• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Stamkos Re-Signs With Lightning

Rate this topic

Yeah, Tampa would have to be nuts to let him walk. They've got $21 million to spend, obviously Yzerman isn't going to handcuff himself; but he's not letting the franchise out the door.

I never heard that, my bad, why isn't he though, I thought he was a RFA?

He doesn't have enough experience. Players signing their Entry-Level Contract before the age of 20 need four years of experience before they can be eligible for arbitration.

The Islanders should offer Stamkos a 200 million dollar 20 year contract. :thumbup:

Would he sign it? He'd be signing away his chance at a Cup but on the other hand it's two hundred ******* million dollars (and his agent would probably force him to sign it at knife point just for the commission).

The Islanders should offer Stamkos a 200 million dollar 20 year contract. :thumbup:

Would he sign it? He'd be signing away his chance at a Cup but on the other hand it's two hundred ******* million dollars (and his agent would probably force him to sign it at knife point just for the commission).

LOL the Islanders are already on the hook with Rick DiPietro's 15-year, $67.5 million.

Mike Brophy of Rogers Sportsnet believes Stamkos has re-signed in Tampa Bay for a cap hit in neighbourhood of $7-7.5 million per year.

I got that on my twitter feed too but I'm a bit put off since it Erik Erlendsson (the big twitter guy for Lightning coverage) mentioned earlier today that Stamkos and Yzerman's camp would be meeting tomorrow instead of today.

LOL the Islanders are already on the hook with Rick DiPietro's 15-year, $67.5 million.

Exactly! If there's one thing the Garth Snow school of management's taught us it's: keep plugging away withe same methods until it works!

Go Islanders!

Ya...I saw it on my twit account as well.

I got that on my twitter feed too but I'm a bit put off since it Erik Erlendsson (the big twitter guy for Lightning coverage) mentioned earlier today that Stamkos and Yzerman's camp would be meeting tomorrow instead of today.

Exactly! If there's one thing the Garth Snow school of management's taught us it's: keep plugging away withe same methods until it works!

Go Islanders!

LOL ain't that the truth...

Stevie's still a Wing at heart. He's gonna sign Stamkos for 7mil/yr and then flip him to us for Hudler, the rights to Ericsson. Get R Done Kenny :ph34r:

LMAO Kenny is tight with his money. You guys would have to dump some serious salary to even be in the Stamkos lottery.

With Savard on the shelf my B's have over 20 mill in cap space...Chiarelli should go after Stamkos.

LMAO Kenny is tight with his money. You guys would have to dump some serious salary to even be in the Stamkos lottery.

The Wings have less than 50 mil in salary on the roster right now. ;)

Kenny will spend as much as he needs too... he's just good at convincing people to take less than market value to play for the Wings.

I'll come right out and say this now-- I'm willing to play for the Wings for less than the league minimum. Indeed, I'll do it for $50,000 Canadian a year. Give me a ring Kenny!

The Wings have less than 50 mil in salary on the roster right now. ;)

Kenny will spend as much as he needs too... he's just good at convincing people to take less than market value to play for the Wings.

I'll come right out and say this now-- I'm willing to play for the Wings for less than the league minimum. Indeed, I'll do it for $50,000 Canadian a year. Give me a ring Kenny!

I'll take only $250 a year, AND work at Little Caesar's on the side!

GET R DONE KENNY!

With Savard on the shelf my B's have over 20 mill in cap space...Chiarelli should go after Stamkos.

I'm just joshin', I know we have no chance at Stamkos. Would be awesome though, plus it'd be nice if Hudler was traded :)

Good sign for Yzerman's management style. Most GM's would pay whatever for their superstar to stay. Yzerman showed his strength by not caving to his youthful super talent right off the bat. Ballsy of him, but sounds like it worked.