• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#161 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,724 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Overrated as of right now, sure...Still better then Wiz.

He was money in the first two rounds until he seperated his shoulder against San Jose.

First, he was never better than ordinary, and second, we don't need a guy coming off a separated shoulder.

He doesn't give us anything we don't already have, while Wiz does. Wiz is a right handed shot, and is physical and gritty. Ehroff is a poor man's Kronwall.

That's the important thing in all this.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#162 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:22 PM

What did Airhead supply during Vancouver's (almost) Cup run?

Still like Errorhoff... or just "the Hoff," better than that GMR. ...but, it'll do for the time being. :cool:
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#163 10 Minute Misconduct

10 Minute Misconduct

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,551 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

First, he was never better than ordinary, and second, we don't need a guy coming off a separated shoulder.

He doesn't give us anything we don't already have, while Wiz does. Wiz is a right handed shot, and is physical and gritty. Ehroff is a poor man's Kronwall.

That's the important thing in all this.

I agree on the right and shot, and sure Wiz is gritty but also pretty bad in the defensive end. Ehrhoff while not stellar is a great first pass defenceman similar to rafalski and can quarterback a pp. Can skate like the wind, and yes maybe is very similar to Kronwall which isn't a bad thing. All i'm saying is Ehrhoff in my mind is the best D out there right now.

Posted Image

#164 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

I agree on the right and shot, and sure Wiz is gritty but also pretty bad in the defensive end. Ehrhoff while not stellar is a great first pass defenceman similar to rafalski and can quarterback a pp. Can skate like the wind, and yes maybe is very similar to Kronwall which isn't a bad thing. All i'm saying is Ehrhoff in my mind is the best D out there right now.

Have said it before, but it would bear repeating at this point to quell the hype that surrounds a Stanley Cup Finalist whose rights are being traded around like a two dollar *****:

I would take Ian White at a more affordable price over Ehrhoff.

I think he has more to prove and is worth the investment. Ehrhoff seems bent on a pay day over winning.
Just not enamored to that sentiment. Call me crazy.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#165 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:38 PM

More Eklund Speculation:

Eklund Hockey Buzz Eklund
OK...rare I go out on a limb like this...but I was told Ehrhoff is not in the Red Wings plans. At all.

#166 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

More Eklund Speculation:

OK...rare I go out on a limb like this...but I was told Ehrhoff is not in the Red Wings plans. At all.

Meaning Kenny will sign him on 7/1.

God damn it.
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#167 HockeytownRules19

HockeytownRules19

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Meaning Kenny will sign him on 7/1.

God damn it.

lol... I actually hope we sign him if CBJ signs Wiz

#168 deltawing

deltawing

GO RED WINGS!

• Gold Booster
  • 153 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:41 PM

Sign both!

#swag
Sergeant Rathbun - USMC
Operation Iraqi Freedom 05-07 Oct 06 - Apr 07
http://www.last.fm/user/deltawing12

#169 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:42 PM

lol... I actually hope we sign him if CBJ signs Wiz

Hopefully Wiz realizes he's got a much better chance to win a cup here.

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#170 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:43 PM

More Eklund Speculation:

hahaha

#171 martyrme19

martyrme19

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

I would rather us not sign either player and not handcuff us to a bad contract for years to come. Sometimes its the moves you don't make.....
Just for the record, the weather today is slightly sarcastic with a good chance of rain.

#172 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:47 PM

More Eklund Speculation:

Ignoring for a second that Eklund is full of crap...

I really feel (and have for some time) that the Wings are likely going to get a top 4 d through trade. Holland won't overpay, and there's only 3 or 4 free agents that could fill a top 4 roll, all of who will want a lot. Regardless of the fact that Wiz is a pretty solid defender, he is NOT worth the 5-5.5m I'm guessing he'll get on the market. He's just the flavor of the day on LGW. Similarly, Ehrhoff isn't worth the 6+ he'll probably end up with from somebody.

