• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

2016-2017 roster predictions

Rate this topic

the bleacher report hasn't always been the smartest place to look when it comes to hockey(IMO they are in Eklund territory) but someone recently posted what they feel the Wings 2016-2017 roster will be, and if all the current prospects reach their potential the Wings will be extremely good for the next decade or so. Heres their roster(and get ready for who they pick for the GM):

Zetterberg-Tatar-Pulkkinen

Franzen-Datsyuk-Jarnkrok

Filppula-Jurco-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Mursak

Konwall-Smith

Stuart-Kindl

Almqvist-Ericsson

Howard

Pearce

HC: Babcock

GM: Yzerman!!!

Click for article

^ Some interesing positions....

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Pulkkinen

Tatar - Jarnkrok - Franzen

Nyquist - Sheahan - Filppula

Abdelkader - Helm - Mursak

Kronwall - Smith

Stuart - Kindl

Almquist - Lashoff

Howard

McCollum

Edited by Aussie_Wing

Pulkkinen. Datsyuk. Jarnkrok

Tater. Zetterberg. Franzen

Nyquist. Helm. Jurco

Mursak. Abdelkader. Callahan

-------------------------------------------

? Guy - Sheahan.

Kronwall. Smith

Ouellet. Sproul

Pyett. Kindl

Ericsson.

------------------

? Guy - Marchenko, Almqvist.

Howard

Mrazek

------------------

? Guy - McCullom

This is my take. I'm not sold on Sheahan, McCullom, or Alqvist yet. Sheahan seems to be less of an offensive player than his draft position suggests, McCullom is a head case, and Almqvist's build and '10-'11 stats make his progression an uphill battle.

To the casual sports fan, there's a lot of strange looking names on that list.

:hehe:

I have to say that i didn't know 2 of the names on that list. I thought the point he about Stevie Y coming back was a great point and that is something that excites me to no extent. I would love to see what Stevie Y could do with the Red Wings' resources. Overall, that lineup looks great except the defensive questions but after this last season, I don't the defense conversation is one that we are going to be able to get away from barring some jaw dropping signing after July 1st.

Won't Cleary be almost 40 in six years?

Doubt he'll still be playing with his list of injuries.

He'll be 38, same for Datsyuk, who's a little bit older than Cleary. Franzen and Zetterberg will be 37 and 36 respectively and with their injury troubles, who knows if they'll still be playing.

Either way, no one should expect any of these guys to still be playing at their current level.

If Datsyuk and Zetterberg are still playing in the top 6 in 5 years I don't think we'll be making the playoffs, unfortunately. It's also impossible to predict what our team will look like with trades and FAs.

Edited by Z and D for the C

Yeah like mentioned earlier I don't see Stuart, Cleary making it that long. And who knows about Franzen either. Lineup though looks pretty good all things considered looking 6-7 yearls later :P

TBH I'm more concerned with next year and the year after though. Interesting maybe knowing Stevie might be our GM though too :D:thumbup:

Click for article

Maybe that is why there is all this talk about Stamkos being lost to a team like Detroit.

He wants to lose his job while making his next job easier by letting us have the best player in the league.

Yeah, I said it. Best player in the league... after Dats of course.

Edited by Majsheppard

Maybe that is why there is all this talk about Stamkos being lost to a team like Detroit.

He wants to lose his job while making his next job easier by letting us have the best player in the league.

Yeah, I said it. Best player in the league... after Dats of course.

Well with Holland saying he's going to retire alongside Lidstrom I don't for see this being a huge problem for Yzerman after he allows us to sign Stamkos. cool.gif

the bleacher report hasn't always been the smartest place to look when it comes to hockey(IMO they are in Eklund territory) but someone recently posted what they feel the Wings 2016-2017 roster will be, and if all the current prospects reach their potential the Wings will be extremely good for the next decade or so. Heres their roster(and get ready for who they pick for the GM):

Zetterberg-Tatar-Pulkkinen

Franzen-Datsyuk-Jarnkrok

Filppula-Jurco-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Mursak

Konwall-Smith

Stuart-Kindl

Almqvist-Ericsson

Howard

Pearce

HC: Babcock

Click for article

Cleary and Franzen will both be retired. If Eaves ends up actually re-signing this summer, he'll still be around by then and be the "new" Cleary. Also, Zetterberg will be playing center; he's more dominant at center, and there are very few players in the league I would put him on the wing with.

God, I can't wait to see Pulkkinen put the winged wheel on. The kid could be the next Pav if all goes well.

Actually, the next Datsyuk would be Jurco. Pulkkinen would be a Hull lite. Jarnkrok is a Zetterberg clone.

I don't see Franzen or Abdelkader or Cleary on that roster. Probably not Ericsson or STuart as well. No way in HELL Pyett makes the team over Marchenko or Marshall or Almqvist.

Wow, I would think we'd be making some trades and signing some UFA's during that time. If that's what our future looks like, we'll be getting some really good draft picks during those years. We'll be just like The Pittsburgh Blackhawks.

I'm interested in hearing your reasoning behind slagging off our young prospects.

What's not to like about Smith, Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Mursak, Sheahan?

I'm interested in hearing your reasoning behind slagging off our young prospects.

What's not to like about Smith, Tatar, Nyquist, Jarnkrok, Pulkkinen, Jurco, Mursak, Sheahan?

What has the last 10 years of drafting really produced for us? What, Kronwall, Franzen, Fil, Hudler, Helm, Kindl? I don't see any 1st liners there. Maybe Kronwall will be a #1, but that's yet to be seen. Franzen's stock is dropping fast. And a bunch of "potential" future stars. Key word is, potential. Statistics will say that only 3, maybe 4 of those players you listed will even make it to The NHL. And of those, maybe 1 of them is a 1st line player. Yeah, statistics can be a real buzzkill, but they are usually pretty close to right. Tack on that, with how many of these players, after being stuck in GR for a third year to develop, will get that itch to go to Europe to play for more than $100 grand a year. Or the fact that they realize that the players in The NHL are huge and are programmed to try to destroy them when ever they get the chance.

I hope you don't think I'm trying to bag on our new crop of draftees. I really hope we turn a few of them into more than just a trivia questions. If you read the OP's post, the article was based on, All the current prospects reaching their potential. I guess I'm trying to say, I doubt that will happen. That's why we have trades and UFA signings, something that article left out, as well as the inclusion of probably at least 3 players that will be retired by that time. I guess it's just a bleacher report thing. Hack writers bringing hack ideas.

Sorry if you don't like my opinions. You won't be the first. But I'm just as curious as to why you think each one of our prospects will be a winner.

Does that mean Landon Ferraro won't be on the team? I don't like the idea of looking that far ahead until you know more about what's going in. Maybe by the end of next season or the season after once we have more info on these new players would I start predicting 16/17 Roster.