know it doesn't? Why throw a 4th round pick away for nothing and lose that chance of a possible good pick? Red Wings have good success in the later rounds. Why give away the future?

Good asset management by Kenny Holland. You gotta give him props for not making a desperate and poor trades.

I agree with not giving up the 4th for Hoff as thats just too much and has a legitimate shot to be a good player. But i think if I was Holland I would have gave up the 7th for Wis as I think he would sign with us on a better deal then what he signs for on july 1 or later. (Again if he gets that for) which i hope to god he does