• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Stamkos Re-Signs With Lightning

Rate this topic

Nah, sign Richards to a $7m deal, and ship Flip, Huds, Ericsson, and a 1st to Tampa for Stamkos. Sign Stamkos to a $7m deal. Re-sign Eaves at $1.5m and Osgood at the league minimum ($525k).

The lines can look like this:

Stamkos/Datsyuk/Holmstrom

Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi

Abdelkader/Richards/Cleary

Mursak/Helm/Eaves

Emmerton

Now that's a forward lineup. Perhaps even swap Emmerton and Abby if you like as that would give it more speed and scoring presence. So as this stands, the Wings would have about $4.6m in remaining cap space to sign a defenseman, and the following defense otherwise:

Kronwall/Smith

Lidstrom/???

Kindl/Stuart

Janik

Pairs are set assuming Kaberle to be the signing. Ready for the season with a roster like this?

This is some expert trolling. :clap:

As for Stamkos and an offer sheet, it would require four 1st round as compensation. Does that mean 1st round pick in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

Yep. I could justify it for Stamkos though.

I don't know why Stammer wouldn't want to stay after what Steve has done with turning that team around and they have 3 other pieces of the puzzle firmly in place with St. Louis, Vinny and Hedman there.

Reason why Stevie Y hasn't done and offer sheet for Stamkos...old GM inked him to a freaking huge deal back in 2008.

Gm before Stevie Y locked up Vinny.

"Lecavalier signed an 11-year contract extension worth $85 million, the details of which surfaced on Saturday. The deal, which averages $7.72 million per season as the salary cap hit, was signed on Friday and submitted to the league office. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2009-10 season and carry through the end of the 2019-20 season, just before Lecavalier's 40th birthday. According to TSN television in Canada, the deal will pay Lecavalier $10 million per season in salary and bonuses for the first six seasons, before dropping to $8.5 million in 2016-2017, $4 million in 2017-2018, $1.5 million in 2018-2019 and $1 million in 2019-2020. The front-loaded deal allows for a more friendly salary cap number for the length of the contract."

Front loading contracts is what got GM's in trouble the last time...

*correction - old GM inked Vinny Lecavalier to this huge 11 year deal back in 2008*.

Reason why Stevie Y hasn't done and offer sheet for Stamkos...old GM inked him to a freaking huge deal back in 2008.

Gm before Stevie Y locked up Vinny.

"Lecavalier signed an 11-year contract extension worth $85 million, the details of which surfaced on Saturday. The deal, which averages $7.72 million per season as the salary cap hit, was signed on Friday and submitted to the league office. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2009-10 season and carry through the end of the 2019-20 season, just before Lecavalier's 40th birthday. According to TSN television in Canada, the deal will pay Lecavalier $10 million per season in salary and bonuses for the first six seasons, before dropping to $8.5 million in 2016-2017, $4 million in 2017-2018, $1.5 million in 2018-2019 and $1 million in 2019-2020. The front-loaded deal allows for a more friendly salary cap number for the length of the contract."

Front loading contracts is what got GM's in trouble the last time...

*correction - old GM inked Vinny Lecavalier to this huge 11 year deal back in 2008*.

I remember when Tampa made that deal and was like holy s***, I like Vinny and all, but damn!! Now they may have to let one of the best players in the league walk away because of that! Lets face it Stamkos has more skill than Vinny! I think he is better all around and he is probably asking for the same type of numbers. Just one issue, Vinny has a ring.... Stammer does not!

I agree nobody is with $10M, however, it appears that the old GM thought that. The more I thought about Stamkos being a UFA I decided to look at players contracts and BAM Vinny takes up a s*** load or $$$ and years.

Also a nice $1.5M in buyouts this year. Prospal's buyout will continue to count against them till the end of 14-15 season.

Stamkos is to young to be holding out for big money...sign a 2-3 year contract...4.5 per...Score 50 two of those three years then you are a franchise type kid...right now you are a young budding talent. Your first year was a dud, and showing signs...but if you want Vinny type money...you need to prove that you deserve it...at this point in his career, I don't even think Vinny is worth that much money anymore...

