• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#181 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:34 AM

It's like 80's Edmonton all over again. Defense be damned, we'll just score more goals, and hope "Grant Howard" bails us out with a few saves on all the breakaways we give up.

I do actually like the idea of going after Richards. Our offense sure wouldn't suffer from him being here. Maybe go the "affordable" route with defense, maybe Jovo, Montador, and Big Rig. And then go into the season with the idea of making a trade before the deadline for a higher end guy, or someone we would like, long term. Then next summer, try to land the big fish that we will most likely need.

Sutter 2012. You heard it first here.

Montador's rights were traded to Chicago for a 7th. I think Chicago signs him.

#182 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

He said that he hasn't had a 'taste' of the cup for too long, and that it's 'been too long since I've won the Stanley Cup'. So yeah, his main focus is winning the cup again, regardless of whether or not he's won it before. Plus he recently said that he wants to go to a big hockey market because he didn't like walking into the empty seats in Dallas and Tampa. I think Detroit would be a perfect fit for him.

There are numerous contenders with lots of cap space, and I guarantee you that many of them will not be expecting him to take any discount.

#183 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:16 AM

Sutter 2012. You heard it first here.

If you mean here as in LGW, then yes, I've heard it for like 2 years now. And I fully support that move.

Montador's rights were traded to Chicago for a 7th. I think Chicago signs him.

I read that after I posted. I really hope he doesn't sign, but Chicago definitely needs the help on D. That HJallmarsooonnnnn that they were forced to overpay last summer, really crapped the bed for them this year. I really think that they need a puck mover more than a defensive minded player, that's why I don't quite understand their interest in Monty. But I guess they need some help in their own end too, and Stan got scared so he gave away a pick for 36 hours of negotiations. Go Core.

#184 Bannedforlife

Bannedforlife

In heaven, everything is fine.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 804 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:58 AM

There are numerous contenders with lots of cap space, and I guarantee you that many of them will not be expecting him to take any discount.

Such as?

Edited by Bannedforlife, 30 June 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#185 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:46 AM

It's like 80's Edmonton all over again. Defense be damned, we'll just score more goals, and hope "Grant Howard" bails us out with a few saves on all the breakaways we give up.

I do actually like the idea of going after Richards. Our offense sure wouldn't suffer from him being here. Maybe go the "affordable" route with defense, maybe Jovo, Montador, and Big Rig. And then go into the season with the idea of making a trade before the deadline for a higher end guy, or someone we would like, long term. Then next summer, try to land the big fish that we will most likely need.

Good God that's a terrible defense. Stack that up against the teams the Wings would face in the playoffs and they get eaten alive. I never paid attention to Montador, but Jovo isn't going to help this team at all. They really need to get a top end defenseman (not someone like Weber obviously) but not just a spot-filler. Defense was weak last year and it got worse with Rafalski leaving. Yeah, McCrimmon was a big part of that, but we can't count on a new coach improving things without trying to get the best possible defenseman to fill Rafalski's spot.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#186 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

Sources: Sabres have reached a contract with Christian Ehrhoff

Well, I don't know how reliable this is.
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#187 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:07 PM

Sources: Sabres have reached a contract with Christian Ehrhoff

Well, I don't know how reliable this is.

It's likely reliable. Expect Eklund to rip it off as his own within the next hour.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#188 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:11 PM

Bob McKenzie believes it to be true.

#189 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,042 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:13 PM

Buffalo are going to be a team on the rise next season, I don't believe Richards will sign there though. Maybe add Drury and another winger and that'll be it for them.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 30 June 2011 - 04:13 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#190 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:15 PM

Uh oh :(

Posted Image

#191 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

What does Kenny do now?
:unsure:
Lidstrom-Kaberle
Kronwall-Stuart
Ericsson-Jovanovski
Kindl
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#192 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Looks like another one bites the dust. Can you say babchuk!

#193 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:18 PM

Bob McKenzie believes it to be true.

Bob McKenzie believes a lot of things.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#194 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:26 PM

My guess it will be $6 - $6.5 per. Buf are aggressive because they are going all-in for a cup. I don't think that's a wise decision at their current state.

#195 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:27 PM

This is the lamest system ever. If I was in on the CBA I would stop this trading rights bs.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#196 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:33 PM

Bob McKenzie believes a lot of things.

McKenzie is pretty solid with his tweets. He takes it seriously. He doesn't like to spout off just to spout off.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#197 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:38 PM

HockeyBreak Hockey Break
Christian Ehrhoff deal essentially done, hearing around a 5.3M cap hit, multi year deal.

Good Deal for Buffalo if true

#198 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:48 PM

@NHLNSider James Jackson Buffalo signs Christian Ehrhoff.

#199 Tim.D

Tim.D

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:56 PM

hearing upper $5M w/ multi years.

#200 Reilly

Reilly

Winning debates all across LGW.com

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,483 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:57 PM

Whoever Detroit signs, it needs to be a short-term contract. Wis is ok, but don't lock him up for 4+ years.