• Please log in to reply
140 replies to this topic

#121 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 11:02 PM

The CBA definitely says that if the team used a compliance buyout on a player before the 05-06 season, that player couldn't rejoin that team that season, but I can't find anything explicitly prohibiting a team from buying a player out with a "regular" buyout then re-signing him.

Didn't Alexi Yashin get bought out by the Islanders and later re-signed with them?

#122 sleepwalker

sleepwalker

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 11:17 AM

f*** boston

Not related to this topic at all, but I find it funny that this comment gets so many +1 votes now that its summer.

If this same comment had been made during the finals, when almost everyone here was on the "Yay! Go Boston!" bandwagon, it would have gotten like -30. :)

Edited by sleepwalker, 12 July 2011 - 11:18 AM.

#123 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:06 PM

I'm just saying...we have the $ and we have the prospects and we can give up 4 1st round picks since we'll be drafting at the bottom. You also have too remember that the "bonus" isn't part of the base salary so we can pay X number of $ over X number of years...something along the lines of the Brad Richards deal with the Rangers.

Boston isn't going to offer up some insane contract to Stamkos because that will cost them Lucic and/or Krejci sooner rather than later. And a trade for Stamkos would involve one of them, plus picks and prospects, and possibly another roster player.

This isn't a Phil Kessel "we're trading him because he's a pain in the ass, and we're getting a buttload of top picks from a dumbass" deal. Stamkos is younger than Kessel, and a top tier talent. If Kessel's deal was fair value, then add Lucic to it to make it fair value for Stamkos.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#124 lookalive07

lookalive07

--19--

• PipPipPip
  • 650 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 01:41 PM

Not related to this topic at all, but I find it funny that this comment gets so many +1 votes now that its summer.

If this same comment had been made during the finals, when almost everyone here was on the "Yay! Go Boston!" bandwagon, it would have gotten like -30. :)

I think the general consensus was less "go boston" and more "f*** vancouver, I hope they burn in hell". We just picked boston because most of us dislike the canucks more than we dislike the bruins.

Posted Image

#125 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Didn't Alexi Yashin get bought out by the Islanders and later re-signed with them?

No. He went to the KHL after being bought out.

#126 IllinoisRedWingsFan

IllinoisRedWingsFan

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

No. He went to the KHL after being bought out.

I stand corrected then.

#127 Vladimir316

Vladimir316

Rookie

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:54 AM

Stamkos isn't leaving TB. Heck.. Lecav getting dropped in the AHL has even a better chance.... All get your head out of your asses. He is going nowhere, case closed!
Red Wings:
Serie in 7: $2(0) Serie in 6: $5 (0) Serie in 5: $7(0) Serie in 4: $10(1) Kronwalled: $5(2) Homer Screening Goal: $5(3) Eurotwin combo: $5(2) The Mule Multi Goal: $5(0) Winning Cup: $15(0)

Rangers:
Serie in 7: $4(0) Serie in 6: $7(0) Serie in 5: $10(0) Serie in 4: $15(0) Save previous rounds making finals x: $0.05(143*) Save Stanley Finals x: $0.05(0) Lundqvist Shutout: $5(0) Dubinsky Goal: $2(2) Stepan Goal: $3(0) Goal any Other Rag $1(6) Prust/Avery Fight: $3(0) Winning Cup: $20(0)

TOTAL RED WINGS: $45 TOTAL RANGERS : $10 TOTAL MONEY ON THE BOARD : $55
*objective not completed!
Updated after Second Round Wings

REST IN PEACE DEREK, YOU WILL ENFORCE A LOT MORE IN THE HEAVEN HOCKEY LEAGUE!

#128 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,782 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 01:15 PM

Martin St. Louis confused on Steven Stamkos position as Free Agent –NHL offseason Update

One of the most mysterious situations of this year’s National Hockey League (NHL) offseason and free agency since it began on July 1, 2011, has been the delay in Tampa Bay Lightning re-signing one of the league’s top scorers, Steven Stamkos, back onto their roster since his contract expired.

Fellow teammate, Martin St Louis, who is also a top priority player for Tampa Bay, was also confused as to what the behind the curtain scene really is all about, and why his team management has not brought him back yet.

During his participation in the Big Assist, which is an annual charity ice hockey game held at the Terry Conners Rink, commented on the startling situation.

"No, I really don't know what's going on", St. Louis said Wednesday night.. "But honestly, I'm not worried about it".

After missing two consecutive playoff seasons, Tampa Bay made a big impact during their last playoff Stanley Cup which almost had them landing up in the Stanley Cup Finals for their second since 2004.