**STAMKOS UPDATE** Well the Flyers are at it again... you can't turn your back for a second. Stamkos could become a member of the Flyer's lets hope not. The Flyers will put a trade offer together for Tampa Bay...they feel they cannot sign him. Stamkos still has not signed as of late Monday night. Tampa has offered Stamkos a five-year deal for $37.5 million, a cap hit of $7.5 million per season. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he fully expects Stamkos to resign with the Lightning. But with that said, the Flyers are prepared to make a trade proposal in the unlikely event he couldn't come to terms.

Maybe Yzerman is seeing if someone else will offer him a sheet, then match it. They have plenty of money left to sign him, but maybe Yzerman is taking the Holland stance and telling him that noone makes more than their Captain... dunno...

This is a good stance for Yzerman. A good GM needs to send a message at some point and if Stamkos is being that greedy, that he won't take 7.5 freakin' million a year, for the team that drafted him, is showing signs of becoming a VERY strong team and has a chance to be competitive for years to come, well then, he needs a lesson in humility...

It's not like he's been offered mid level money, 7.5 is in the top 10% of players salaries in the NHL and he needs to set his ego aside and make it happen.... as others have suggested, if it's the term he has a problem with, then they need to sign a 2-3 year deal at even LESS and then he can worry about cashing in, once he's proven himself for more than a couple years...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Hopefully Stamkos will re-sign with Tampa soon and all these ridiculous STAMKOS TO (INSERT TEAM HERE) rumours will end. He is not going anywhere.

**STAMKOS UPDATE** Well the Flyers are at it again... you can't turn your back for a second. Stamkos could become a member of the Flyer's lets hope not. The Flyers will put a trade offer together for Tampa Bay...they feel they cannot sign him. Stamkos still has not signed as of late Monday night. Tampa has offered Stamkos a five-year deal for $37.5 million, a cap hit of $7.5 million per season. Flyers GM Paul Holmgren said he fully expects Stamkos to resign with the Lightning. But with that said, the Flyers are prepared to make a trade proposal in the unlikely event he couldn't come to terms.

Oh dear God this would make me one happy man if he lands in Philly.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I just honestly cannot get my brain around he's not signed yet. I just can't imagine Stamkos not re-signing there, either he's been on vacation for a week or there's blood in the water in Tampa...

I think Stevie is trying to get Stamkos locked up for a reasonable contract. Stamkos likely sees all these mediocre UFA signing for big bucks (Wisniewski, Ehrhoff, Richards etc.) and now he should receive more. They will work it out eventually.

This is a good stance for Yzerman. A good GM needs to send a message at some point and if Stamkos is being that greedy, that he won't take 7.5 freakin' million a year, for the team that drafted him, is showing signs of becoming a VERY strong team and has a chance to be competitive for years to come, well then, he needs a lesson in humility...

It's not like he's been offered mid level money, 7.5 is in the top 10% of players salaries in the NHL and he needs to set his ego aside and make it happen.... as others have suggested, if it's the term he has a problem with, then they need to sign a 2-3 year deal at even LESS and then he can worry about cashing in, once he's proven himself for more than a couple years...

So if they take the short contract route can he still become a RFA within a certain time frame? Right now they can get something out of this no matter what happens. If you sign him to a contract that is short but long enough for him to become a UFA at the end of it they could come out on the losing end of that situation.

If Yzerman is Holland I expect whatever he does to be good for his team now and in the future.

So if they take the short contract route can he still become a RFA within a certain time frame? Right now they can get something out of this no matter what happens. If you sign him to a contract that is short but long enough for him to become a UFA at the end of it they could come out on the losing end of that situation.

If Yzerman is Holland I expect whatever he does to be good for his team now and in the future.

and that would not include trading away a player like Stamkos, as there is minimal return that would make it worth trading him and if the only way they can get a deal ironed out, is to make it shorter term, that is far better than the alternative, then you revisit the contract in a couple years and maybe even another CBA from now and see how it plays out...

and that would not include trading away a player like Stamkos, as there is minimal return that would make it worth trading him and if the only way they can get a deal ironed out, is to make it shorter term, that is far better than the alternative, then you revisit the contract in a couple years and maybe even another CBA from now and see how it plays out...

I don't know. I remember another team trading a big young superstar to Philly not all that long ago, and it seemed to work out pretty well for them... :ph34r: