• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

I detest Ericsson's play and I detest the fact that he'll be with the team at all. However, I think that calling for Holland's head over it and declaring him a horrible GM over it is stupid beyond belief.

i haven't said holland's a bad GM for the record... im with you, holland is still one of the best. but this contract and the decision to have ericsson back kinda sucks. unless e is taking lessons from lids all offseason i fail to see how he lives up to that deal.

Guest Crymson

Now you're just trolling this thread.

For the first time EVER, every poster on LGW agrees on something unanimously, and you have to f*** it up.

Do you actually think this was a good signing?

I'm trolling trolls.

I hate this signing. I dislike even more that people are so dumb as to call for Holland's head over it. How many GMs in league history never made a bad signing?

franzen's contract is going to look terrible in a couple years. he's injury prone and signed till hes like 40.... i'm not a fan of that contract.... burns is a great dman. u can't just point out his faults and then say franzen has none. franzen is very injury prone. so pluses on burns... young, loads of potential on a great team like detroit, young, big, right shot....

This

Franzen or Hossa??? :)

That must be why we've lacked success so badly during his term as GM. After all, he never managed to draft or to keep Datsyuk, Franzen or Zetterberg at reasonable prices, nor find such gems as Cleary, Samuelsson and Eaves, nor land key players like Rafalski.

Good call.

I agree, there is no reason to suggest he is worthless as a GM.

I will just let everyone rant on this one. WE ARE FRUSTRATED!!!

We are not used to being so ignored, so unimportant, so emasculated by the system. We work the system, and now the system is working us... It seems to be a sentiment that affects me in every aspect of my life but not hockey. I never ever expected to feel like we cannot win as a Red Wings fan... maybe with the refs, but not in running the team.

This offseason is starting to make me feel that way. It isn't even over and I have little faith that our team will be any better than last year, and to make things worse I am losing a few of the people that made me so confident in our dominance over the years.

Honestly, Buffalo has emerged as the type of team that could be the next Red Wings with a great owner. More reason that I think we might be ready for a big stumble when Lidstrom retires. Thank God we are a great drafting team. I hope that we somehow can get a crack at a lottery pick without having to be a lottery team so we can get a new foundation cornerstone.

ONE YEAR LEFT ON HIS CONTRACT.

And if you think Franzen sucks so badly, why in the hell do you think that Minnesota would want him over Setoguchi?

DURRR.

we will be locked in battle forever it seems.... seriously though, i respect ur opinion, ur one of the better posters on lgw.

I'm trolling trolls.

I hate this signing. I dislike even more that people are so dumb as to call for Holland's head over it. How many GMs in league history never made a bad signing?

Yzerman?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Who the hell is Mark Spizzirri? But he got one thing right. It looks very much like the best D men are not going to be available, so he didn't have a helluva lot of choice.

I also want to think that now that Ericsson is signed for a longer period, he will relax and let himself play the way he knows that he can play. Go, Big E! Go, Kenny! :thumbup:

i haven't said holland's a bad GM for the record... im with you, holland is still one of the best. but this contract and the decision to have ericsson back kinda sucks. unless e is taking lessons from lids all offseason i fail to see how he lives up to that deal.

You are making Burns out to be some sort of a God. He is not even in the top 25 D men IMO and Franzen is far greater!

Guest Crymson

Screw it. Hopefully people will have put away the torches and found their logical brains by the time the 4th rolls around.

Until then, people should perhaps bear in mind that with the cap increasing so much, one contract that's $2m higher than it should be is not a catastrophe. It's a minor burp.

Edited by Crymson

That must be why we've lacked success so badly during his term as GM. After all, he never managed to draft or to keep Datsyuk, Franzen or Zetterberg at reasonable prices, nor find such gems as Cleary, Samuelsson and Eaves, nor land key players like Rafalski.

Good call.

Franzan's contract is way too long, and Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom took less to stay with detroit. I agree Rafalski was key but he was from Michigan and got paid 6 million a year. So its not like Holland got a home town discount. I still like Holland but when he finally makes an aggressive move he give E almost for mil. Bieksa and Markov only got around 4 mil and they can actually score.

Who the hell is Mark Spizzirri? But he got one thing right. It looks very much like the best D men are not going to be available, so he didn't have a helluva lot of choice.

I also want to think that now that Ericsson is signed for a longer period, he will relax and let himself play the way he knows that he can play. Go, Big E! Go, Kenny! :thumbup:

well holland should have made a move to make them available to him.

You are making Burns out to be some sort of a God. He is not even in the top 25 D men IMO and Franzen is far greater!

lol i never even mentioned burns in that post! but whatevs, babs was pretty pissed too so im cool with that. ill go along with him (i respect his opinion).

Franzan's contract is way too long, and Datsyuk, Zetterberg, and Lidstrom took less to stay with detroit. I agree Rafalski was key but he was from Michigan and got paid 6 million a year. So its not like Holland got a home town discount. I still like Holland but when he finally makes an aggressive move he give E almost for mil. Bieksa and Markov only got around 4 mil and they can actually score.

Markov is injury prone and he's paid $5.75M

Screw it. Hopefully people will have put away the torches and found their logical brains by the time the 4th rolls around.

I think everyone just wants you to admit that Holland failed big time today.

You can't excuse it based on his great track record.

I just hope Holland realized how pissed off his entire fan base is over a total s*** move he made. I hope he understands how bad he f***ed up. I hope Holland feels like garbage for giving Ericsson over double of what he is worth when that money could have gone towards Wiz or a forward to improve the team.

Hopefully he takes his ******* greedy ass back to Russia. I don't need 2 s***ty signings in a span of 24 hours.

No, let's make us better team and let his sign with Pens... Jagr will be our best addition if he can/will sign with any other team than Detroit...