• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#21 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,024 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:38 PM

LMAO Kenny is tight with his money. You guys would have to dump some serious salary to even be in the Stamkos lottery.

With Savard on the shelf my B's have over 20 mill in cap space...Chiarelli should go after Stamkos.

I'm just joshin', I know we have no chance at Stamkos. Would be awesome though, plus it'd be nice if Hudler was traded :)

#NOMOREKINDL

#22 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,335 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:55 PM

I'm just joshin', I know we have no chance at Stamkos. Would be awesome though, plus it'd be nice if Hudler was traded :)

Finally! Hudler's been mentioned in the RFA Stamkos thread. :lol:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#23 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:59 PM

Hudler's name gets mentioned in every thread lol

#24 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 11:14 PM

Good sign for Yzerman's management style. Most GM's would pay whatever for their superstar to stay. Yzerman showed his strength by not caving to his youthful super talent right off the bat. Ballsy of him, but sounds like it worked.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#25 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:15 AM

Hudler's name gets mentioned in every thread lol

It's the cool thing to do.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#26 Off the Post

Off the Post

Rookie

• Pip
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Whattttt ifff Yzerman lets him go to Detroit thru offer sheet then when his contact is up comes to Detroit ahah! bbbaaammm.

#27 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

Whattttt ifff Yzerman lets him go to Detroit thru offer sheet then when his contact is up comes to Detroit ahah! bbbaaammm.

They wouldn't be happy.

What are the odds that the Wings finish low and give them good picks?

If they want any team to ever get an offer sheet, it's probably Edmonton.

#28 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:22 AM

Jiri Hudler is becoming the next Kevin Bacon. You can talk about any movie and eventually get to Kevin Bacon by association. Like for example...The Bruins won the Stanley Cup led by Tim Thomas who is from Michigan which is where the Wings play and they have a player named Jiri Hudler. Or...The Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup due mainly because their goalie Luongo sucks. Luongo once played for Florida who has a player named Shawn Matthias. Matthias was traded for Todd Bertuzzi who plays for the Red Wings and is teammates with Jiri Hudler.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#29 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:21 AM

‎"@MikeColligan: Steven Stamkos free to negotiate offer sheets; salary cap and #TBLightning financial situation could be factors http://t.co/KVkCynL #NHL".

#30 Kingston

Kingston

Rookie

• Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

I hope Red WIngs make a trade for him >: ) you know what f*** it, i'll sign him to a offer sheet in NHL 12.

#31 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

‎"@MikeColligan: Steven Stamkos free to negotiate offer sheets; salary cap and #TBLightning financial situation could be factors http://t.co/KVkCynL #NHL".

I think thats likely just looking for some extra hits to their website.. No new information at all.. just overstating the fact that he is able to negotiate an offersheet.. which goes for every RFA in a similar situation.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#32 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Jiri Hudler is becoming the next Kevin Bacon. You can talk about any movie and eventually get to Kevin Bacon by association. Like for example...The Bruins won the Stanley Cup led by Tim Thomas who is from Michigan which is where the Wings play and they have a player named Jiri Hudler. Or...The Vancouver Canucks lost the Stanley Cup due mainly because their goalie Luongo sucks. Luongo once played for Florida who has a player named Shawn Matthias. Matthias was traded for Todd Bertuzzi who plays for the Red Wings and is teammates with Jiri Hudler.

It's called 7 Degrees of Kevin Bacon - MuchMusic (the Canadian equivalent to MTV) used to do it on tv all the time. Pick any Kevin Bacon movie and another random movie star you want to determine the separation from. Then pick a person who was in that Kevin Bacon movie with him and the chain starts...
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#33 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,601 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'd be nervous if I were a Tampa fan.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#34 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:04 AM

I don't know how this deal isn't done yet. Is Stamkos dragging this out till the last minute to try to bleed Tampa as far as they'll go, then sign? You have to figure that if Tampa doesn't sign him before July 1st, he's gone. I say that because someone will throw a HUGE $9 to $10 mil a year deal at him and Tampa shouldn't match it. I'm thinking Stevie's Plan B is replace Stamkos with Brad Richards who expressed a strong desire to return to TB and will take $2-$3 mil less than the offer sheet and get the 4 1st rounders. It sounds crazy, but having too many high priced players on your roster was Tampa's problem 5 years ago.

#35 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

Surely if Tampa doesn't sign Stamkos getting Brad Richards back would be a done deal then. Having said that there's no way Tampa gets both of them signed. Stevie has to get Stamkos signed, I don't see what the problem is. Stamkos IS Tampa's franchise player.

#36 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,427 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

Surely if Tampa doesn't sign Stamkos getting Brad Richards back would be a done deal then. Having said that there's no way Tampa gets both of them signed. Stevie has to get Stamkos signed, I don't see what the problem is. Stamkos IS Tampa's franchise player.

You would think that, but I can understand Yzerman's reluctance to sign any player to a $9-$10 mil per year deal. That's a lot of cap space for just one player and I think he would rather have a more well rounded team than one that's top heavy. Letting Stamkos get signed to an offer sheet is crazy, but its a little less crazy than it was a couple weeks ago. Just as an example, imagine you have $12 mil for two forwards. You can have Steven Stamkos ($10 mil) and Max Talbot ($2 mil) or Brad Richards ($7 mil) and Simon Gagne ($5 mil). As talented as Stamkos is, Richards and Gagne together have more talent and cost the same.

#37 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:52 PM

Well its not looking to bright for some player, word is the Bruins might not spend to cap. Krejci/Rask/McQuaid RFA after 11-12. Many of the guys will be UFA. They say they need space for raises/replacements... could they be making some room for a STAMKOS trade... hmmmmmmmmmmm just a wondering. I'm willing to bet they all ready are... NEELY has it in him.. to blow the NHL wide open on a shake up .. but like i said if that is happening.. no one will ever find out until the day it's done and signed...

@NHLNSider James Jackson 1 year, 3 million dollar contract for Roloson to Tampa.

#38 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Seriously, how mad would Yzerman be if we stole Stamkos?

Let us all just sit and think about that for a moment...

I said it before and I will say it again.

Stamkos will get resigned. If they have to pay him a ton, they will. If they have to trade someone, they will.

I still think Vinny gets traded to the Habs. Maybe Richards comes back, and the team is better than ever.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#39 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:04 PM

Seriously, how mad would Yzerman be if we stole Stamkos?

Let us all just sit and think about that for a moment...

I said it before and I will say it again.

Stamkos will get resigned. If they have to pay him a ton, they will. If they have to trade someone, they will.

I still think Vinny gets traded to the Habs. Maybe Richards comes back, and the team is better than ever.

Kenny wont pull the trigger on Stamkos, however, our President Cam Neely will. He's bold enough to do it. Savard is done.. I believe their just going through the motions letting him set the pace given him respect cant imagine its an easy thing to do... I'm sure it is hard from him to make the decision. But Savard will NOT BE BACK... he will sign the retirement papers so they can free cash up if push comes to shove and need be but at the moment they are not pressuring him UNLESS things changes...

#40 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

Kenny wont pull the trigger on Stamkos, however, our President Cam Neely will. He's bold enough to do it. Savard is done.. I believe their just going through the motions letting him set the pace given him respect cant imagine its an easy thing to do... I'm sure it is hard from him to make the decision. But Savard will NOT BE BACK... he will sign the retirement papers so they can free cash up if push comes to shove and need be but at the moment they are not pressuring him UNLESS things changes...

What will Chiarelli say? SIGN HIS ASS SEA BASS.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams