• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

I am fully convinced now that holland is NOT the best gm in the league... Holland should be fired for this! I am dead serious. Get ready for kaberle...

LOL. Which other GM, aside from Doug Wilson, has made the playoffs every season since the lockout? Answer: None. You act so much like a spoiled kid at times, dude.

Guest Crymson

The lot of you are shockingly spoiled. Which other team has had the success that the Wings had? Which other GM has brought success like Holland has? And now you feel that because of one bad move, because of one rough offseason, he should be fired. Fans of every other team tell me that they think Holland is the BEST. I feel pity for he and for others in the organization that so many of you have so utterly lost perspective, from so many years of success that they have given you, that you have lost the ability to be appreciative for the fact that you have a great team to cheer for every year.

The lot of you are shockingly spoiled. Which other team has had the success that the Wings had? Which other GM has brought success like Holland has? And now you feel that because of one bad move, because of one rough offseason, he should be fired. Fans of every other team tell me that they think Holland is the BEST. I feel pity for he and for others in the organization that so many of you have so utterly lost perspective, from so many years of success that they have given you, that you have lost the ability to be appreciative for the fact that you have a great team to cheer for every year.

He promised us great things this offseason; we have the right to want the Wings to ice the best team on the ice every year.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Alright I can breathe now. Even though I disagree with this overpayment, I still have faith in Kenny. He's still the best GM in the league but 3.25 mil a year for Big Rig? Really Kenny? I'll be interested to see hear Kenny's take on this.

Sooooo, you're saying that you're thrilled about the signing?

I can't speak for other fans, but I fully appreciate Holland and all he has done. With that said, it's hard to agree with this deal if it is true. Every GM f***s up, and we are lucky that Holland does less than other GM's. He can't be perfect, so this doesn't severely downgrade my opinion of him, but this doesn't look like a good deal right now.

The Detroit Red Wings have signed defenseman Jonathan Ericsson to a three-year contract that averages $3.25 million a season, a source told Booth Newspapers.

This is much higher than the Red Wings' recent offer of slightly more than $2 million per season. But as quality free-agent defensemen were getting re-signed by their own teams, the market was thinning, increasing Ericsson's value.

The 6-foot-4, 220-pound Ericsson earned $1.25 million in 2010-11, his second full NHL season.

Red Wings general manager Ken Holland couldn't be reached for comment, but he said earlier in the day that he was making progress with Ericsson and right wing Patrick Eaves, who were scheduled to become unrestricted free agents at noon on Frida

how the hell did it go up 1.25 million from what Detroit offered him ? Kenny knew that was an overpayment, looks like got had a panic attack because of the other UFA getting moved.

Edited by darkmanx

I am actually happy they gave 3.25 mil to Ericsson instead of overpaying for an aging Tomas Kaberle, because I still would be surprised if Wisniewski did not sign with CBJ and with that no one else would be on the market.

I'm in a wait and see mode because Kenny knows how to do his job a lot better than we know how to do his job.

this is a TERRIBLE signing. there's no silver lining here. ericsson brings minimal offense and he's not the strongest defensively. is there a clause in his contract that says we're off the hook with him if he keeps taking boneheaded penalties at the end of games? jesus. holland gonna do the sign and trade? i hope so. but who would take that contract? its terrible.