• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

If Kenny doesn't have a big rabbit to pull out of his sleeve tomorrow; I will for the first time in the history of kenny holland; doubt his GM abilities. It APPEARS we have ******* sat around while everyone is scooped up. This could very well be another ******* soft hearted "bu.bu.but, he's a wingy :blush: " kind of signing.

If Kenny doesn't have a big rabbit to pull out of his sleeve tomorrow; I will for the first time in the history of kenny holland; doubt his GM abilities. It APPEARS we have ******* sat around while everyone is scooped up. This could very well be another ******* soft hearted "bu.bu.but, he's a wingy :blush: " kind of signing.

Very true

Sounds like somebody wants to spend just to have a press conference...

I wonder how that usually works out?

Danny Briere, Flyers, 8 years, $52 million — 218 points in 260 games, one Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Chris Drury, Rangers, 5 years, $25.25 million — 151 points in 264 games, one playoff series win, bought out in 2011.

Scott Gomez, Rangers, 7 years, $51.5 million — 128 points in 158 games, one playoff series win, traded to Canadiens in 2009.

Michal Handzus, Kings, 4 years, $16 million — 135 points in 327 games, zero playoff series wins.

Brian Rafalski, Red Wings, 5 years, $30 million — 204 points in 292 games, one Stanley Cup championship, retired in 2011.

Ryan Smyth, Avalanche, 5 years, $31.25 million — 96 points in 132 games, one playoff series win, traded to Kings in 2009.

Sheldon Souray, Oilers, 5 years, $27 million — 76 points in 144 games, zero playoff appearances, bought out in 2011.

Sean Avery, Stars, 4 years, $15.5 million — 10 points in 23 games, zero playoff appearances, claimed off waivers by Rangers in 2009.

Brian Campbell, 8 years, $56 million — 117 points in 215 games, one Stanley Cup championship, traded to Panthers in 2011.

Pavol Demitra, Canucks, 2 years, $8 million — 69 points in 97 games, one playoff series win.

Marian Hossa, Red Wings, 1 year, $7.45 million — 71 points in 74 games, one Stanley Cup Finals appearance.

Wade Redden, 6 years, $39 million — 40 points in 156 games, zero playoff series wins, in AHL in 2010-11.

It's almost certain to be for four years. It was mentioned in an article or interview recently that Holland and Ericsson were working on 2 year and 4 year terms, with the money around $2m. Changing that to over $3m for three years just whacks it too much. Four years would be $2,437,500 per season, which is right where the reported numbers were at.

I actually like Big Rig, but this is a brutal contract if that's the real numbers? Unless they plan on playing him top 4, PP, PK, he will never live up to that contract. Quite puzzling.

I am fully convinced now that holland is NOT the best gm in the league... Holland should be fired for this! I am dead serious. Get ready for kaberle...

Guest Crymson

was not trading for burns a good move? NO!

LOL. You AGAIN! You've completely failed thus far to present a deal that would have beaten out San Jose's. Would you care to FINALLY go over that?