• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:15 AM

Every so often, I'll mean to give someone a + and in the process of multitasking/clicking too fast/carelessness, I'll accidentally give them a -

Up to now, I usually just find another one of their posts and give them a + to even it out, but I think it'd be cool (if this is even possible) if we could "take back" a rating so to speak...

As I've said all along, whether you support the +/- rating or not, if it is to exist, there needs to be balance and I think it'd be nice if we could tweak it a little to keep it running a little better...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:57 AM

I've done that myself. I usually do the same thing- find another post and give it a plus. Sometimes I comment on it, or if I know the person, shoot them a PM to let them know. Some people don't care or notice. Some are sensitive to it.

I would suppose (and I freely admit that I'm guessing here) that if it were a feature that came with the +/- system that it would be an option already. I try to be careful when giving out minuses. Giving out too many pluses has never bothered me.

#3 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:42 AM

I've done that myself. I usually do the same thing- find another post and give it a plus. Sometimes I comment on it, or if I know the person, shoot them a PM to let them know. Some people don't care or notice. Some are sensitive to it.

I would suppose (and I freely admit that I'm guessing here) that if it were a feature that came with the +/- system that it would be an option already. I try to be careful when giving out minuses. Giving out too many pluses has never bothered me.

I'm the same way, I VERY rarely give out minuses and usually save those for obvious trolls, but I'll give pluses out more freely

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#4 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 11:41 AM

I've made the same mistake with the -, I think I did it to one of yours Karen :ph34r: I generally + when I feel the post is well thought out or a good point in the discussion. The - I use when someone is obviously trolling or trying to derail a thread by starting something.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#5 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:18 AM

Every so often, I'll mean to give someone a + and in the process of multitasking/clicking too fast/carelessness, I'll accidentally give them a -

Up to now, I usually just find another one of their posts and give them a + to even it out, but I think it'd be cool (if this is even possible) if we could "take back" a rating so to speak...

As I've said all along, whether you support the +/- rating or not, if it is to exist, there needs to be balance and I think it'd be nice if we could tweak it a little to keep it running a little better...

I really don't understand why people care so much about this..

#6 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:05 AM

I really don't understand why people care so much about this..

I think that view is giving it more weight than it carries, I don't think anyone is losing any sleep over it, or carrying it past the time they log out of this board, but it's a matter of caring as much as one can about something on a message board... why do we care what fonts we use, emoticons, signatures, avatars, etc...? It's part of the message board "experience"

As I said, it holds zero weight outside of this board, but while on these boards, it should be used accordingly... the same way one shouldn't go around slinging pointless insults on a message board... at the end of the day, it means nothing, but it's still poor tact.

Edited by stevkrause, 15 July 2011 - 09:07 AM.

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#7 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 09:21 AM

When you have a "c" and an "l" together, they look like a "d". The subtitle of this thread always makes me do a double-take.

You may + me now.

#8 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:22 AM

Don't do it! I heard from a reliable source that one you + any of Karen's posts she owns your soul.

#9 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:46 AM

That was a typo, dear. I own your sole. I have quite the massive shoe collection.

#10 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

Don't do it! I heard from a reliable source that one you + any of Karen's posts she owns your soul.

I'm safe, I already sold my sole for a pack of Swedish Fish in 94

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#11 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:35 PM

Sounds fishy to me. There must have been more to that deal- future considerations or something. Swedish fish can't have been the sole item in the trade.

#12 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:38 PM

Sounds fishy to me. There must have been more to that deal- future considerations or something. Swedish fish can't have been the sole item in the trade.

What can I say? I REALLY love Swedish Fish...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#13 Shaman

Shaman

Die hard Red Wing fan and realist.

• Silver Booster
  • 3,843 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 12:07 AM

I religiously + people not named blue adams.
Feuer und Wasser kommt nicht zusammen
Kann man nicht binden sind nicht verwandt
In Funken versunken steh ich in Flammen
und bin im Wasser verbrannt
Im Wasser verbrannt

#14 vladdy16

vladdy16

The rest are neophytes.

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 6,231 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

Well, if you actually want to give them a "+" and accidentally give them a "-", you'd have to "+" 2 posts to come out ahead instead of getting their rating back to where it was.
Can't wait to read the "Phoenix: I still think it's a hockey market" chapter of Gary Bettman's autobiography. I'm guessing it's going to be chapter 11.

- mjlegend 3/9/2011

#15 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

I religiously + people not named blue adams.

He's going to break the forums with the negatives he gets.

#16 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,305 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:41 AM

I reached my max quota for + today... How many is that anyways
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users