• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

relax people,we have a man to take Rafi's spot and his name is Ericsson :lol:

from HFBoards:

"From July 1st other clubs are allowed to give offers. I'm not worried, things will be solved."

"I would've hoped to take his spot(Rafalski's), but they've told me they're looking for a new defenceman there."

"I'm happy in Detroit and wouldn't mind staying. In the contract negotiations we've had, we've been talking about terms of two or four years. We'll see how it goes"

http://www.nt.se/nyheter/artikel.aspx?articleid=6959314

How do you know it doesn't? Why throw a 4th round pick away for nothing and lose that chance of a possible good player? Red Wings have good success in the later rounds. Why give away the future?

Good asset management by Kenny Holland. You gotta give him props for not making a desperate and poor trades.

Trading a 4th round for the rights to a player who's young and fits into your team going forward is desperate and poor? Stop sipping the kool-aid. These are low risk high reward deals, it's not like there trading 1sts for rights.

And just for the record, I didn't want anything to do with Ehrhoff and am glad he won't be coming to Detroit

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

via @TSNBobMcKenzie

Ehrhoff deal breakdown: 10 Years // $40 Million:

Year 1: $8M signing bonus, $2M salary;

Year 2: $5M SB, $3M sal. That's $18M in 1st 2 yrs, or $15M before puck drops on 12-13 season.

Year 3: $4M; Year 4: $4M, Year 5: $4M; Year 6: $4M; Year 7: $3M; Year 8; $1M; Year 9: $1M, Year 10: $1M. Modified NTC. Cap hit=$4M/yr.

Do you think this looks like a contract that's going to get a good hard look from the league?

Edited by e_prime

via @TSNBobMcKenzie

Year 2: $5M SB, $3M sal. That's $18M in 1st 2 yrs, or $15M before puck drops on 12-13 season.

Year 3: $4M; Year 4: $4M, Year 5: $4M; Year 6: $4M; Year 7: $3M; Year 8; $1M; Year 9: $1M, Year 10: $1M. Modified NTC. Cap hit=$4M/yr.

This looks like a contract that's going to get a good hard look from the league.

Dude that's insane

Ehrhoff agrees to terms with Buffalo per TSN. Is Wiz the only one left? If he signs with bj's then I guess its ericsson and kaberle or jovo....

Pitkanen.

As for Ehrhoff's deal, my thought is this:

I wouldn't have liked Holland signing another 10-year deal in general, but Ehrhoff's cap hit is well below his market value if it's the reported $40m over 10 years. That would have been an excellent deal for the Wings' current situation; Ehrhoff plays his prime out under value, and then retires before the end of his deal. It would also have left enough cap space to still go after other higher-end free agents.

Guest Heaten

Trading a 4th round for the rights to a player who's young and fits into your team going forward is desperate and poor? Stop sipping the kool-aid. These are low risk high reward deals, it's not like there trading 1sts for rights.

And just for the record, I didn't want anything to do with Ehrhoff and am glad he won't be coming to Detroit

Wait, so you are saying Holland should have given up a 4th round pick for a guy you didn't want to play for Detroit anyhow? That makes a lot of sense! Who's sipping the 'ol kool-aid?

Kenny just saved a 4th round draft pick, how can you not be happy with that?

via @TSNBobMcKenzie

Do you think this looks like a contract that's going to get a good hard look from the league?

I wouldn't mind seeing it get thrown out, and Holland pulling Ehrhoff out of Buffalo.

Wait, so you are saying Holland should have given up a 4th round pick for a guy you didn't want to play for Detroit anyhow? That makes a lot of sense! Who's sipping the 'ol kool-aid?

Kenny just saved a 4th round draft pick, how can you not be happy with that?

I was talking about Buffalo.. obviously because that was the topic at hand. But nice try :D

I'm glad Holland saves draft picks, and like I said, I didnt want Ehrhoff. However, trading a 4th round pick for a players rights is not mortgaging the future, or desperate or poor at all. Especially when the player you acquire is young and actually signs with your team. (Then there;s Garth Snow who trades picks for players he'd have to be crazy to think would sign with his team, lets just be glad he isn't our GM :hehe: )

Good point,but the majority of us remember how we got screwed with a pick in Robert Lang trade :scared:

Guest Heaten

I was talking about Buffalo.. obviously because that was the topic at hand. But nice try :D

I'm glad Holland saves draft picks, and like I said, I didnt want Ehrhoff. However, trading a 4th round pick for a players rights is not mortgaging the future, or desperate or poor at all. Especially when the player you acquire is young and actually signs with your team. (Then there;s Garth Snow who trades picks for players he'd have to be crazy to think would sign with his team, lets just be glad he isn't our GM :hehe: )

You must have accidentally quoted my post because I was in a conversation with another member about DRWs 4th round pick. The convo were were having was about 'Detroit's needs', who already have bunch of LTCs. It's fine for Buff because they don't have the contracts like Zetterberg/Franzen etc...

I'd be fine if Holland gave up a 4th round pick for Suter or Weber next year, though.

You must have accidentally quoted my post because I was in a conversation with another member about DRWs 4th round pick. The convo were were having was about 'Detroit's needs', who already have bunch of LTCs. It's fine for Buff because they don't have the contracts like Zetterberg/Franzen etc...

I'd be fine if Holland gave up a 4th round pick for Suter or Weber next year, though.

I doubt there's a person on this forum who'd disagree with that :thumbup:

Guest Heaten

Well, you can't give up hope on a big name trade just yet. A story broke (heard by several dozen Flames' fans) on a local Calgary news radio station that Bouwmeester was asked to waive his NTC. I wonder if Holland has something up his sleeve??

via @TSNBobMcKenzie

According to Bob McKenzie on Twitter (Just added him as a follower) it is a valid deal.

Edited by IllinoisRedWingsFan

According to Bob McKenzie on Twitter (Just added him as a follower) it is a valid deal.

I don't think that's the question that was being asked. However, McKenzie is incorrect as there is a $13m signing bonus spread over two seasons, and the maximum signing bonus is 10% of the player's salary in the specific year it is paid. Meaning that the most it could possibly be is $4m, and the most it could be based on those $2m and $3m figures for the first two seasons would make it a total of $500k signing bonus. Not $13m.

Holland is more likely to pick up Weber or Suter at the end of February 2012 than at the end of June 2012.

Guest CaliWingsNut

Why the f*** can't the NHL do anything officially? I went to NHL.com and all they got on this is a news article stating the it's a "reported" 10 year contract.

Why aren't they just straight up listing approved trades and signings? They all have to fit into the CBA...

Why the f*** can't the NHL do anything officially? I went to NHL.com and all they got on this is a news article stating the it's a "reported" 10 year contract.

Why aren't they just straight up listing approved trades and signings? They all have to fit into the CBA...

Perhaps the contract has yet to be filed and/or approved?