• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ozzie30

Wings re-sign Ericsson to 3-year, $9.75m contract

Rate this topic

Ericsson would have easily had money trucks lining up at his door tomorrow at noon from a bunch of teams looking for D. Easily $3.75+ per year in this market. Ericsson now has trade value because he took a discount has a decent term @ 3years.

Holland can still afford to pay Wiz $5.5 + Eaves $1.5 +

Jagr $2.0 (don't want him) and a backup goalie at $1.0. How much cap is left over? $3+ million?

Holland has more $$ than he needs, Ericsson is an asset, he can be traded for a return. That's called asset management.

Young(er) 27, big (6',6") with a heavy shot from the point? You bet your ass there are GMs out there that would trade for him. Islanders/Leafs/Sens etc...

Ericsson is a bone head, but he's not as bad as people

think. The thing is, this is the Nu:Cap and fans (LGWs) have not yet adjusted. His contract will look like a steal in a few months.

Turnover machine, pylon, terrible in own zone, offensively retarded, weak puck handler, and 90% of the time looks completely lost on the ice......yea, I can totally see how enticing he is.

The fact of the matter is, we just paid 3.25 mil for a repeatedly benched, bottom pair D-man.

No. I mean if he progresses, Holland probably told him he'll stay. If he doesn't progress (stays the same), he'll be traded. Ericsson as-is, has trade value in this market. I don't see Ericsson regressing unless he gets a fluke injury that hampers him.

Who would want him if he doesn't get better for 3.25m?

Edited by Shaman464

Turnover machine, pylon, terrible in own zone, offensively retarded, weak puck handler, and 90% of the time looks completely lost on the ice......yea, I can totally see how enticing he is.

The fact of the matter is, we just paid 3.25 mil for a repeatedly benched, bottom pair D-man.

Not a fan of Ericsson either but this is quite an exaggeration don't you think?

For one, I'm pretty sure he wasn't benched at all this past season. He played 74 games and missed 8 due to back spasms.

Guest Heaten

Who would want him if he doesn't get better for 3.75m?

Holland got a 5th and a prospect for Ville ******* Leino... Just sayin'

anyone think this contract is strange? I know we all seem to be baffled at it.

maybe holland has some secret agreement with a team needing to reach the cap floor to package ericsson with one of huds/flip and a prospect to land us bogosian or a young stud D man like that.

Edited by redwingfan19

Ville Leino scored more than Flip and Hudler this year.

Guest Heaten

Ville Leino scored more than Flip and Hudler this year.

Okay? Your point?

Okay? Your point?

Ville Leino was never doubted as a point producer or a solid winger, it was always the contention that he just didn't fit into the wings system. Seriously, there was a lot less risk. How can you compared to an underachieving Leino at 800,000 to Ericsson at 3.25m?

Edited by Shaman464

Are you being sarcastic? Please tell me you're being sarcastic...

Edited by ShanahanMan

anyone think this contract is strange? I know we all seem to be baffled at it.

maybe holland has some secret agreement with a team needing to reach the cap floor to package ericsson with one of huds/flip and a prospect to land us bogosian or a young stud D man like that.

We can only hope that is the case.

Wow :blink: Just wow.

I guess that increase in the cap and a weak FA market this year means that its Overpayment City. I imagine we're going to see some monster contracts for some very average FAs in the next few days.

We can only hope that is the case.

Sounds like "Ericsson wants a bigger role,so we'll pay him more money". Translation being he is taking Rafalski' spot?...scary thought. Doesn't sound like a trade is in the works, then again, nobody signs a guy and goes to the media and says " we're looking at trading newly signed (insert name here)".

While this is a bad signing, to me it looks like Holland is ready to grab Bogosian. He's been eyeing Bogosian for a while now, and Winnipeg is a team that needs to meet the floor anyway. Package with Ericsson + Hudler + a 2012 draft pick = bogosian? It would be good for Winnipeg, because they need some offensive firepower more than they need D. Ericsson and Hudler are also both great players, and a change of scenery might propel them out of their stale state. Holland's too smart to make deals like this with the intention of actually keeping Ericsson. The man has shown great cunning and intelligence over the years. I'm confident he won't let us down now.

wheres a 357 when I need one? :ranting::ranting::ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

I hate Holland now. He had the opportunity to go after some key players and NO didnt do s***.

Welcome to a horrible season(s)

EDIT

Ill hold my breath till 1 pm tomorrow and hope that we pull the Diveaguchi move the Sharks did during the draft.

If there arent signs of a pending move within a day, Im gonna start choking on my own vomit thinking we are paying 3+ a year for a piece of s*** player. Dman shortage or not, hes not worth that type of money unless hes going to an under floor team.

BTW do people turn red or blue holding their breath? I hope its red cause if I die I want it to be the right color.

Edited by Cali-Wing-Nut

Guest Heaten

Ville Leino was never doubted as a point producer or a solid winger, it was always the contention that he just didn't fit into the wings system. Seriously, there was a lot less risk. How can you compared to an underachieving Leino at 800,000 to Ericsson at 3.25m?

Your argument doesn't help you. Leino never proved himself in the NHL. He was a risk / high-reward boom or bust player.

While Ericsson has a heavy shot from the point (see game 7 against the Pens, Ericsson was the only Red Wing to score in that game), doesn't use it much. He hasn't really been giving the chance on the PP.

However, Ericsson is a proven PK guy and minute eater, he is at the very least, a 5th defensemen in the new CBA market, where players are going to get overpaid from here on out.

Ericsson is not a risk of being a bust, he is a proven dman and will, at the very least, eat lots of minutes and be a solid PK. His heavy shot is known around the league by GMs.

You are fooling yourself if you think Ericsson is not worth picks as-is right now. He's only 27 and has only played 2 season. His best years are still ahead of him.

Bottom line, Holland will have no problems profiting from this Contract one way or another (unless an unforeseen freak accident happens). Amazing how underrated Ericsson is on LGWs.

Edited by Heaten