• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Stamkos Re-Signs With Lightning

Rate this topic

Guest Shoreline

Whattttt ifff Yzerman lets him go to Detroit thru offer sheet then when his contact is up comes to Detroit ahah! bbbaaammm.

They wouldn't be happy.

What are the odds that the Wings finish low and give them good picks?

If they want any team to ever get an offer sheet, it's probably Edmonton.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Jiri Hudler is becoming the next Kevin Bacon. You can talk about any movie and eventually get to Kevin Bacon by association. Like for example...The Bruins won the Stanley Cup led by Tim Thomas who is from Michigan which is where the Wings play and they have a player named Jiri Hudler. Or...The Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup due mainly because their goalie Luongo sucks. Luongo once played for Florida who has a player named Shawn Matthias. Matthias was traded for Todd Bertuzzi who plays for the Red Wings and is teammates with Jiri Hudler.

‎"@MikeColligan: Steven Stamkos free to negotiate offer sheets; salary cap and #TBLightning financial situation could be factors http://t.co/KVkCynL #NHL".

I think thats likely just looking for some extra hits to their website.. No new information at all.. just overstating the fact that he is able to negotiate an offersheet.. which goes for every RFA in a similar situation.

Jiri Hudler is becoming the next Kevin Bacon. You can talk about any movie and eventually get to Kevin Bacon by association. Like for example...The Bruins won the Stanley Cup led by Tim Thomas who is from Michigan which is where the Wings play and they have a player named Jiri Hudler. Or...The Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup due mainly because their goalie Luongo sucks. Luongo once played for Florida who has a player named Shawn Matthias. Matthias was traded for Todd Bertuzzi who plays for the Red Wings and is teammates with Jiri Hudler.

It's called 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon - MuchMusic (the Canadian equivalent to MTV) used to do it on tv all the time. Pick any Kevin Bacon movie and another random movie star you want to determine the separation from. Then pick a person who was in that Kevin Bacon movie with him and the chain starts...

I don't know how this deal isn't done yet. Is Stamkos dragging this out till the last minute to try to bleed Tampa as far as they'll go, then sign? You have to figure that if Tampa doesn't sign him before July 1st, he's gone. I say that because someone will throw a HUGE $9 to $10 mil a year deal at him and Tampa shouldn't match it. I'm thinking Stevie's Plan B is replace Stamkos with Brad Richards who expressed a strong desire to return to TB and will take $2-$3 mil less than the offer sheet and get the 4 1st rounders. It sounds crazy, but having too many high priced players on your roster was Tampa's problem 5 years ago.

Surely if Tampa doesn't sign Stamkos getting Brad Richards back would be a done deal then. Having said that there's no way Tampa gets both of them signed. Stevie has to get Stamkos signed, I don't see what the problem is. Stamkos IS Tampa's franchise player.

You would think that, but I can understand Yzerman's reluctance to sign any player to a $9-$10 mil per year deal. That's a lot of cap space for just one player and I think he would rather have a more well rounded team than one that's top heavy. Letting Stamkos get signed to an offer sheet is crazy, but its a little less crazy than it was a couple weeks ago. Just as an example, imagine you have $12 mil for two forwards. You can have Steven Stamkos ($10 mil) and Max Talbot ($2 mil) or Brad Richards ($7 mil) and Simon Gagne ($5 mil). As talented as Stamkos is, Richards and Gagne together have more talent and cost the same.

Well its not looking to bright for some player, word is the Bruins might not spend to cap. Krejci/Rask/McQuaid RFA after 11-12. Many of the guys will be UFA. They say they need space for raises/replacements... could they be making some room for a STAMKOS trade... hmmmmmmmmmmm just a wondering. I'm willing to bet they all ready are... NEELY has it in him.. to blow the NHL wide open on a shake up .. but like i said if that is happening.. no one will ever find out until the day it's done and signed...

@NHLNSider James Jackson 1 year, 3 million dollar contract for Roloson to Tampa.

Seriously, how mad would Yzerman be if we stole Stamkos?

Let us all just sit and think about that for a moment...

I said it before and I will say it again.

Stamkos will get resigned. If they have to pay him a ton, they will. If they have to trade someone, they will.

I still think Vinny gets traded to the Habs. Maybe Richards comes back, and the team is better than ever.

Seriously, how mad would Yzerman be if we stole Stamkos?

Let us all just sit and think about that for a moment...

I said it before and I will say it again.

Stamkos will get resigned. If they have to pay him a ton, they will. If they have to trade someone, they will.

I still think Vinny gets traded to the Habs. Maybe Richards comes back, and the team is better than ever.

Kenny wont pull the trigger on Stamkos, however, our President Cam Neely will. He's bold enough to do it. Savard is done.. I believe their just going through the motions letting him set the pace given him respect cant imagine its an easy thing to do... I'm sure it is hard from him to make the decision. But Savard will NOT BE BACK... he will sign the retirement papers so they can free cash up if push comes to shove and need be but at the moment they are not pressuring him UNLESS things changes...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kenny wont pull the trigger on Stamkos, however, our President Cam Neely will. He's bold enough to do it. Savard is done.. I believe their just going through the motions letting him set the pace given him respect cant imagine its an easy thing to do... I'm sure it is hard from him to make the decision. But Savard will NOT BE BACK... he will sign the retirement papers so they can free cash up if push comes to shove and need be but at the moment they are not pressuring him UNLESS things changes...

What will Chiarelli say? SIGN HIS ASS SEA BASS.

Well its not looking to bright for some player, word is the Bruins might not spend to cap. Krejci/Rask/McQuaid RFA after 11-12. Many of the guys will be UFA. They say they need space for raises/replacements... could they be making some room for a STAMKOS trade... hmmmmmmmmmmm just a wondering. I'm willing to bet they all ready are... NEELY has it in him.. to blow the NHL wide open on a shake up .. but like i said if that is happening.. no one will ever find out until the day it's done and signed...

@NHLNSider James Jackson 1 year, 3 million dollar contract for Roloson to Tampa.

I thought the Bruins off-season plan was to "stay together" ?

I'd love to see Detroit make a play, but doubt it'll happen. Need D, not forwards.

Nah, sign Richards to a $7m deal, and ship Flip, Huds, Ericsson, and a 1st to Tampa for Stamkos. Sign Stamkos to a $7m deal. Re-sign Eaves at $1.5m and Osgood at the league minimum ($525k).

The lines can look like this:

Stamkos/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi

Abdelkader/Richards/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Emmerton

Now that's a forward lineup. Perhaps even swap Emmerton and Abby if you like as that would give it more speed and scoring presence. So as this stands, the Wings would have about $4.6m in remaining cap space to sign a defenseman, and the following defense otherwise:

Kronwall/Smith

Lidstrom/???

Kindl/Stuart

Janik

Pairs are set assuming Kaberle to be the signing. Ready for the season with a roster like this?

Nah, sign Richards to a $7m deal, and ship Flip, Huds, Ericsson, and a 1st to Tampa for Stamkos. Sign Stamkos to a $7m deal. Re-sign Eaves at $1.5m and Osgood at the league minimum ($525k).

The lines can look like this:

Stamkos/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi

Abdelkader/Richards/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Emmerton

Now that's a forward lineup. Perhaps even swap Emmerton and Abby if you like as that would give it more speed and scoring presence. So as this stands, the Wings would have about $4.6m in remaining cap space to sign a defenseman, and the following defense otherwise:

Kronwall/Smith

Lidstrom/???

Kindl/Stuart

Janik

Pairs are set assuming Kaberle to be the signing. Ready for the season with a roster like this?

I like it, except there is no way Richards would be the third line center