• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Travis

Ehrhoff's rights traded to NYI, then traded to Buffalo

Rate this topic

Ehrrhoff is like that ugly chick everyone wants to go home with, just because there's no other girls left at the bar at closing time.

This guy is getting way too much hype.

He's like the fat chick that wears skimpy little clothes because she thinks she's so hot, she doesn't realize she's 350 pounds and only the desperate 60 year olds would hit that.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Ehrrhoff is like that ugly chick everyone wants to go home with, just because there's no other girls left at the bar at closing time.

This guy is getting way too much hype.

:lol: That's the best comparison I've ever heard. And so true, Ehrhoff is the best offensive d-man of an incredibly weak crop. The real kicker for me is Rafalski was grittier then he is.. :ph34r:

This is interesting:

Murph_on_sports Murph on sports

Spoke with Ehrhoff's agent--he says no salary numbers discussed yet with Sabres. Says Ehrhoff is in Germany and unaware of Sabres deal.

Could be great news for teams like us because it looks like Ehrhoff didn't sign off on this deal either.

Overrated as of right now, sure...Still better then Wiz.

He was money in the first two rounds until he seperated his shoulder against San Jose.

First, he was never better than ordinary, and second, we don't need a guy coming off a separated shoulder.

He doesn't give us anything we don't already have, while Wiz does. Wiz is a right handed shot, and is physical and gritty. Ehroff is a poor man's Kronwall.

That's the important thing in all this.

First, he was never better than ordinary, and second, we don't need a guy coming off a separated shoulder.

He doesn't give us anything we don't already have, while Wiz does. Wiz is a right handed shot, and is physical and gritty. Ehroff is a poor man's Kronwall.

That's the important thing in all this.

I agree on the right and shot, and sure Wiz is gritty but also pretty bad in the defensive end. Ehrhoff while not stellar is a great first pass defenceman similar to rafalski and can quarterback a pp. Can skate like the wind, and yes maybe is very similar to Kronwall which isn't a bad thing. All i'm saying is Ehrhoff in my mind is the best D out there right now.

I agree on the right and shot, and sure Wiz is gritty but also pretty bad in the defensive end. Ehrhoff while not stellar is a great first pass defenceman similar to rafalski and can quarterback a pp. Can skate like the wind, and yes maybe is very similar to Kronwall which isn't a bad thing. All i'm saying is Ehrhoff in my mind is the best D out there right now.

Have said it before, but it would bear repeating at this point to quell the hype that surrounds a Stanley Cup Finalist whose rights are being traded around like a two dollar *****:

I would take Ian White at a more affordable price over Ehrhoff.

I think he has more to prove and is worth the investment. Ehrhoff seems bent on a pay day over winning.

Just not enamored to that sentiment. Call me crazy.

More Eklund Speculation:

Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund

OK...rare I go out on a limb like this...but I was told Ehrhoff is not in the Red Wings plans. At all.

Ignoring for a second that Eklund is full of crap...

I really feel (and have for some time) that the Wings are likely going to get a top 4 d through trade. Holland won't overpay, and there's only 3 or 4 free agents that could fill a top 4 roll, all of who will want a lot. Regardless of the fact that Wiz is a pretty solid defender, he is NOT worth the 5-5.5m I'm guessing he'll get on the market. He's just the flavor of the day on LGW. Similarly, Ehrhoff isn't worth the 6+ he'll probably end up with from somebody.

We know that Holland will get a top 4 d...he always ensures that the Wings are a contender, and with our current d we clearly are not. We'll likely be saying goodbye to some picks/prospects and quite possibly Filppula (or hopefully Hudler, but that's wishful thinking).

Guest Heaten

Holland should just re-sign Ericsson and sign UFA Ed Jovanovski and call it a day. Just no NMC so he can use them as trade bait at trade deadline.

Just beef up the top 6 and get a good backup (or maybe Larsson). Wings will just need to win games 5-3, 6-5, 8-6 or whatever... I'm fine with that.

Edited by Heaten

I know I'll get flak for this...but why not go for Richards? Ask him to take a little less money than what he could get from Toronto or NYR for a chance at the Cup. He's already said that his biggest consideration is being on a contender, so it's worth a shot.

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

Guest Crymson

I know I'll get flak for this...but why not go for Richards? Ask him to take a little less money than what he could get from Toronto or NYR for a chance at the Cup. He's already said that his biggest consideration is being on a contender, so it's worth a shot.

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

He already has a Cup. And though he noted that he only wants to go to a contender, this doesn't mean that he'll need to take less money. There are many contenders in the league who have more than enough cap space to accommodate him.

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a

backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

I totall agree on this. Smith will be ready next year at the latest. No need for both Hoff and wiz. Richards at 7.2 or lower would bolster our team bigtime. Take some scoring pressure off z and data. The better teams like sj have 3 top guys that makes it impossible to contain everyone all the time, that's why they end up on top IMO.