We know that Holland will get a top 4 d...he always ensures that the Wings are a contender, and with our current d we clearly are not. We'll likely be saying goodbye to some picks/prospects and quite possibly Filppula (or hopefully Hudler, but that's wishful thinking).

#173 Heaten

Heaten

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,639 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:01 PM

Holland should just re-sign Ericsson and sign UFA Ed Jovanovski and call it a day. Just no NMC so he can use them as trade bait at trade deadline.

Just beef up the top 6 and get a good backup (or maybe Larsson). Wings will just need to win games 5-3, 6-5, 8-6 or whatever... I'm fine with that.

Edited by Heaten, 29 June 2011 - 09:02 PM.

#174 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:44 PM

I know I'll get flak for this...but why not go for Richards? Ask him to take a little less money than what he could get from Toronto or NYR for a chance at the Cup. He's already said that his biggest consideration is being on a contender, so it's worth a shot.

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

#175 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

I know I'll get flak for this...but why not go for Richards? Ask him to take a little less money than what he could get from Toronto or NYR for a chance at the Cup. He's already said that his biggest consideration is being on a contender, so it's worth a shot.

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

He already has a Cup. And though he noted that he only wants to go to a contender, this doesn't mean that he'll need to take less money. There are many contenders in the league who have more than enough cap space to accommodate him.

#176 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:50 PM

6-7M for Richards, 5M for Wisniewski/Ehrhoff, 1M for a
backup goalie. I think it's worth it.

I totall agree on this. Smith will be ready next year at the latest. No need for both Hoff and wiz. Richards at 7.2 or lower would bolster our team bigtime. Take some scoring pressure off z and data. The better teams like sj have 3 top guys that makes it impossible to contain everyone all the time, that's why they end up on top IMO.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#177 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,689 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

I totall agree on this. Smith will be ready next year at the latest. No need for both Hoff and wiz. Richards at 7.2 or lower would bolster our team bigtime. Take some scoring pressure off z and data. The better teams like sj have 3 top guys that makes it impossible to contain everyone all the time, that's why they end up on top IMO.

I'd be alright with Richards, as long as we don't lock ourselves up with a 5 or 6 or 20 year contract. I take it Hudler's the odd man out, in that situation?

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#178 DatsyukianDangles122

DatsyukianDangles122

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:56 PM

He already has a Cup. And though he noted that he only wants to go to a contender, this doesn't mean that he'll need to take less money. There are many contenders in the league who have more than enough cap space to accommodate him.

He said that he hasn't had a 'taste' of the cup for too long, and that it's 'been too long since I've won the Stanley Cup'. So yeah, his main focus is winning the cup again, regardless of whether or not he's won it before. Plus he recently said that he wants to go to a big hockey market because he didn't like walking into the empty seats in Dallas and Tampa. I think Detroit would be a perfect fit for him.

#179 PaZel

PaZel

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 12:49 AM

I love Ehrhoff and think he would be a great fit for the team. He's offensively gifted and the only thing I wish he had was a right handed shot. He's got a pretty healthy bill too and that's awfully attractive. Call me superstitious but I feel like Wiz would be injury prone if he came to motown :/
"I didn't know the draft was in alphabetical order." - Henrik Zetterberg

#180 BigWillieStyle

BigWillieStyle

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:18 AM

Holland should just re-sign Ericsson and sign UFA Ed Jovanovski and call it a day. Just no NMC so he can use them as trade bait at trade deadline.

Just beef up the top 6 and get a good backup (or maybe Larsson). Wings will just need to win games 5-3, 6-5, 8-6 or whatever... I'm fine with that.

It's like 80's Edmonton all over again. Defense be damned, we'll just score more goals, and hope "Grant Howard" bails us out with a few saves on all the breakaways we give up.

I do actually like the idea of going after Richards. Our offense sure wouldn't suffer from him being here. Maybe go the "affordable" route with defense, maybe Jovo, Montador, and Big Rig. And then go into the season with the idea of making a trade before the deadline for a higher end guy, or someone we would like, long term. Then next summer, try to land the big fish that we will most likely need.