• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

I think it's an awful signing. I don't even want Ericsson on the team. But I also think that it's a small signing. He didn't throw away a huge amount of money. Ericsson got maybe $1.5m more than he should have gotten.

maybe 1.5 more? Are you ******* kidding me? 1.5 million would have bought us a better defenseman then that useless piece of s*** we call big rig. This maybe one of the worst moves the wings have done since the lockout.

Well, we started with hoping Rig would just go away. Dream crushed.

Then, we moved on to hoping the numbers were wrong. Dream crushed.

Now, we're left clinging to a thread that there's a sign-n-trade in works. We're desperate, we is.

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the lord my sanity to keep, if Rig's still a Wing when I awake, I pray some sucker team this contract will take. A-frickin-men.

Just wait and see what the other UFA's defencemen get, and this will look like a good deal. I guarantee they'll all make more than Ericsson, and for a longer term. They'll start at 4 Million a year minimum and for 5 years minimum.

Give it a couple weeks, and it'll look ok.

Edit: Remember what Jeff Finger got a few years ago? It'll be the same thing with these guys. With that in mind, I'll take Ericsson at 3 years.

Edited by Barrie

Hopefully Holland works real hard and tries to sign Jason williams again. I am no joke pissed off about this, Holland has made deals I didn't like but they were at least somewhat with in the range of value. This is ******* pathetic and it seems like his ******* ego has gotten the best of him. Cut the ******* cord for once!

Maybe Ericsson used Eva Unit Zero stats logic on Holland to prove he's worth $3.25m. I'm sure it's possible to find one piece of stats from an obscure date to prove it.

the common arguement is, He played 20 min per game blah blah blah, to bad they were against a bunch of scrubs and he still stood out to be a big useless ***** piece of s***

I come here to see if there is any Jagr updates, and this is the stupid s*** I have to read about???

I wasn't even against E coming back, but I thought we were talking like $2mil.

WTF Kenny?

I have not been so annoyed by anything (non-political) that I've read in a very long time...

I need a drink...

Guest Crymson

With so many holes to fill on this team, I simply can't fathom how you can view this as a "small" signing.

Right. So many holes. You mean Rafalski, Salei and Modano, I imagine.

Is there any point at which you're not blowing things vastly out of proportion?

Guest Crymson

maybe 1.5 more? Are you ******* kidding me? 1.5 million would have bought us a better defenseman then that useless piece of s*** we call big rig. This maybe one of the worst moves the wings have done since the lockout.

If it's Holland's worst signing since the lockout, then he's made five less mistakes than just about every other GM during that time period. Get over it.

any word on eaves? eklund says he has signed, but eaves and ericsson both start with an e so he might be mistaken

and if this were a one year deal i could live with it, he'd have one year to prove he's ready to take the next step --- it is the 3 years that bothers me, but hey we can always bury him in the ahl if we need to right? maybe that is what holland was figuring as it is pretty common practice now

If it's Holland's worst signing since the lockout, then he's made five less mistakes than just about every other GM during that time period. Get over it.

I think you and I are the only ones who realize this is the market value for these kind of defencemen. It's high, yes, but wait and see what everyone else gets. Holland made the right move.

How do you think Jimmy Howard feels? Just a few months ago he signed for 2 years at $2.25M per.

Now, Ericsson's making $1M more than him for the next couple seasons. That can't be right.

I think you and I are the only ones who realize this is the market value for these kind of defencemen. It's high, yes, but wait and see what everyone else gets. Holland made the right move.

Then Holland should have signed him earlier in the season at $2-2.5 mill and not let it get to the 11th hour when his value was artificially inflated.

Right. So many holes. You mean Rafalski, Salei and Modano, I imagine.

Is there any point at which you're not blowing things vastly out of proportion?

dude you seriously need to get off of Hollands nuts, you do realize the man is capable of ******* up. Hudler/Madana/Williams/Ericsson all horrible horrible moves. If you want to do nothing but be around people that agree with him get off messageboards and start just watching FSN because on messageboards people actually follow the sport and understand this is buls***.

Edited by ben_usmc

I'm hoping Holland makes amends by signing someone capable of playing consistently in our own end...White, and Hamrlik come to mind.

If a player is actually worth the money Kenny likes to underbid, if he blows we decide to throw the farm at him, wtf are we Toronto??