• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#41 Bryguy

Bryguy

Zata

• PipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:07 PM

doubtful on wiz or erhoff... Just not seeing winds pull through..sad thing other teams would prolly offer more than wrongs can afford..columbus is looking for d also..more money than wings to throw around...

I agree i think some of those desperate teams or teams that need to get to the cap floor are going to send some dumb contracts out there, holland isnt gonna overpay for anyone even if they have the money to do so.

Im totally preparing myself for the wings not getting anyone we thought they may, and sadly i think jovo might land here. Which sucks IMO.

#42 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

give me...

Lidstrom, Wisniewski
Kronwall, Ehrhoff
Stuart, Kindl
Janik

boom. :thumbup:

you dirty bastard! haha

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#43 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:10 PM

I agree i think some of those desperate teams or teams that need to get to the cap floor are going to send some dumb contracts out there, holland isnt gonna overpay for anyone even if they have the money to do so.

Im totally preparing myself for the wings not getting anyone we thought they may, and sadly i think jovo might land here. Which sucks IMO.

Eh, I think Jovo will do fine here as long as he is replacing Salei's spot and nothing higher. He could actually play better here, in my opinion. Phoenix was good, but not THAT good.

#44 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Question of the day:

Ehrhoff or Wizzy?

We can only get one.

Hands down, no question, no doubt, James Wisniewski. Period. Done. Over.

Laugh it up, delete it all, I'll be laughing when it happens! -4/17/14

Money on the board: $30.00 plus immunity.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#45 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:11 PM

Can we please not have micromanaging coming form a non-mod... :P

I will make no promises!

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#46 rrasco

rrasco

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:22 PM

I can't stand Jovo, especially after that bulls*** he pulled in the playoffs with Helm. f*** that old man.

Kronwalled.net - Keep Yer Head up Kid

MONEY ON THE BOARD: $10/Kronwalling, $1/goal by: Nyquist, Tatar, Jurco, Sheahan, Glendening, Andersson, Dekeyser, Pulkinnen, Ouellet, or Sproul.  2X MULTIPLIER: Glendening.  MOTB TOTAL: $0

#47 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:25 PM

If Ehrhoff turned down "Bieska" money, then he wants way more than I would pay him. Give me my original lineup:

Kronwall Stuart
Lidstrom Wisniewski ($5M 4-5yrs))
Jovanovski($3M 1 yr) Montador ($2M 2yrs)
Kindl

(like I said in another thread if Holland is going to re-sign Ericsson, then fine, put him in place of Jovo or Montador. But that lineup is my preference. That leaves Holland $6M dollars to shore up the offense.)

I would say, no thanks to Ehroff, unless we cannot get Wisniewski...

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#48 kingzetter

kingzetter

Prospect

• 38 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:30 PM

Eh, I think Jovo will do fine here as long as he is replacing Salei's spot and nothing higher. He could actually play better here, in my opinion. Phoenix was good, but not THAT good.

Never thought ofthat one jovo replacing salei...interesting..prolly wants big dollars tho...his name alone..

That's my big fear..

#49 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:40 PM

Stick to Wisniewski to take Rafalski's spot. Ehrhoff had a mediocre finals at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he was grossly overpaid (Edmonton).

I wouldn't be overly upset if Jovanovski replaced Salei, although i'd like to see us get younger. What are everyone's thoughts on Kent Huskins?
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#50 Datsyukian-Deke

Datsyukian-Deke

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:54 PM

Stop worrying about getting a forward since we already had one of the best offenses last year and sign them both!

#51 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:06 PM

Why does everyone want Wiz? The guy has had one good year, everything else sub par. Ehrhoff is the much more offensively gifted and consistent defenseman.

Stick to Wisniewski to take Rafalski's spot. Ehrhoff had a mediocre finals at best. Wouldn't be surprised if he was grossly overpaid (Edmonton).

I wouldn't be overly upset if Jovanovski replaced Salei, although i'd like to see us get younger. What are everyone's thoughts on Kent Huskins?

Yeah, Ehrhoff had a s***ty finals. Put up 14 goals two years in a row and a catalist to Vancouers PP. Let's not bring up how Wiz has sucked every year before the last, tho. Oh wait, he's gritty tho.

Posted Image

#52 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:52 PM

Is Erhoff a diver like the rest of the Canucks?

#53 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 04:55 PM

Never thought ofthat one jovo replacing salei...interesting..prolly wants big dollars tho...his name alone..

That's my big fear..

There is also the possibility that Jovo comes here to play with Bertuzzi, remember the two are close friends. Bert could sell him on coming in and also I could see them offering Jovo a bert-like contract.

