• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kingston

Stamkos Re-Signs With Lightning

Rate this topic

Martin St. Louis confused on Steven Stamkos position as Free Agent –NHL offseason Update

One of the most mysterious situations of this year’s National Hockey League (NHL) offseason and free agency since it began on July 1, 2011, has been the delay in Tampa Bay Lightning re-signing one of the league’s top scorers, Steven Stamkos, back onto their roster since his contract expired.

Fellow teammate, Martin St Louis, who is also a top priority player for Tampa Bay, was also confused as to what the behind the curtain scene really is all about, and why his team management has not brought him back yet.

During his participation in the Big Assist, which is an annual charity ice hockey game held at the Terry Conners Rink, commented on the startling situation.

"No, I really don't know what's going on", St. Louis said Wednesday night.. "But honestly, I'm not worried about it".

After missing two consecutive playoff seasons, Tampa Bay made a big impact during their last playoff Stanley Cup which almost had them landing up in the Stanley Cup Finals for their second since 2004.

Their hard work was cut short as the now Stanley Cup winners Boston Bruins, eliminated them in a close seven-game series.

"We took a giant step this year and obviously now we have something to compare to", St. Louis said. "It's going to be harder this year, we're aware of that, we just need to start with training camp and go from there".

Stamkos, the first overall pick of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft by Tampa Bay, put up an amazing record of 91 points last season (45 goals, 46) in 82 games played, at the young age of 21.

Now having played three consecutive seasons with Tampa Bay, two of which two were 90-plus point seasons, and not having him on the roster would create a tough situation for Lightning.

General Manager Steve Yzerman is believed to still be in the negotiating process with Stamkos, but has seen other GM’s intrigued at the possibility of him not being signed, which would give them an opportunity.

“I talk to general managers on a daily basis and get asked a lot, ‘How are you making out?’ But that’s about all”, Yzerman said.

Whatever happens, Yzerman and head coach, Brian Boucher, are all set to make a different team for next season as their quest for a Stanley Cup continues.

Is that pulled from a foreign site through a translator or something? The sentence structure is completely jacked up.

And when did Brian Boucher take Guy Boucher's coaching job? I thought Brian signed with Carolina to play goal.

Toronto fans are mad as hell, they thought Burke was going to do an offer sheet and they were going to get Stammer.. Leaf fans around the city are not very happy now. They're saying hes stupid because Toronto could have offered him more money. I love the stupidity of some Leaf fans.

Edited by darkmanx

Toronto fans are mad as hell, they thought Burke was going to do an offer sheet and they were going to get Stammer.. Leaf fans around the city are not very happy now. They're saying hes stupid because Toronto could have offered him more money. I love the stupidity of some Leaf fans.

And then what? TB would match every offer, come on. Toronto fans are gullible or just freaking stupid!

And then what? TB would match every offer, come on. Toronto fans are gullible or just freaking stupid!

You have no idea. I never used to mind them until I moved from Michigan to Toronto and its really bad, especially since the lockout. They now think Parise will go there or Tavares next year will sign with them. I guess every free agent wants to play for the Leafs. First lost on Richards, then lost on Stamkos, then they will lose on Parise and they won't be able to sign Tavares.