• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 07:30 PM

I just noticed that today I ran out of both Positive and negative voting on posts...

Maybe we need more, or maybe today has been too crazy. I don't see the point of limits really, but just my two cents.
"It is a lot easier to be an ******* to words than to people"-xkcd

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#2 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:46 PM

I think the point of limits is so that people can't hound a person and give every one of their posts a + or - just to boost or lower their rating. People have done so in the past.

It starts all sorts of unnecessary nastiness.

And yes, today was crazy.

Money on the board:  Current total: 0

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Hamsters I have had:  (current Wings highlighted)

Henrik Pavel Tomas Nicklas Dominik

Niklas Matthew Daniel Robert

Johan Andreas Valtteri Jonathan

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

Jordin Damien Gustav James

#3 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,211 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:07 AM

"A An Observation"

(Yeah, I'm a cock. :lol:)

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#4 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 01:12 PM

"A An Observation"

(Yeah, I'm a cock. :lol:)

Hey, I would vote you up for this too. No excuse for getting that wrong. Unfortunately I have run out of positive votes for the day...

I think that maybe we should have more, or there is a better system set up.

Tootoo does NOT belong on this team. He is classless and I would rather see the Wings be bad than classless. I feel the same way about Bertuzzi as well, but he at least CAN make the team better. With Tootoo the team becomes worse and in danger of being classless. Would you have liked Claude on the team? Or Roy? No. So why would you be okay with that POS.

This thread has been closed due to emotions being higher than people's ability to read, interpret, and properly respond to simple posts.

#5 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:09 PM

Hey, I would vote you up for this too. No excuse for getting that wrong. Unfortunately I have run out of positive votes for the day...

I think that maybe we should have more, or there is a better system set up.

I took care of that for you. I agree with Karen, there needs to be some sort of limit because the abusers would fully take advantage, which is what always ruins things for those of us that can actually act mature and make logical decisions.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#6 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

It's 1:10 a.m. and I'm out of + and - posts for the day. I'll have to catch everyone tomorrow... and the next day... and the next day...

$1 for a goal by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster.  An additional $5 for a series-clinching goal scored by any current Wing after whom I have named a hamster. $5 if the other team fails to score against a current Wing goalie after whom I have named a hamster.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#7 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

They need "circuit breakers" in stock market terminology. It would prevent one post from destroying a person's rep. Maybe display whatever people vote, but limit up or down by 10 in actual effect.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#8 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 08:01 AM

But it was awesome when Kook's picture got +70 something.

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

"If I could sum up my career in Detroit, I was a perfect goalie for the team at the perfect time. I just wanted to be a Red Wing, that's it." Chris Osgood, July 19, 2011

#9 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

I just noticed that today I ran out of both Positive and negative voting on posts...

Maybe we need more, or maybe today has been too crazy. I don't see the point of limits really, but just my two cents.

I don't see the big deal. If you run out of negs, and it's such a big deal you have to neg it, just bookmark the post and wait the next day to neg it?

Truthfully I run into moronic posts most of the time in GD, and unfortunately I'd spend all day negging if it mattered that much.

Edited by Shoreline, 01 July 2011 - 09:56 AM.

#10 55fan

55fan

All mine 'til 2-0-1-9

• HoF Booster
  • 12,660 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

If you really, really, really feel that a post deserved a + and you're out, maybe you could PM the person with a happygram. I'd think someone would be just as pleased to find out your positive feedback as they would to get a +.

Or you could always applaud them in your reply if you have something worthwhile to add.

Andrew Patrick Ian Todd

#11 Never_Retire_Steve

Never_Retire_Steve

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:09 AM

I don't think I've ever used a + or - vote.

Please feel free to negative this post if you don't agree with giving + or - votes

#12 Majsheppard

Majsheppard

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 04:57 AM

I don't see the big deal. If you run out of negs, and it's such a big deal you have to neg it, just bookmark the post and wait the next day to neg it?

Truthfully I run into moronic posts most of the time in GD, and unfortunately I'd spend all day negging if it mattered that much.

]

There are some threads that I can never keep up with it because of all the horrible things said. I really only neg for extremely dumb comments, unfairly negative remarks, or when the person is being a prick. Nothing upsets me more than when jerks have "good reputations."

More of a real world problem that I have problems dealing with so I go on message boards. :D

Or maybe I am just upset that some people get +1 for a sentence trashing Osgood while I can write two pages on the merits of CBA idiosyncrasies with pride and get a random negative...

#13 WizardOfOz30

WizardOfOz30

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,726 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 08:00 AM

Any sentence trashing Ozzie deserves a -10 :lol:

As for your dissertation on the CBA, I might give that a plus if it helped me learn something about it but I'm really not ready to get into those details just yet. :P

Posted Image

Thanks Offsides

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users