#42 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

Trolololol
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#43 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,620 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

We can make the room...if it goes down.

I severely doubt Stamkos ends up in Boston.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#44 Mitchmac33

Mitchmac33

Come on son!

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

Well its not looking to bright for some player, word is the Bruins might not spend to cap. Krejci/Rask/McQuaid RFA after 11-12. Many of the guys will be UFA. They say they need space for raises/replacements... could they be making some room for a STAMKOS trade... hmmmmmmmmmmm just a wondering. I'm willing to bet they all ready are... NEELY has it in him.. to blow the NHL wide open on a shake up .. but like i said if that is happening.. no one will ever find out until the day it's done and signed...

@NHLNSider James Jackson 1 year, 3 million dollar contract for Roloson to Tampa.

I thought the Bruins off-season plan was to "stay together" ?

#45 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:04 PM

I'd love to see Detroit make a play, but doubt it'll happen. Need D, not forwards.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#46 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 11:54 PM

I'd love to see Detroit make a play, but doubt it'll happen. Need D, not forwards.

Nah, sign Richards to a $7m deal, and ship Flip, Huds, Ericsson, and a 1st to Tampa for Stamkos. Sign Stamkos to a $7m deal. Re-sign Eaves at $1.5m and Osgood at the league minimum ($525k).

The lines can look like this:

Stamkos/Datsyuk/Holmstrom
Franzen/Zetterberg/Bertuzzi
Abdelkader/Richards/Cleary
Mursak/Helm/Eaves
Emmerton

Now that's a forward lineup. Perhaps even swap Emmerton and Abby if you like as that would give it more speed and scoring presence. So as this stands, the Wings would have about $4.6m in remaining cap space to sign a defenseman, and the following defense otherwise:

Kronwall/
Smith
Lidstrom/???
Kindl/
Stuart
Janik

Pairs are set assuming Kaberle to be the signing. Ready for the season with a roster like this?

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#47 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

Nah, sign Richards to a $7m deal, and ship Flip, Huds, Ericsson, and a 1st to Tampa for Stamkos. Sign Stamkos to a $7m deal. Re-sign Eaves at $1.5m and Osgood at the league minimum ($525k).

Mursak/Helm/Eaves
Emmerton

Now that's a forward lineup. Perhaps even swap Emmerton and Abby if you like as that would give it more speed and scoring presence. So as this stands, the Wings would have about $4.6m in remaining cap space to sign a defenseman, and the following defense otherwise:

Kronwall/
Smith
Lidstrom/???
Kindl/
Stuart
Janik

Pairs are set assuming Kaberle to be the signing. Ready for the season with a roster like this?

I like it, except there is no way Richards would be the third line center

Posted Image

#48 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:06 PM

Any word or rumors on the latest Stamkos situation? Obviously Philly now isn't going to throw and offer sheet at him...

#49 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:19 PM

Not exactly about Stamnkos, but definitly related:

@DarrenDreger
Tampa Bay is believed to be in with Richards and company now.

Edited by Greatness=PavelDatsyuk, 01 July 2011 - 02:20 PM.

Posted Image

#50 dragonballgtz

dragonballgtz

Yu-Gi-HOE

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 02:56 PM

Not exactly about Stamnkos, but definitly related:

From the interview they had with Yzerman at the place where his agent is today he didn't seem to interested. Seems like he wanted to talk to him more about Stamkos.

#51 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,177 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 06:28 PM

No real news right now, but here's an interview with Stevie! post-talks.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#52 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 12:56 AM

As for Stamkos and an offer sheet, it would require four 1st round as compensation. Does that mean 1st round pick in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

#53 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 02:27 AM

Mursak/Helm/Eaves
Emmerton

Kronwall/
Smith
Lidstrom/???
Kindl/
Stuart
Janik

This is some expert trolling. :clap:
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#54 Weezer

Weezer

Jr. Prospect

• 15 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:03 AM

As for Stamkos and an offer sheet, it would require four 1st round as compensation. Does that mean 1st round pick in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015?

Yep. I could justify it for Stamkos though.

#55 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 09:06 AM

Wonderful name Weezer and band!! Also I agree with you, having Stamkos on this team would be OUTOFTHISWORLD. But has always during this time of year it's called pipedreaming :D

#56 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:01 PM

This will define Stevie Y as a GM, however, can't match what you may not have. Just saying....

#57 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 06:15 PM

I don't know why Stammer wouldn't want to stay after what Steve has done with turning that team around and they have 3 other pieces of the puzzle firmly in place with St. Louis, Vinny and Hedman there.

#58 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:02 PM

I don't know why Stammer wouldn't want to stay after what Steve has done with turning that team around and they have 3 other pieces of the puzzle firmly in place with St. Louis, Vinny and Hedman there.

Reason why Stevie Y hasn't done and offer sheet for Stamkos...old GM inked him to a freaking huge deal back in 2008.

Gm before Stevie Y locked up Vinny.

"Lecavalier signed an 11-year contract extension worth $85 million, the details of which surfaced on Saturday. The deal, which averages $7.72 million per season as the salary cap hit, was signed on Friday and submitted to the league office. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2009-10 season and carry through the end of the 2019-20 season, just before Lecavalier's 40th birthday. According to TSN television in Canada, the deal will pay Lecavalier $10 million per season in salary and bonuses for the first six seasons, before dropping to $8.5 million in 2016-2017, $4 million in 2017-2018, $1.5 million in 2018-2019 and $1 million in 2019-2020. The front-loaded deal allows for a more friendly salary cap number for the length of the contract."

Front loading contracts is what got GM's in trouble the last time...

*correction - old GM inked Vinny Lecavalier to this huge 11 year deal back in 2008*.

#59 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:18 PM

No one's worth 10 million a year including Vinny...sad :thumbdown:

#60 Donaldjr2448

Donaldjr2448

LETS GO REDWINGS!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,065 posts

Posted 02 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Reason why Stevie Y hasn't done and offer sheet for Stamkos...old GM inked him to a freaking huge deal back in 2008.

Gm before Stevie Y locked up Vinny.

"Lecavalier signed an 11-year contract extension worth $85 million, the details of which surfaced on Saturday. The deal, which averages $7.72 million per season as the salary cap hit, was signed on Friday and submitted to the league office. The extension will kick in at the start of the 2009-10 season and carry through the end of the 2019-20 season, just before Lecavalier's 40th birthday. According to TSN television in Canada, the deal will pay Lecavalier $10 million per season in salary and bonuses for the first six seasons, before dropping to $8.5 million in 2016-2017, $4 million in 2017-2018, $1.5 million in 2018-2019 and $1 million in 2019-2020. The front-loaded deal allows for a more friendly salary cap number for the length of the contract."

Front loading contracts is what got GM's in trouble the last time...

*correction - old GM inked Vinny Lecavalier to this huge 11 year deal back in 2008*.

I remember when Tampa made that deal and was like holy s***, I like Vinny and all, but damn!! Now they may have to let one of the best players in the league walk away because of that! Lets face it Stamkos has more skill than Vinny! I think he is better all around and he is probably asking for the same type of numbers. Just one issue, Vinny has a ring.... Stammer does not!