Their hard work was cut short as the now Stanley Cup winners Boston Bruins, eliminated them in a close seven-game series.

"We took a giant step this year and obviously now we have something to compare to", St. Louis said. "It's going to be harder this year, we're aware of that, we just need to start with training camp and go from there".

Stamkos, the first overall pick of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by Tampa Bay, put up an amazing record of 91 points last season (45 goals, 46) in 82 games played, at the young age of 21.

Now having played three consecutive seasons with Tampa Bay, two of which two were 90-plus point seasons, and not having him on the roster would create a tough situation for Lightning.

General Manager Steve Yzerman is believed to still be in the negotiating process with Stamkos, but has seen other GM’s intrigued at the possibility of him not being signed, which would give them an opportunity.

“I talk to general managers on a daily basis and get asked a lot, ‘How are you making out?’ But that’s about all”, Yzerman said.

Whatever happens, Yzerman and head coach, Brian Boucher, are all set to make a different team for next season as their quest for a Stanley Cup continues.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#129 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:50 AM

Is that pulled from a foreign site through a translator or something? The sentence structure is completely jacked up.

And when did Brian Boucher take Guy Boucher's coaching job? I thought Brian signed with Carolina to play goal.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#130 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

The Lightning just announced the signing of Stamkos via Twitter.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#131 germanwing

germanwing

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:44 PM

5-year deal.
$ 7.5 mill/year

http://www.kuklaskor...a_stamkos_deal/

Edited by germanwing, 19 July 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#132 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 02:58 PM

Looks like Boston isn't getting Stamkos LOL
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#133 Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

Greatness=PavelDatsyuk

First Line Center

• PipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:42 PM

Looks like Boston isn't getting Stamkos LOL

Like that was really ever a possibility

Posted Image

#134 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

It wasn't, but that Bruins Troll sure thought it was. I'm sure that's what Rivalred is referring to.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#135 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:17 PM

It was just a matter of time
IPB Image

#136 Jusek

Jusek

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

Good job, Stevie! :thumbup:
"I consider the Detroit Red Wings one of the greatest franchises in any sport. For a player to come in and play, it's so special to wear the jersey."
-Steve Yzerman

#137 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,302 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:31 PM

It wasn't, but that Bruins Troll sure thought it was. I'm sure that's what Rivalred is referring to.

Bingo Travis.... :thumbup:
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#138 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 04:58 PM

Toronto fans are mad as hell, they thought Burke was going to do an offer sheet and they were going to get Stammer.. Leaf fans around the city are not very happy now. They're saying hes stupid because Toronto could have offered him more money. I love the stupidity of some Leaf fans.

Edited by darkmanx, 19 July 2011 - 04:59 PM.

#139 Vladimir316

Vladimir316

Rookie

• Pip
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:35 PM

Toronto fans are mad as hell, they thought Burke was going to do an offer sheet and they were going to get Stammer.. Leaf fans around the city are not very happy now. They're saying hes stupid because Toronto could have offered him more money. I love the stupidity of some Leaf fans.

And then what? TB would match every offer, come on. Toronto fans are gullible or just freaking stupid!
Red Wings:
Serie in 7: $2(0) Serie in 6: $5 (0) Serie in 5: $7(0) Serie in 4: $10(1) Kronwalled: $5(2) Homer Screening Goal: $5(3) Eurotwin combo: $5(2) The Mule Multi Goal: $5(0) Winning Cup: $15(0)

Rangers:
Serie in 7: $4(0) Serie in 6: $7(0) Serie in 5: $10(0) Serie in 4: $15(0) Save previous rounds making finals x: $0.05(143*) Save Stanley Finals x: $0.05(0) Lundqvist Shutout: $5(0) Dubinsky Goal: $2(2) Stepan Goal: $3(0) Goal any Other Rag $1(6) Prust/Avery Fight: $3(0) Winning Cup: $20(0)

TOTAL RED WINGS: $45 TOTAL RANGERS : $10 TOTAL MONEY ON THE BOARD : $55
*objective not completed!
Updated after Second Round Wings

REST IN PEACE DEREK, YOU WILL ENFORCE A LOT MORE IN THE HEAVEN HOCKEY LEAGUE!

#140 darkmanx

darkmanx

Toronto's Finest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,700 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

And then what? TB would match every offer, come on. Toronto fans are gullible or just freaking stupid!

You have no idea. I never used to mind them until I moved from Michigan to Toronto and its really bad, especially since the lockout. They now think Parise will go there or Tavares next year will sign with them. I guess every free agent wants to play for the Leafs. First lost on Richards, then lost on Stamkos, then they will lose on Parise and they won't be able to sign Tavares.