#54 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

If Ehrhoff turned down "Bieska" money, then he wants way more than I would pay him. Give me my original lineup:

Kronwall Stuart
Lidstrom Wisniewski ($5M 4-5yrs))
Jovanovski($3M 1 yr) Montador ($2M 2yrs)
Kindl

(like I said in another thread if Holland is going to re-sign Ericsson, then fine, put him in place of Jovo or Montador. But that lineup is my preference. That leaves Holland $6M dollars to shore up the offense.)

I would say, no thanks to Ehroff, unless we cannot get Wisniewski...

Why is Jovo worth $3mil?

#55 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Why does everyone want Wiz? The guy has had one good year, everything else sub par. Ehrhoff is the much more offensively gifted and consistent defenseman.

Yeah, Ehrhoff had a s***ty finals. Put up 14 goals two years in a row and a catalist to Vancouers PP. Let's not bring up how Wiz has sucked every year before the last, tho. Oh wait, he's gritty tho.

Ehrhoff is a carbon copy of what we already have in most of our D...puck moving, offensive defensemen. Wisniewski not only brings some offense to the team as well, but he also fills two voids we don't have, a right handed shot on D and yes, toughness. I am not saying one is that much better than the other, but Wisniewski, even if he doesn't net 51 points again, fills more of our voids. This is Kronwall's year to get 60+ points, he is going to have to show he can "replace" Lidstrom one of these years, so with Rafalski gone, this year should be his year. If not, then Suter is on the horizon.

Nobody is afraid of Lidstrom/Kronwall/Ehrhoff/Kindl/Ericsson/Stuart. But make it Lidstrom/Kronwall/Wiz/Montador/Jovo/Stuart/Kindl, folks will have their heads up for sure. AND we will still get out points from LIds/Kron/Wiz....

If Holland lands both? Super! but first priority should be Wiz...

Why is Jovo worth $3mil?

Why not? He made over $6M last year, his game hasn't fallen apart that much. If he came here for less, great! Considering that his career is waning and he hasn't won a Cup yet, he is probably looking to go somewhere that has a legit shot at winning the Cup and there are only a few places that are legit contenders. Detroit being one of them, but he will probably get even higher offers from other teams, so I put him at $3M.

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#56 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:13 PM

Ehrhoff is a carbon copy of what we already have in most of our D...puck moving, offensive defensemen. Wisniewski not only brings some offense to the team as well, but he also fills two voids we don't have, a right handed shot on D and yes, toughness. I am not saying one is that much better than the other, but Wisniewski, even if he doesn't net 51 points again, fills more of our voids. This is Kronwall's year to get 60+ points, he is going to have to show he can "replace" Lidstrom one of these years, so with Rafalski gone, this year should be his year. If not, then Suter is on the horizon.

Nobody is afraid of Lidstrom/Kronwall/Ehrhoff/Kindl/Ericsson/Stuart. But make it Lidstrom/Kronwall/Wiz/Montador/Jovo/Stuart/Kindl, folks will have their heads up for sure. AND we will still get out points from LIds/Kron/Wiz....

If Holland lands both? Super! but first priority should be Wiz...

Why?

When's the last time Kronwall hit someone in the regular season? Same goes for Stuart. Who are Lidstrom and Kindl going to hit? Jovo is too slow to hit anyone. Wiz is basically the only guy who consistently throws his weight around.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#57 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:18 PM

Hitting and fighting is yucky and rude, I know. How has Wisniewski "sucked"? 51 points in 75 games this past season. He broke into the league with the Blackhawks, so of course his numbers early in his career won't be stellar. Ehrhoff already rejected a Bieksa-like contract. How much does he think he's worth? Bieksa is making a shade under 5 mil a year.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#58 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

• Silver Booster
  • 8,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:23 PM

Why?

When's the last time Kronwall hit someone in the regular season? Same goes for Stuart. Who are Lidstrom and Kindl going to hit? Jovo is too slow to hit anyone. Wiz is basically the only guy who consistently throws his weight around.

Fetisov was slow too, he seemed to hit folks just fine. Kronner and Stuart hit plenty in the regular season, not a ton, not as much as they should, but more than Ericsson and Ehrhoff do. Wiz will be the main hitter and Montador doens't pass on a check either. The only one who won't be doing any hitting is Lidstrom...

Franzen = 1.00 PPG

#59 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

I might be wrong but Ehroff was injured (knee and shoulder) during the playoffs...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#60 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,538 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 05:47 PM

I might be wrong but Ehroff was injured (knee and shoulder) during the playoffs...

Might have been. I wouldn't be surprised if a team that is desperate to hit the cap floor threw him a massive contract. (Edmonton, Florida)

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien